Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

nerf snipers


Altheran's Avatar


Altheran
07.28.2012 , 08:53 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by kuey View Post
Also still waiting on that fraps recording showing the op going down in 3 hits that he said he'd post a reply on his other thread.
Me too. Just yesterday, I fought a sorc with my sniper, and according to damage numbers he was not having Expertise, or few like ~600 as if wearing old champion gear...

And the fight had been like this :
Snipe - hit count : 1
Followthrough - hit count : 2 (+1)
Series of Shots - hit count : 6 (+4)
Ambush - hit count : 7 (+1)
Followthrough - hit count : 8 (+1)
Take down - hit count : 9 (+1)

Well, he died fast, but it's his fault not wearing anything decent... but still, I would love to see a 3-hit-KO.

NoTomorrow's Avatar


NoTomorrow
07.28.2012 , 08:55 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
Me too. Just yesterday, I fought a sorc with my sniper, and according to damage numbers he was not having Expertise, or few like ~600 as if wearing old champion gear...

And the fight had been like this :
Snipe - hit count : 1
Followthrough - hit count : 2 (+1)
Series of Shots - hit count : 6 (+4)
Ambush - hit count : 7 (+1)
Followthrough - hit count : 8 (+1)
Take down - hit count : 9 (+1)

Well, he died fast, but it's his fault not wearing anything decent... but still, I would love to see a 3-hit-KO.
It was only possible before 1.3 on recruit people with power relic and adrenals
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

PloGreen's Avatar


PloGreen
07.28.2012 , 09:00 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by vwsupra View Post
They shouldnt be able to take down someone in full warhero gear in 3 shots. /end thread
Then that war hero is a muppet,land deserved what he got. Seriously if you are Qq about sniper - you are probably the worst player in the game. Snipers do what they are supposed do, you bloody nooby whiners complain about any class that can kill you.

MidichIorian's Avatar


MidichIorian
07.28.2012 , 09:02 AM | #44
I think sniper, as the only AC, is fine in the 50-bracket. Everyone els is too far down or too far up.

Snipers in 1-49 on the other hand, not so good. It is totally unreasonable that they can hit for 5K+3K within a second on people with 12K HP. That's like the equivlalent of almost 12K on a WH, I don't see hits like that in the 50 bracket.

PloGreen's Avatar


PloGreen
07.28.2012 , 09:02 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Truescopes View Post
So can most classes.
No my sage you can't. Must be some **** awful sages on your server..

Skolops's Avatar


Skolops
07.28.2012 , 09:08 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
I think sniper, as the only AC, is fine in the 50-bracket. Everyone els is too far down or too far up.

Snipers in 1-49 on the other hand, not so good. It is totally unreasonable that they can hit for 5K+3K within a second on people with 12K HP. That's like the equivlalent of almost 12K on a WH, I don't see hits like that in the 50 bracket.
I played a very well geared gunslinger in the 1-49 brackets and never saw numbers like this. My only thought is that your gear is 10 or 15 levels too low.
El'Skan-Assassin /// Laetrie-Sniper /// Caelie-Slinger /// Fidaeria-Jugg
Armack -Chaetrie -Gaurex -Isdron -Skol'ompara /// Misericordiae -Elnar -Rujko -Sophiya
<I AM LEGEND>
Prophecy of the Five

ccoolmint's Avatar


ccoolmint
07.28.2012 , 09:10 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Skolops View Post
I played a very well geared gunslinger in the 1-49 brackets and never saw numbers like this. My only thought is that your gear is 10 or 15 levels too low.
or his character was a sorcerer.

MidichIorian's Avatar


MidichIorian
07.28.2012 , 09:11 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Skolops View Post
I played a very well geared gunslinger in the 1-49 brackets and never saw numbers like this. My only thought is that your gear is 10 or 15 levels too low.
It has never happened to me but I saw it in a video the other day. Let me see if I can dig it up.

Here, the guy has several videos (different levels) There's no way of telling how geared the enemies are. All I know is that I've never hit that hard on anyone in lowbie bracket with another class.

wessik's Avatar


wessik
07.28.2012 , 09:44 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by vwsupra View Post
They shouldnt be able to take down someone in full warhero gear in 3 shots. /end thread
make sure you post that fraps of you getting owned that you promised so we can laugh at you!
Wessik Moonrunner, [Helm of Graush, AzM]
[Kauri Rebel - CRSF,KoK, RSF General]
[Bloodfin Imperial - AzM], [AoC - WDMKR]
Castigere Bartucchi, [Kauri Imperial - MYST]

Smashbrother's Avatar


Smashbrother
07.28.2012 , 10:11 AM | #50
In a group setting, snipers are easy as hell to kill under FF. They're def cd is 3 min cd, and it requires them to sit still. VGs and sents are studier under FF and do just as much dam.

For control of the field though, no one beats a sniper and that is why my rwz team almost always uses one.