Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

nerf snipers

ventvisor
07.28.2012 , 07:48 AM | #11
I have a gunslinger...and I am well known on my server (less so sense merger...but I digress) If left alone I will mow thru anything with my dps. However sense people see me and will make my life terrible unless I have have a healer on me. 1v1 I will tear most mara/sents apart. PT's are a good fight...50/50 chance i win the fight. IF you gang up on me I will lose.

If you want to nerf snipers...all that will accomplish is more maras/sents and pt/vans rerolling. Just what we need

Personally I feel the game is fairly well balanced right now. You put equal gear and equal skill up against each other you will have very good fights. Some classes are better vs others yes...but nobody is outragously better then the other 1v1. The issue right now with all of the fotm rerolls is that you have teams of pt or maras rolling thru wzs. There is very little you can do against those groups unless you have awesome heals and a similiar make up including sents and vans.

So...please don't take away my gunslingers abilities

Neoforcer
07.28.2012 , 07:53 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Aehgo View Post
CCed to death?lol how is that different from ANY other class?Have you forgot snipers get a 20 second CC immunity?
And all their roots+Aoe abilities,One good melee class,can't beat a lethality or Marksman/engineers sniper in a 1v1,2 might be able to kill the sniper but definately not one.
i beat sniper/gs all the time there saber fodder for a sin/shadow tank. iI have not found one good sniper/gs that can kill my tank before i kill them while using cyber tech grenades and all my stuns. I end up with 3/4 health and the sniper dead. ya we cant take sniper no sir. lol cc is your friend i can cc more then any sniper/gs any day

NoTomorrow
07.28.2012 , 07:55 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ventvisor View Post
I have a gunslinger...and I am well known on my server (less so sense merger...but I digress) If left alone I will mow thru anything with my dps. However sense people see me and will make my life terrible unless I have have a healer on me. 1v1 I will tear most mara/sents apart. PT's are a good fight...50/50 chance i win the fight. IF you gang up on me I will lose.

If you want to nerf snipers...all that will accomplish is more maras/sents and pt/vans rerolling. Just what we need

Personally I feel the game is fairly well balanced right now. You put equal gear and equal skill up against each other you will have very good fights. Some classes are better vs others yes...but nobody is outragously better then the other 1v1. The issue right now with all of the fotm rerolls is that you have teams of pt or maras rolling thru wzs. There is very little you can do against those groups unless you have awesome heals and a similiar make up including sents and vans.

So...please don't take away my gunslingers abilities
How are you loosing to PT? Pyros or Tanks? What's your spec? The only problematic matchups are Marksmanship vs Tank, and Lethality without ballistic dampers vs Pyro. In any other matchup, the sniper should always win.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

NoTomorrow
07.28.2012 , 08:00 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Neoforcer View Post
i beat sniper/gs all the time there saber fodder for a sin/shadow tank. iI have not found one good sniper/gs that can kill my tank before i kill them while using cyber tech grenades and all my stuns. I end up with 3/4 health and the sniper dead. ya we cant take sniper no sir. lol cc is your friend i can cc more then any sniper/gs any day
i think after the tank assassin nerf i have a very good chance against you, even after you open on me from invisibility. the reason for your success is that you fought many snipers that dont have a clue about force shroud, deflection, harnessed darkness.
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

ventvisor
07.28.2012 , 08:00 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
How are you loosing to PT? Pyros or Tanks? What's your spec? The only problematic matchups are Marksmanship vs Tank, and Lethality without ballistic dampers vs Pyro. In any other matchup, the sniper should always win.
I am marksman, and I ussually lose the fights when I am on CD's our caught off gaurd. There high opening burst is to much for me (I am not fully geared yet) In a straight up 1v1 against equal gear/skill I will in the majority...but we aren't talking about open world equal footing fights. We are talking about wz, were all things aren't always equal

Rabelle
07.28.2012 , 08:05 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Lithy View Post
I can kill full augmented Warhero sages in 3-4
Quote: Originally Posted by Truescopes View Post
So can most classes.
So theres not really a problem then. I was just replying to the person saying it's impossible.

Heh, well, the Sages might beg to differ

vimm
07.28.2012 , 08:05 AM | #17
I can kill full augmented Warhero sages in 3-4
If they sit still, sure.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

Lithy
07.28.2012 , 08:07 AM | #18
I am marksman, and I ussually lose the fights when I am on CD's our caught off gaurd. There high opening burst is to much for me (I am not fully geared yet) In a straight up 1v1 against equal gear/skill I will in the majority...but we aren't talking about open world equal footing fights. We are talking about wz, were all things aren't always equal
Without CDs fully geared pyro's are hella tough, not impossible. I win regularly but Pyro Powertech is definitely the hardest match up for a sniper, imo.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabelle View Post
Heh, well, the Sages might beg to differ
My main alt is a sorc so I've been on the receiving end too :#
Lithíum Hartshotte, Sniper
Exit Area

Tallianna Hartshotte, Gunslinger
Officer of Shadowed

NoTomorrow
07.28.2012 , 08:09 AM | #19
Well i die to them too, when i am focused on interrupting the captures and bomb planting.
but 1vs1 we should always win, unless he has a line of sight obstruction within 10 meters from us.

The evasion itself delays his railshot rotation by 3 seconds, his thermal detonator is absorbed by ballistic dampers and shield probe. We have 2 knockbacks and 2 roots to keep him at distance from refreshfing his railshot CD with rocketpunch and flame burst. Oh and passive 20% defense against railshots.

There is really nothing a pt pyro can do against a good sniper.
against tanks we got target acquired which made our life easier. Our crits ignore his shield, and we can have 60% total armor penalty on ambush. I am not afraid of PT.

Skolops
07.28.2012 , 08:09 AM | #20
This is the thing. I remember when I played my Guardian I used to hate snipers and thought they were unapproachable and unkillable, with "1000 abilities all of them knockbacks" as I used to tell people. Then I played a Gunslinger and found out its actually only 1 knockback - 2 for the casting spec - with cooldowns and situational limitations.

When you're on the other side, though, its easy to go up to a sniper, get knocked back and rooted, knocked back and rooted again, die, and think that that is something the class can do on demand in every situation. I think people really need to play other classes to appreciate them and realize that things really aren't as they seem on the other side. This goes for marauders, snipers, even powertechs.
El'Skan-Assassin /// Laetrie-Sniper /// Caelie-Slinger /// Fidaeria-Jugg
Armack -Chaetrie -Gaurex -Isdron -Skol'ompara /// Misericordiae -Elnar -Rujko -Sophiya
<I AM LEGEND>
Prophecy of the Five