Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

KOTOR 1 vs KOTOR 2

Rayla_Felana
07.30.2012 , 08:53 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Dirtnose View Post
However, I am yet to play Kotor 2 with the Restored Content Patch, I plan on playing it soon and by what people are saying about the patch, it may surpass the original Kotor for me.
Plot points fixed, the ending is ten times better, a huge amount of side quests that weren't put in, which allows you to hit max level without having to go and bug cheat in the tomb of Ludo Kressh, a massive amount of dialogue is restored, Mical's final conversation is fixed, a few Jedi that don't exist in the release game are restored, the companions have a lot more to do, Atris is fixed, Kreia is fixed and the mandalorians are fixed as well.

Rayla_Felana
07.30.2012 , 08:54 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by RendValor View Post
KotOR II with the restored content patch is much, MUCH better than KotOR I, which was a great game in its own right
I don't even consider KotOR II without the restored content to be KotOR II.

GrandMasterOteg
07.30.2012 , 03:35 PM | #23
KOTOR I handsdown for me, but if KOTOR II were finished it'd certainly give it a run for it's money if not surpass it.

TKMaster
07.30.2012 , 03:37 PM | #24
Gotta go with KOTOR1, it was 1st and had such a great "HOLY $#IT!" moment when you found out who Revan was.

The Exile seemed less interesting to me and having to listen to Treya double talk her nonsense was annoying and poorly written...."oh no, dont do the right think because it'll lead to the wrong thing".....shut up old woman.

Cavell
07.30.2012 , 03:42 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by TKMaster View Post
Gotta go with KOTOR1, it was 1st and had such a great "HOLY $#IT!" moment when you found out who Revan was.

The Exile seemed less interesting to me and having to listen to Treya double talk her nonsense was annoying and poorly written...."oh no, dont do the right think because it'll lead to the wrong thing".....shut up old woman.
Kreia was essentially Chris Avellone giving a big middle finger to George Lucas' binary, rather childish, "Good is good, and evil is evil," implementation of the universe. KotOR II is basically one big deconstruction of every Star Wars trope out there, which is why it's so good.

TKMaster
07.30.2012 , 03:48 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Cavell View Post
Kreia was essentially Chris Avellone giving a big middle finger to George Lucas' binary, rather childish, "Good is good, and evil is evil," implementation of the universe. KotOR II is basically one big deconstruction of every Star Wars trope out there, which is why it's so good.
Opinions and a-holes tbqh, i gave my opinion, didnt need to be corrected for it.

And if you think evil isnt black and white talk to my great grandfather about the nazi's and what he saw with his eyes. Yes, there is complete unapologetic evil in the universe. This new age BS about everything is subjective is wrong.

GarfieldJL
07.30.2012 , 03:55 PM | #27
No, Kreia was actually quite evil, she just had some priorities.

1. Get revenge on those that betrayed her.
2. She was obsessed with the Exile, whom was beautiful to her, a gaping wound in the Force.
3. Take down the surviving council members.

There were also some things that she considered to be going way too far, primarily wiping out all life in the galaxy, she thought that kind of victory was hollow and completely idiocy. She thought one of the Sith Lords running around at the time needed to be stopped before he turned the galaxy into a lifeless void...

If you recall, Kreia often pushed the Exile towards the darkside, unless there was something to benefit to the Exile to not do something evil. She was very manipulative and preferred manipulation instead of a more direct approach.

Cavell
07.30.2012 , 05:00 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
No, Kreia was actually quite evil, she just had some priorities.

1. Get revenge on those that betrayed her.
2. She was obsessed with the Exile, whom was beautiful to her, a gaping wound in the Force.
3. Take down the surviving council members.

There were also some things that she considered to be going way too far, primarily wiping out all life in the galaxy, she thought that kind of victory was hollow and completely idiocy. She thought one of the Sith Lords running around at the time needed to be stopped before he turned the galaxy into a lifeless void...

If you recall, Kreia often pushed the Exile towards the darkside, unless there was something to benefit to the Exile to not do something evil. She was very manipulative and preferred manipulation instead of a more direct approach.
You've never played through as a darksider, have you?

Rayla_Felana
07.30.2012 , 05:11 PM | #29
You've never played through as a darksider, have you?
She retains the same outlook regardless.

Cavell
07.30.2012 , 05:46 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
She retains the same outlook regardless.
She actually counsels against DS for DS' sake actions, same as she does with LS.

Kreia wasn't just out to knock off Jedi. She was out to knock off Jedi, Sith...everybody who uses the Force. And the Force itself. She saw the Force as, inherently, an element of chaos. She, like some of the opinions expressed by some NPCs in TOR, believed that the galaxy would have a lot fewer problems - or at least multi-million death counts - without either Jedi or Sith around to hack at each other every few centuries.

Now, contrast that with Lucas, who says the Force is the bestest thing ever bestiest bestest bestest, and the Jedi are the creamiest of the creamy cream crop (despite showing remarkable ineptitude at their stated jobs in his canon), and you can hopefully see why I view KotOR II as a Star Wars deconstruction. Hell, I'll dig up the old interview where Avellone said they wanted to take Star Wars in a direction it hadn't been before if I have to.