Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

KOTOR 1 vs KOTOR 2

Rayla_Felana
07.28.2012 , 07:04 AM | #11
KotOR II was superior in every way to me, now with the restored content patch 1.8 it isn't even a contest, 1.7 by itself was amazing, now after about half an hour of playing 1.8 this game is finally complete, and KotOR doesn't even come close.

humphreyhufnagel
07.28.2012 , 07:18 AM | #12
I think I logged more game time into KOTOR II than any other game in my life. I can't wait to revisit it with the new patch. Aesthetically, I think KOTOR I was the better game. But KOTOR II felt much more immersive to me. I was finding hidden dialogue choices a year and a half down the road. The path of KOTOR I frequently felt rather constrained.

DarthJopeous
07.28.2012 , 10:41 AM | #13
KOTOR 1.

1. Better storyline and hidden twists at the end.
2. Better characters overall. Basilla, Revan, Canderous Ordo, HK-45, mission etc.
3. KOTOR 2 had no finish product and had too short ending. Really no ending at all.
4. Revan is way better than Exile. Exile was cool but more of a follower than a leader. Kreia had Exile under her thumb most of the game.
5. Why does the female leads have the worst love interests. The love interest of Exile was as annoying as Carth and dumber.

Overall KOTOR 1.

But KOTOR 2 had its great things too.
1. Awesome villians.
2. Better graphics.
3. Higher levels and force powers available.

But no real reward at the end but still fun to play.

Both games are my favorite star wars games. My third favorite is Jedi Academy.

BrandonSM
07.28.2012 , 11:04 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthJopeous View Post
KOTOR 1.

1. Better storyline and hidden twists at the end.
2. Better characters overall. Basilla, Revan, Canderous Ordo, HK-45, mission etc.
3. KOTOR 2 had no finish product and had too short ending. Really no ending at all.
4. Revan is way better than Exile. Exile was cool but more of a follower than a leader. Kreia had Exile under her thumb most of the game.
5. Why does the female leads have the worst love interests. The love interest of Exile was as annoying as Carth and dumber.

Overall KOTOR 1.

But KOTOR 2 had its great things too.
1. Awesome villians.
2. Better graphics.
3. Higher levels and force powers available.

But no real reward at the end but still fun to play.

Both games are my favorite star wars games. My third favorite is Jedi Academy.
KOTOR 2 had a way better storlyine and characters than Kotor 1.... KOTOR 1 was just finished. But now, thats changed.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

EnsignSorrow
07.28.2012 , 05:01 PM | #15
Both are good. Second is way better. I even liked the ending.

Sometimes things are better left for another time. I was very interested in what became of the Exile for many years, and that kept me thinking about Star Wars.
"To be Jedi is to face the truth, and choose. Give off light, or darkness, Padawan. Be a candle, or the night, Padawan: but choose!"

GarfieldJL
07.28.2012 , 07:51 PM | #16
KotOR II had Atton Rand and Mira, those two had more personality than the entire crew of KotOR 1 put together... HK 47 was in both games...

TheColtCrazy
07.29.2012 , 03:07 PM | #17
Basically this is how I think of it:
KotOR 1 - better gameplay, more cheerful, great story
KotOR 2 TSL - better more complex story, dark (much stress on the "dark" and "complex" part. I love that.)

How I think of it, I only think TSL is better because I had the Restored Content Mod. TSL storyline was so great and dark. Just what I love in anything Star Wars.

dronepilot
07.30.2012 , 07:55 AM | #18
KOTOR I for the story and content. KOTOR II for game design, and game enhancements over the original game.
Velseen / Valseena
Jedi Consular Level 50 - Shadow - Infiltrator - Jedi Sage
Tomb of Freedom Nadd

RendValor
07.30.2012 , 08:01 AM | #19
KotOR II with the restored content patch is much, MUCH better than KotOR I, which was a great game in its own right
The Trayus Legacy - Prophecy of the Five

Dirtnose
07.30.2012 , 08:22 AM | #20
Kotor 1 is my favourite game ever and I prefer it, but Kotor 2 is a vastly underrated game as are Obsidian as a games company. Given the terrible time frame they were given to make Kotor 2 by LucasArts it's an amazing game and one of the best games ever made IMO. Kotor 1 just beats it though, only just. Both top class games. Amazing.

However, I am yet to play Kotor 2 with the Restored Content Patch, I plan on playing it soon and by what people are saying about the patch, it may surpass the original Kotor for me.