Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

KOTOR 1 vs KOTOR 2

BrandonSM
07.27.2012 , 06:53 PM | #1
Yeah I know, second Vs thread in less than a week.

But which in your honest opinions is better?

I like KOTOR 2, I think it had better story...
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

leighlin
07.27.2012 , 07:01 PM | #2
I preferred KOTOR 1. It had a lot less glitches.
Quote: Originally Posted by leighlin View Post
Wait... am I in my signature? Sweet! Wait..... I'm trapped! Help!

Aximand
07.27.2012 , 08:34 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by leighlin View Post
I preferred KOTOR 1. It had a lot less glitches.
You can blame that on Lucas Arts rushing the release of KotOR II to be in time for one of the prequels. The restored content version is so much better its almost laughable.

That said, KotOR II is better, in my opinion. Better story, better game play, better characters.
I'm not mean, you're just a sissy.
The Orange Pixel is the REAL Sith Emperor
I don't need luck, I've got ammo - Urdnot Grunt
Remember 4/22/2011. A day that shall live in infamy.

Eillack
07.27.2012 , 09:55 PM | #4
Kotor II

Great story, and fun bugs.
- Being able to hold my saber backwords due to a bug made me laugh. And then the bug on Korriabn that unleashed an infinate amount of those lizard-like beasts that can farm XP like mad. I became pretty much 1-shot attack after that bug each time...
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Tuscad
07.27.2012 , 09:58 PM | #5
Kotor 2, I played it alot more. I loved being able to influence my companions and turn them into Sith or Jedi.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

ZIMMOZMAN
07.27.2012 , 10:11 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Kotor II

Great story, and fun bugs.
- Being able to hold my saber backwords due to a bug made me laugh. And then the bug on Korriabn that unleashed an infinate amount of those lizard-like beasts that can farm XP like mad. I became pretty much 1-shot attack after that bug each time...
yeah that korrabin bug was funny made my original xbox doe and made the weirdest noise
I FEEL A DISTURBANCE IN THE FORCE

Selvec
07.27.2012 , 10:34 PM | #7
Not a fair fight.

KOTOR1 was complete. KOTOR2 wasn't. KOTOR 1 was better then KOTOR 2, before the restoration patch. After KOTOR 2 is applied with the restoration patch, its much better then KOTOR 1.

Except the sexy underwear...KOTOR1 beats KOTOR 2 there <_<

Cavell
07.27.2012 , 11:33 PM | #8
KotOR II. Hands down. A better story, better companions, better gear customization, and far better roleplaying.

Airmo
07.27.2012 , 11:53 PM | #9
For me it'll always be KOTOR 1. Just had the classic feel that got me into Star Wars in the first place.
"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking. It allows us to be honest with ourselves, to express those values that we would disavow in the light. The light blinds us. It is only in the dark that we see clearly."

Parasi
07.28.2012 , 01:49 AM | #10
I loved KoTOR - it was a classic; well written, compelling and captivating. It had a point and the storytelling was superb. You couldn't stop playing because of the "I wonder what's gonna happen next" feeling. That is what makes any story a success.

KoTOR II had great gameplay and game system improvements - it made playing the game between the story elements much more fun. Also, the higher level classes made you feel really powerful and kinda cool.

Overall though, the story was lackluster and the things they asked you to swallow were often unbelievable - it quickly lost its Star Wars feel along the way. It just wasn't a meaningful or deep story anymore. As a follow-up to the original it had the disappointment factor working against it. It was good, it just never hit that great level of taking the most game of the year awards ever and in some ways it let the fans down, even though it was a good game.

Unfortunately, I couldn't stomach the poor storytelling more than one and a half playthroughs. It could have been titled "Delusions of the Dark Side" and that's what it felt like - not a real story in the Star Wars universe but a dream (or nightmare) induced by the dark side of the force. It just wasn't compelling.