Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

16 Man VS 8 Man Denova Loot


dakisback's Avatar


dakisback
07.27.2012 , 06:39 PM | #1
Lately a lot of guilds have been running two 8-man groups to get double the loot than they would get by being in a 16-man raid.

16-man Group
  • 8 [Synthetic Energy Matrix]
  • 16 [Molecular Stabilizer]

Two 8-man groups
  • 16 [Synthetic Energy Matrix]
  • 32 [Molecular Stabilizer]

They should have doubled the materials gained from running a 16-man Operation.
What's the incentive to running a 16-man raid? Can we expect this to be fixed in a future patch?
DakisbackMarkmanship Sniper Dakisbehindyou[AMR]Lethality Operative DakiscatImmortal Juggernaut Dakisaheadofyou Darkness Assassin
<The Revenant>
The Shadowlands

RanisTheSlayer's Avatar


RanisTheSlayer
07.27.2012 , 07:19 PM | #2
Kephess also only drops one armoring in 16-man, not two like he should. Considering how easy it is to get black hole comms these days, that's the only thing that matters.

pureeffinmetal's Avatar


pureeffinmetal
07.27.2012 , 07:39 PM | #3
I sense a 16m vs 8m difficulty argument incoming.
Fallschirmjager
Lightning Sorcerer
<Rapture>
The Shadowlands (Formerly Shadow Hand)

BrandonSM's Avatar


BrandonSM
07.27.2012 , 07:49 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by pureeffinmetal View Post
I sense a 16m vs 8m difficulty argument incoming.
A disturbance in the Force you say?
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

dominius's Avatar


dominius
07.28.2012 , 02:17 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by RanisTheSlayer View Post
Kephess also only drops one armoring in 16-man, not two like he should. Considering how easy it is to get black hole comms these days, that's the only thing that matters.
Yeah, the extra armoring is nice. We have so many of the crafting mats too that we don't even clear all the trash to get those chests. I can't sell them fast enough, they just pile up in our guild bank.
Guildmaster of
Elitist Isolationists
Website | Forums | The Harbinger
Domineus || Malego || Trotsky || Ava'rus

darth_trajian's Avatar


darth_trajian
07.29.2012 , 10:15 AM | #6
The only difference between an 8man and 16man OP are the bosses themselves. The trash is the same with the exception of boss immunity on more NPC's in 16man. So bioware would have to recode EC to change the chests. And they only fix what is broken or unbalanced. Not because people want more loot.
And why is the OP really complaining. You are in one of the largest and most experienced guilds from shadow hand, and still the same in shadowlands with the mergers. Running 2 8man groups should not be a problem for Anger. Especially when your guild no longer requires gear anymore. The only reason you guys still run it for is crafting mats and mods (mods=armoring, hilts etc...).

Now if you guys are intimidated by 8man HM EC. that is another topic.

Quote: Originally Posted by dominius View Post
Yeah, the extra armoring is nice. We have so many of the crafting mats too that we don't even clear all the trash to get those chests. I can't sell them fast enough, they just pile up in our guild bank.
To bad your not on shadowlands. With the exception of the over priced stabilzers. EC mats sell real fast on our server. I buy any stabilzer I see under 180k no matter the amount listed on the GTN. Whether it is 2 or 16.

Krazy_Karl's Avatar


Krazy_Karl
07.30.2012 , 10:58 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by darth_trajian View Post
You are in one of the largest and most experienced guilds from shadow hand, and still the same in shadowlands with the mergers. Running 2 8man groups should not be a problem for Anger.
False.

Quote: Originally Posted by darth_trajian View Post
Now if you guys are intimidated by 8man HM EC. that is another topic.
True.

So let's get on topic, in that apparently they are incapable of the 8M version of HM EC because it is far less forgiving than the 16M version. There is nothing wrong with that, it is just a skill issue.

And if you need more mats run EC HM with your alts! That's what we do.

Regards,
KK
Try not. Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

Mavery's Avatar


Mavery
07.30.2012 , 11:33 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by darth_trajian View Post
The only difference between an 8man and 16man OP are the bosses themselves. The trash is the same with the exception of boss immunity on more NPC's in 16man. So bioware would have to recode EC to change the chests. And they only fix what is broken or unbalanced. Not because people want more loot.
And why is the OP really complaining. You are in one of the largest and most experienced guilds from shadow hand, and still the same in shadowlands with the mergers. Running 2 8man groups should not be a problem for Anger. Especially when your guild no longer requires gear anymore. The only reason you guys still run it for is crafting mats and mods (mods=armoring, hilts etc...).
This simply isn't correct.

On 16-person all mobs do 1.5x more damage. This affects everyone, including tanks. Splash damage (from trash) that you can ignore in 8 becomes debilitating in 16. You have to approach fights differently.

That's what really stands out to me. It's not simply a case of some trash being CC immune.

pureeffinmetal's Avatar


pureeffinmetal
07.30.2012 , 11:51 AM | #9
Gee, who could have seen this coming.
Fallschirmjager
Lightning Sorcerer
<Rapture>
The Shadowlands (Formerly Shadow Hand)

Kobelayton's Avatar


Kobelayton
07.31.2012 , 08:00 AM | #10
Our guild (8-Man) blows through crafting mats in a hurry making mods/enhancements and selling them for Gbank funds or gearing toons.

IMO, 16 man should always be twice + a something else to incentivize for putting together the larger team. That something else doesn't really need to be on a boss by boss basis, perhaps equal loot on 2 bosses and 1 extra campaign token on the other two.

But yeah, I agree with OP. Our guild is looking to go 16-man soon and it would suck to get 1/2 the mats per toon.