Tanks underappreciated

ACTroyan

I Think the tanking stats in this game need to be looked at. not just the mitigation etc but the way score is kept.

when a tank is holding a door solo against like 4 enemies the numbers don't reflect his added survivability, our dmg received is still low because we pop cool downs for mitigation. but other than smart players who notice the dedication you have no one can see your contribution because most classes have near the same HP sure if ur fully WH and augmented u can have like 25k but still i see ops running around with 20k so its not noticeable.

My idea is to show dmg taken when you mouse over protection not deaths, and to show pre-mitigation numbers.

/rant

Nerf the scoreboard so it only shows number of medals and number of objective points. Might make people focus on objectives more (LOLyaright).

you're probably right, but I think it depends on who you play with. Me and the others in my guild greatly appreciate the tanks in our guild.

*puts guard on you, runs the other direction*

This happens more times than not. That begs an age old question:

Should the healer follow the tank or the tank follow the healer?

Thread successfully derailed.

This happens more times than not. That begs an age old question:

Should the healer follow the tank or the tank follow the healer?

Thread successfully derailed.

In my opinion, a good tank follows who he needs to follow and guards who he needs to guard. There's a lot of situational circumstances but if your healer is taking heat and you're not adapting, you're a meh tank. General rule of thumb is protect the guys trying to keep you alive, as the other team will be trying to kill them if they're worth anything. If you're not protecting them, make sure you're doing something that will contribute to winning the game. I do laugh when someone throws guard on me and runs off though as it prevents other capable people from guarding me when I really need it.

Yeah I fall into the camp of the tank should follow the healer. A healer, such as myself (sorc), has to keep moving to keep shields on everyone. Also situationally to put down a AOE heal so I am always on the move. Not to mention that I get focused often because I'm very squishy and am often the #1 target for that reason, I have to keep LOS'ing and kiting. If a tank isn't aware and moving with me, the guard is useless as he's almost never in range.

ideally i think the game plan should be laid out like tank healer whatever mid in civil war for example, tank can focus target the healer and in my case intercede to him/her quick for guard/peels. and while healers not getting focused jump into fray and aoe taunt/peel/guard dps... thats what i do at least...

i like tanks :) They are underappreciated I think. Mu survivability goes up a ton when there is a tank nearby, they not only guard you they are seemingly the only ones who knows where the healer is and when hes in trouble. I have never played one, so I dont understand the mechanics exactly but generally I get it. Also I have made a ton of mistakes working with tanks, and that's an area I will be working on alot in the next few matches.

In my opinion, a good tank follows who he needs to follow and guards who he needs to guard. There's a lot of situational circumstances but if your healer is taking heat and you're not adapting, you're a meh tank. General rule of thumb is protect the guys trying to keep you alive, as the other team will be trying to kill them if they're worth anything. If you're not protecting them, make sure you're doing something that will contribute to winning the game. I do laugh when someone throws guard on me and runs off though as it prevents other capable people from guarding me when I really need it.

Right click the Guard buffs on your bar to manually take Guard off.

RE tanks throwing guards on people and running the other way - Sometimes tanks are required elsewhere, eg. to gaurd the non-focus node. Throwing a gaurd on someone gives them a 5% reduction to damage taken even when the tank isn't near, and (for powertechs at least) gives the tank a 5% increase to damage done from the BM set bonus. You can remove an unwanted gaurd by right clicking the gaurded icon if it's causing you a problem.

I Think the tanking stats in this game need to be looked at. not just the mitigation etc but the way score is kept.

when a tank is holding a door solo against like 4 enemies the numbers don't reflect his added survivability, our dmg received is still low because we pop cool downs for mitigation. but other than smart players who notice the dedication you have no one can see your contribution because most classes have near the same HP sure if ur fully WH and augmented u can have like 25k but still i see ops running around with 20k so its not noticeable.

My idea is to show dmg taken when you mouse over protection not deaths, and to show pre-mitigation numbers.

/rant

tanks are ok, especially shadow tanks. still like 200k dmg and 50-90k def per pug wzs.

I dont even care about the mvp votes anymore, i am mostly a tank player

You can get 1 zillion in protection and the guy that did the most damage will still get the most votes, sometimes its the healer but not as often as its the guy that got 300K damge (a guy that probally does not realize that the tank made his enemy do less damage and the healer kept him alive long enough to get that damage).

I have actually (just as an experiment) used my one healer in a warzone just heal himself over and over for 15 mins and he got almost all the votes at the end, just goes to show you how much people really pay attention to the actual game.

Would be nice to get some recognition for most passese or most goal scored in huttball because the people winning that game usualy get middle ground stat and end up with zero votes.

In my experience, good tanks get votes but healers get the real love -- healers are the ones who get asked to join queue groups, asked to join guilds, asked to switch factions and play with the other side. Votes have never been the problem on my tank. Saying hi to someone and being asked, "Who are you again?" is the problem. Edited by Khalhazar

Right click the Guard buffs on your bar to manually take Guard off.

I'm aware this is possible, however, kiting marauders and powertechs while trying to select a buff that can in itself move based on new buffs and others expiring isn't always as easy it should be.

Who cares about silly votings or acknowledment?

You contribute to the team. Check. Make a difference. Check. Win. Check.

Rinse and repeat.

P.S.: Tanks and healers rule.

P.P.S: Nerf the operatives :p

Votes are meaningless these days anyway - just a popularity contest.

Tanks are certainly appreciated in RWZs. Every team needs at least 1 for some taunt and guard mitigation, and the Guardian/Jugg AOE slow spam in Voidstar after doors open is just PRICELESS.

/rant

Tanks are the most crucial aspect of ranked pvp.... a tank that guard swaps, keeps his taunts up, etc, etc, is an amazing force of nature.

I think the tank is very appreciated, by the enemy team. Pretty much free (not quick) kill that mostly can't fight back, and if they aren't supported by healers they're nothing but pests at best.