Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SKILL MENTOR - cost to change between trees

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
SKILL MENTOR - cost to change between trees

Airinya
12.20.2011 , 04:03 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by LoL-K-Noob View Post
Ya its always fun to sit around forever with an almost full group spamming "LF healer" or "LF tank" especially when some of your people in group have a tree for healing/tank. This 90s mentality of extremely strict perma choice in MMOs died out a decade ago.
Yep, and most MMOs since have sucked. If you don't want to sit around waiting for a tank or a healer make one? There are also other ways to remedy this - such as a LFG system which they already allow you to flag yourself for.

Striker
12.20.2011 , 04:05 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by LoL-K-Noob View Post
Ya its always fun to sit around forever with an almost full group spamming "LF healer" or "LF tank" especially when some of your people in group have a tree for healing/tank. This 90s mentality of extremely strict perma choice in MMOs died out a decade ago.
Grab a tank or healer that is not optimally specced. They will perform fine before hardmode max level content. Its your "WOW, you must be specced perfectly for your role" mentality that is impeding your ability to get a healer or tank more than the lack of classes that can perform that role.

Troll Toll
The Twin Spears
Hardcore Mentality. Casual Raiding Schedule

LoL-K-Noob
12.20.2011 , 04:05 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Raxwars View Post
i don't agree with cheap respec costs, this is not *** , this is Starwars, don't try to ruin it please by demanding this kinds of things.
Name how free tree respecs ruin this game. It has no negative effect on you and is equivalent to people saying "dont add chat bubbles even with a toggle Bioware". Straight up greifing.

Airinya
12.20.2011 , 04:06 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Striker View Post
Grab a tank or healer that is not optimally specced. They will perform fine before hardmode max level content. Its your "WOW, you must be specced perfectly for your role" mentality that is impeding your ability to get a healer or tank more than the lack of classes that can perform that role.
Or group with friends, your guild, or respec within your tree.

FellintoOblivion
12.20.2011 , 04:07 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Airinya View Post
Yep, and most MMOs since have sucked.
Opinion != truth

Allowing cheap and easy respecs has a net benefit on the game.

What are the negatives?

LoL-K-Noob
12.20.2011 , 04:08 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Airinya View Post
Yep, and most MMOs since have sucked. If you don't want to sit around waiting for a tank or a healer make one? There are also other ways to remedy this - such as a LFG system which they already allow you to flag yourself for.
This is a non-answer. Ya im going to make a healer or tank so I can progress my other toon that needs one? You really didn't think that through did you. Also a protip: Doesn't matter if your flagged, if no tank/healer is on the world you wont get one. Simple solution: Respec to a healing tree and presto I can continue playing and everyone is happy. Maybe its fun for you to sit around spamming "LF etc." but some people want to play the game.

Ruan
12.20.2011 , 04:08 PM | #27
To everyone against reasonable costs for respeccing or dual+ spec, I hope you spend the rest of eternity looking for a healer or tank for your flashpoint. I sure as hell won't drive myself broke for the benefit of others when I prefer to DPS when solo and in PvP.
Social features; cantinas, player housing, guild cities, these are what SWG did right.
PvP specific gear is the best way to kill PvP by segregating your player base.

Nivelis
12.20.2011 , 04:09 PM | #28
yeah I don't understand negatives also

LoL-K-Noob
12.20.2011 , 04:09 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by FellintoOblivion View Post
Opinion != truth

Allowing cheap and easy respecs has a net benefit on the game.

What are the negatives?
There are none. As you can see by previous posts they just think its not honorable to have a perma choice.

Rhinoplat
12.20.2011 , 04:11 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by gnomamos View Post
So, I am a Juggernaut. I want to play as a Tank at PvE, but I prefer to play Dps at Wzs.
I changed like 4 or 5 times, but now, at this moment it cost me 20k Credits to Change again. At lvl 23, this kind of money its HUGE. So, I lost the credits I had, dont have money to buy Speeder at 25, and Im stuck at DPS tree. Yesterday people was asking me to go Tank Flashpoints and I was like: I totally loved to, but DONT have money to swap to Immortal tree...

I dont want "Dual Spec" as change AC. I just want to change between my own trees. What a restard System BW!!! At leas, make Skill Mentor work for free!!!!
Lol, how about not switching so fast. Or roll an alt so you can have both on when you need them. The system is supposed to go down over time if you don't use the respec feature like you change your underwear.