Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SKILL MENTOR - cost to change between trees

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
SKILL MENTOR - cost to change between trees

LoL-K-Noob
12.20.2011 , 03:55 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRabbit View Post
Respecs should cost 10x what they cost currently. They are way too cheap and are ruining gameplay by allowing incompetent people to switch back and forth between builds at whim.
0/10

The sad thing is, there are actually people here who believe a person should relevel another toon the exact same way just to play a different spec from within the AC. They want you to have 3 lvl 50s of the same character so you can play all 3 trees. Foolish...

FellintoOblivion
12.20.2011 , 03:56 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRabbit View Post
Respecs should cost 10x what they cost currently. They are way too cheap and are ruining gameplay by allowing incompetent people to switch back and forth between builds at whim.
Just copy Rift's system and let us buy extra slots for specs.

The current system is just making the ability to find tanks and healers even worse then it otherwise would be.

Athorith
12.20.2011 , 03:58 PM | #13
Class choices are made to stick, otherwise (as in the mmo that shall not be named) before dual spec, people would carry around 2 sets of gear and pay a tiny amount to change things up. If you don't want to pay, make a new character for the other roll

Airinya
12.20.2011 , 03:58 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Godsfear View Post
Bump for justice.

Should be a top priority for them to get dual spec or at least cap the respec cost at 5000 credits.
No, it shouldn't. Please don't cave on this Bioware. Make choices that people make matter. Don't turn this into another on the fly change your role WoW.

Thanks.

Nivelis
12.20.2011 , 03:58 PM | #15
Why you think is incompetent? Maybe its same fun like changing equipment? You already can't change your advanced class so there are not many options left in skills.

And tbh, there is a game that is build arround skill changes and its the best pvp mmorpg so far - Guild Wars. Thousands of players enjoy that system and it works so well.
I can't understand why I can't do skill modifications arround only 3 trees and really few skills, that I can count on my fingers, comparing to GW this is nothing...

Rene_
12.20.2011 , 03:58 PM | #16
I am level 40 and easily making 50k + credit an hour doing missions and what not. Rising cost for respeccing is a valid thing.

Further more, this is a story based mmorpg, your character being the one defining the story. So yes your choices should have a strong impact on the character - didnt see Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine swapping spec every other day did ya?

Pick 1 thing, and play it. Or swap once in a while and pay the price.

Raxwars
12.20.2011 , 04:01 PM | #17
i don't agree with cheap respec costs, this is not *** , this is Starwars, don't try to ruin it please by demanding this kinds of things.

Nivelis
12.20.2011 , 04:01 PM | #18
ok good luck finding tank or healer.

You convinced me I'm sticking to vigilance tree (dps) for pvp fun -.- cmn ppl this system serves nothing

LoL-K-Noob
12.20.2011 , 04:01 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Airinya View Post
No, it shouldn't. Please don't cave on this Bioware. Make choices that people make matter. Don't turn this into another on the fly change your role WoW.

Thanks.
Ya its always fun to sit around forever with an almost full group spamming "LF healer" or "LF tank" especially when some of your people in group have a tree for healing/tank. This 90s mentality of extremely strict perma choice in MMOs died out a decade ago.

Striker
12.20.2011 , 04:03 PM | #20
You can tank as a jugg without points in the immortal tree. And stop respeccing so much. Problem solved. The cost is EXTREMELY low compared to what you end up with at level cap. Which is why respecs start low and go up.

Troll Toll
The Twin Spears
Hardcore Mentality. Casual Raiding Schedule