Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Q&A Thread for August 3rd Blog Post

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official Q&A Thread for August 3rd Blog Post
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
07.27.2012 , 01:48 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello and welcome to the official Q&A thread for questions to be answered for the August 3rd, 2012 Q&A blog post.

As a reminder, we’ll be starting up a weekly Q&A blog series in which we will select questions from the community and post answers to them every Friday. We’ll have the next set of answers next week on August 3rd, 2012, but before that, we need your questions!

Please use this thread to ask your question (one per community member, so make it count!). On Tuesday at 2PM CDT (8PM BST/9PM CEST/5AM AEST), we will close this thread, select the questions, and get answers to them for Friday’s blog post.

In order to increase the chances of having your specific question answered and to help us keep the thread manageable, here are some guidelines on asking questions:
  1. Keep your question relatively short. Background details are welcome, but don’t go overboard.
  2. Please actually ask a question. We want to hear constructive feedback elsewhere in the Forums.
  3. Use common sense – we cannot answer everything, especially on far-reaching content.
  4. This should go without saying, but be respectful.
  5. Limit yourself to one question in this thread, please. You can always ask another question next week!
  6. And finally, as a reminder, this is not a discussion thread. Do not comment about what somebody else has posted.

As development plans are always subject to change, questions about future features will often get vague answers which can be repetitive and sometimes annoying. With that in mind, the development team is more interested in questions about current in-game features or systems, or questions about why development decisions were made. You’re still welcome to ask questions about future features and we’ll continue to answer them where appropriate – just expect the occasional ‘soon.’

Any other posts apart from questions in the thread will be removed.

With that being said, please ask away!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

pure_laced
07.27.2012 , 03:11 PM | #2
From a long time hardcore raid member in several different games ranging from Everquest, Asheron's Call, Rift, WoW, and now SWTOR, I have a question that is burning on many people's minds.

Q. What is the reasoning behind releasing Operations with so few bosses while also making sure that Blackhole commendations were so easily obtained effectively lowering the amount of activity time within said Operation between updates?
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter

Izorii
07.27.2012 , 03:15 PM | #3
Why is the inclusion of new species dependant on people wanting to play Cathar. I want to play a Kel'dor, a Gran, a Mon Cal, a Trandoshan, a Rodian but I have no interest in playing a Cathar. Do I have to make a Cather for you to consider adding one or more of the species I want to play.

Doesn't the thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...479757&page=59 show people would like more species and what the front runner are?

starkmd
07.27.2012 , 03:19 PM | #4
What's being done about warzone performance? Specifically server lag (in which my melee attacks are mysteriously out of range, or characters warp across the map), and the slightly less frustrating feature of being unable to chat in /ops or see all players in the unit raid frames?

nezitx
07.27.2012 , 03:22 PM | #5
I have found that starting a cast and strafing back and forth (to interrupt it) can very reliably (only takes maybe 5 tries ) cause a global cool down in which I am actually locked out from using other abilities. There are also other reports of using non-cast time abilities misfiring and causing GCDs. This is all without any noticeable lag. Is this issue being researched and will it be addressed soon?
Nezy - 50 Marauder (main)
Nez - 50 Operative (alt)
Nezix - First 50 Sorcerer on Vrook Lamar. (retired)

Snow_Hawk
07.27.2012 , 03:24 PM | #6
Will we be able to purchase other kinds of weapons for our characters where perhaps we will be able to use a rifle as a class that at this time is bound to a pistol?

SteveANGER
07.27.2012 , 03:24 PM | #7
When will we be seeing more open (paid or not) transfers? And if you can't say when, is it at least soon?

Staavis_SC
07.27.2012 , 03:27 PM | #8
From last week:

When might we see the "Companion Match to Chest" feature implemented? Additionally, when might we see a "Hood Up / Hood Down" toggle for robes? Finally, any chance our companions could be given class tags so they could make use of armor that has class tags like TROOPER, SMUGGLER, etc?
Look, we got four or five of the main characters on this ship. I think we're gonna be okay.

Tatile
07.27.2012 , 03:31 PM | #9
Are we going to see any balances or quality of life changes to the healing specs any time soon?

ArienYrn
07.27.2012 , 03:31 PM | #10
Will we get at option to option to add a friends account/legacy to our friends list, instead of having to invite all their characters manually? and if so when?