Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do people hate us so much?

clearsighted
07.28.2012 , 01:29 AM | #21
Best defensive CDs (including a 'god mode), best DPS, great mobility, great self-healing, all on relatively short CDs, combined with the average DPSer mentality exhibited by most lolrauders, and it makes a frustrating class to face 1v1.

Helig
07.28.2012 , 02:21 AM | #22
My augmented BM(WH weapons) Marauder has more facetank survivability than my augmented WH Guardian when he's specced DPS. Lol@ medium armour argument. Raw mitigation bonus difference between medium and heavy is 5%. The defensive CDs are frakking amazing.

Marauders have a better baseline shield wall skill than Guard *tanks* have *talented*. Camo is 50% DR (WC is 40%), 8.9% uptime untalented and 13% uptime talented, while talented Warding Call has 5.5% uptime.You can also use it to break hostile channels\casts\close gaps. CloP with 50% uptime boosts raw mitigation to super-tank levels (45-46% Kin\En mitigation *and* up to 34% Kin\Ele). Not even mentioning stuff like Obfuscate and UR.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Chemic_al
07.28.2012 , 02:34 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
My augmented BM(WH weapons) Marauder has more facetank survivability than my augmented WH Guardian when he's specced DPS. Lol@ medium armour argument. Raw mitigation bonus difference between medium and heavy is 5%. The defensive CDs are frakking amazing.

Marauders have a better baseline shield wall skill than Guard *tanks* have *talented*. Camo is 50% DR (WC is 40%), 8.9% uptime untalented and 13% uptime talented, while talented Warding Call has 5.5% uptime.You can also use it to break hostile channels\casts\close gaps. CloP with 50% uptime boosts raw mitigation to super-tank levels (45-46% Kin\En mitigation *and* up to 34% Kin\Ele). Not even mentioning stuff like Obfuscate and UR.
This, the mara class if the shining example of where PvE avilities like Camo/UR should be changed for the PvP environment. In fact why they didn't get an aggro dump in line with everyone else's I'll never know.

It really boggles the mind to see a thread like this, if you played the class, you'd know.

Helig
07.28.2012 , 02:49 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Chemic_al View Post
This, the mara class if the shining example of where PvE avilities like Camo/UR should be changed for the PvP environment. In fact why they didn't get an aggro dump in line with everyone else's I'll never know.

It really boggles the mind to see a thread like this, if you played the class, you'd know.
UR is a PvP ability alright - and I don't think it's OP, personally. It's the number of defenses that can be chained that needs a look. Why Camo, originally a stealth\gapcloser\escape\channel break skill, became a shield wall which is better baseline than tanks have talented is beyond me, however. Did just fine pre-1.2 without it.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Pathlight-
07.28.2012 , 03:54 AM | #25
Because maras are designed to kill. They don't have any other asset (utility, stealth...). People don't qq about other classes even though they may as reliably help to win a game but they get mad when a Mara ROFLstomps them. People think that pvp = deathmatch.

Helig
07.28.2012 , 04:08 AM | #26
^
Predation is not utility? Hint - teams take them specifically for rated matches for Predation. Bloodthirst? Granted, I use Berserk more often, but Predation always must be available on the team's demand.

Pathlight-
07.28.2012 , 04:14 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
^
Predation is not utility? Hint - teams take them specifically for rated matches for Predation. Bloodthirst? Granted, I use Berserk more often, but Predation always must be available on the team's demand.

Compare that to a shadow tank that can successfully delay several attackers until the team comes, that can ninja cap in VS and CW and turn the game around. Predation is only marginally useful as a speed boost in CW and HB. Bloodthirst has a 5 min cd. Other ACs can turn the tide of a match by delaying and harassing the other team. Sadly everyone wants to be the baddest mofo around instead of using their brains to win.

SeppukuA
07.28.2012 , 04:43 AM | #28
A good team of Marauders/Sentinels can be a pain, but I think we have the tools to take them down. They output a high DPS and can defend themselves, I can see why the defenses are there, they're a Melee DPS and therefore take on damage from AoEs. I don't think it makes them OP in PvP, but should a person be effective, they are difficult to take down, but arguably, it's the same for every one. I've come up again Marauders and Sentinels who aren't that difficult to take down. E.G. I was doing lowbie PvP last night on my Dirty Fighting Gunslinger and had no trouble taking down some Marauders, I lacked defensive capabilities but made up for it in CCs and movement impairments. I can slow him down, make my distance, get damage when he can't, then kick them in the nuts, blaster whip him then move out of the way. As a Sharpshooter (as I was previously) I found them more annoying, but then I was less mobile. Bear in mind also, I am a Dirty Fighting noob, I only respecced it for PvP last night.

On my Sage, I have CCs, defenses and heals to keep me alive, plus force speed and can take advantage of obstacles and like a Gunslinger, I can slow my foe down. If a Marauder comes after me, I can survive it. Not always, but some are more skilled and persistent than others.

When it comes to groups, I think Marauders are annoying because they can output a high DPS and can really work well if you've got a well focused group. Sometimes this is what happens and if they spot my Sage, he might not live that long. But I wonder if it's possible for another group of DPS to use a similar tactic and get similar results? Maybe a team of Dirty Fighting gunslingers, throws flash grenade to prevent nearby people attacking, kick their specific target in the nuts and shoot the crap out of them? If I can get 3 of my guild's gunslingers together I might try it.
The Liljasson Legacy
Wayward Star & We're Not Republic Spies (Correlia Run)
Saefinn - 50 Jedi Sage Healer. Asathor - 24 Gunslinger
Muspel - 44 Sith Juggernaut Tank. Apsu - 18 Mercenary Healer

Zatachi
07.28.2012 , 06:58 AM | #29
Marauders and Sent's are pretty ridiculous these days, as are most force users. I'm glad they got buffed but in the perspective of a Bounty Hunter such as myself, we got trashed during that time. Now we're in need of a boost to get onto an even playing field. Especially Mercs.

Norpsel
07.28.2012 , 07:03 AM | #30
Kite, have you tried to kite Ravage. The ability hits targets at 10+ meters away. Once it is successfully cast you take all the channeled dmg, no matter what the distance is. Oh and the whole uninterruptable part of the spell, I wish force lightning was uninterruptable.