Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do people hate us so much?

SithVeritas
07.27.2012 , 08:33 AM | #1
I don't think we're OP. We're extremely dangerous once we get (AND KEEP) our hands on you but that's all we got going for us. Any kind of CC and we're done, really. Not to mention simply getting kited. And we're super squishy.

I've never had any trouble countering a Sentinel/Marauder, I'm not gonna BS you and stay I steamroll them all the time, because that's never the case with any class.

I hope BioWare doesn't listen to these whiners by nerfing/ruining the class.

epicfear
07.27.2012 , 08:39 AM | #2
You know, when you get a 99% damage reduction at will, how is that not broken?
Copy this signature if you believe Timothy Zahn should take over the Star Wars EU

Stealios
07.27.2012 , 08:43 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by epicfear View Post
Because it cost us 50% of our life to do get that reduction for 5 seconds.
If it was free, it would be broken, but it isn't so stop the qq.

(Also we can be CC'ed & rooted during it, so just walk away)

Reek
07.27.2012 , 08:44 AM | #4
Because Marauder is a viable class with 3 actually viable trees while a couple of the classes don't even have 1?
Reyk / Reekx / Daemen / Iyapo
Vulkar Highway: 3rd Battlemaster, 1st Full War Hero Gear

NuSeC
07.27.2012 , 08:47 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by epicfear View Post

Its not so much people hate you as people are tired of all the defensive CDs the class has.
4 Server transfers later...

GM of Order Sixty Six.

nezitx
07.27.2012 , 10:33 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by NuSeC View Post
Its not so much people hate you as people are tired of all the defensive CDs the class has.
But we lack any knockback, and have the worst stun in the game. We gain some things, and we give up others.
Nezy - 50 Marauder (main)
Nez - 50 Operative (alt)
Nezix - First 50 Sorcerer on Vrook Lamar. (retired)

Drator
07.27.2012 , 11:03 AM | #7
People hate us because they're bad. I killed a sorc a few times in outlaws den last night, and afterward, he proceeded to tell me how OP marauders were (while he literally stood in one spot the entire time and spammed lightning strike until he was dead).

Now, not everyone is THAT bad, but the majority of people who play have no clue about the offensive or defensive cooldowns/capabilities of any class other than their own (much less any concept of another class's play style). And rather than learning said capabilities and how to counter them, they come to the forums in order to ***** and moan...all the while hoping for a nerf.
Huttplug - 50 Annihilation Marauder - The Bastion

Disclaimer: Unless otherwise specified, any advice I may give is pvp-related.

KhealThar
07.27.2012 , 11:18 AM | #8
Even when Marauders become the weakest class in the game, they will still have the persona of being "overpowered" and whenever someone dies to one they'll just say to you "shut up newb, ur just an op class111!"

It's kind of like the Death Knight in World of Wacraft. Once you're established as a pvp powerhouse, they will cry for nerfs until you're the weakest class in the game which no one plays any more and then you'll be considered "balanced"

It's why Developers shouldn't cave into the complaining of the masses because the masses suck at gaming and will whine about anything that kills them or takes more than 1 attempt to finish.
Those who beg for mercy are too weak to deserve it.

Jayshames
07.27.2012 , 11:22 AM | #9
I've played a Marauder to 32 and can safely say they are by far the best DPS class, I steamrolled straight to 32 within a few days, with Annihilation spec you get constant small self heals as well as speed boosts and some really strong attacks, compared to every other class i've played, I think it took half the time on a marauder. They may or may not need a fix, but they definitely need to get back on level with operatives.

There's absoloutely no reason for anyone to take an Operative DPS over a Marauder. How can the difference be so great between 2 classes that share armour types and both meant to deal damage?

Reek
07.27.2012 , 11:47 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Jayshames View Post
I've played a Marauder to 32 and can safely say
^
...it's also because you get people thinking they can make informed judgments about a class at level 32.
Reyk / Reekx / Daemen / Iyapo
Vulkar Highway: 3rd Battlemaster, 1st Full War Hero Gear