Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Synthweaving] Crafting augments

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Synthweaving] Crafting augments

Syure
07.26.2012 , 10:05 PM | #1
I was wondering where does one get the schematics for the construction of augments. I know that you can discover them by RE'ing but i was wondering if they can be purchased from any specific trainers. i have been able to create the augment slots for a while now and am currently at about an 80 on my crafting skill and have yet to be able to craft an augment to fill the lovely little slots that i can make. Did a search but turned up nothing.

TrooperCam
07.26.2012 , 11:18 PM | #2
Slicing will get you them from time to time. Otherwise they should be for sale on the GTN.

The augments that I can make as a armormech require purple mats from Slicing which can be a pain to gather or expensive to buy.
Somewhere in Dalborra.

Overtone
07.27.2012 , 01:49 AM | #3
I got mine from slicing missions. A lot of the higher end schematics #22 are cheap on my server. I purchased Overkill 22 and Might 22 augment schematics for 800 credits each.
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
If I can use blue 46s armorings/mods/enhancements in all of my armor and mh/oh and have competitive stats in a PvP environment, why cant I use that same gear to be competitive in PvE?
Seems like a double standard to me.

finelinebob
07.27.2012 , 02:10 AM | #4
Augment schematics come from Rich Yield Sliced Tech Parts missions. When you crit on one of these, you get 2 random schematics for either armstech, armormech or synthweaving. You also get purple crafting mats from these crits. The exception would be for Augment 22 schematics, which come from crits on Abundant Yield Grade 6 missions (since those are the highest yield Grade 6 missions). They are tradeable, so you can find them on the GTN. You'll find lots of Augment 22 schematics on the GTN because there are lots of people running missions to get the mats to craft the purple Augment 22's ... so there's a bit of a glut on the market and you can pick these up cheap. As for Augment 2-21 schematics, they come from Grade 1 through Grade 5 missions and relatively few people run these, so you won't find as many on the market.

They do NOT come from other crew skills missions. Prior to publish 1.2 (or was it 1.1? time flies...), slicing missions used to return augments. With publish 1.2, they became craftable items but the slicing crew skill retained what control there was over getting the schematics and special crafting materials needed to craft the blue and purple versions of them.
Jedi Guardian JonBonJovi'wan
"Wanted: Dead or Alive"
Defenders of Monkeys - Prophecy of the Five
DatacronHunter's Video Guides to Datacrons | Datacron Spreadsheet

Syure
07.27.2012 , 03:45 AM | #5
Thanks for the input all. Makes a bit more sense now.

GnatB
07.27.2012 , 11:04 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by finelinebob View Post
Augment schematics come from Rich Yield Sliced Tech Parts missions.
Actually, any Sliced Tech Parts mission can grant 0-2 augment schematics when it crits, with 2 being the result the vast majority of the time. I haven't particularly noticed any correlation between the mission yield and the number of schematics you get back when it crits though. For a while I was trying to get every single augment schematic, (I gave up around the time 1.3 came out), and I'm pretty sure I've had rich crits give me 0, and moderate crits give me 2. It's possible it's weighted so that rich yields are more likely to give more, but wasn't weighted enough that I found it obvious. Admittedly, since I was 100% after schematics and not mats, I tended to run the cheapest/fastest mission available, once casual testing showed no real difference.

Andov
07.27.2012 , 11:15 AM | #7
Are than any lvl 1 Augments, or just 2-22?

finelinebob
07.27.2012 , 02:26 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Andov View Post
Are than any lvl 1 Augments, or just 2-22?
I don't know if the community or BW has given that number any particular name, but I call it the "tier" (as opposed to combat "level" or crafting mission "grade"). It's the same system as any other item mod, like enhancements, armoring or mods. You can figure out the combat level of an item by multiplying by two then adding five or

combat level = (2 x tier) +5

The lowest augments, augment 2's, come in at level 9. The highest, augment 22's, come in at 49.
Jedi Guardian JonBonJovi'wan
"Wanted: Dead or Alive"
Defenders of Monkeys - Prophecy of the Five
DatacronHunter's Video Guides to Datacrons | Datacron Spreadsheet