Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How Do You Cancel a Votekick?

Flaminica
07.26.2012 , 03:00 PM | #1
A silly question perhaps, but if a team leader initiates a votekick, how do you vote 'no'?

Here's the situation: Daily run through Boarding Party. Jugger tank (the leader), a DPS Merc, a Sniper and a healing Operative (me) - all in the middle 30s. It was a smooth run all considered. The tank was a cowboy who liked to run ahead and the Merc liked to wander off and solo trash mobs, but I've seen worse PuGs. The Sniper was steady and reliable. We had no wipes, no deaths, no crises.

During the last boss fight, the tank initiated a votekick against the Sniper for absolutely no good reason. I didn't even see it at first because the status text scrolled underneath my chat window and because - hello! - I'm busy healing a boss fight! I healed, dodged and cleansed while swearing and dragging my UI boxes around and right and left clicking on the Sniper's portrait, the countdown timer and the status warning. Nothing. The guide here claims there is supposed to be a pop-up box but there wasn't one. The poor guy got kicked and i couldn't stop it.

During the final cutscene I asked the tank "Why did you do that?" and he responded by initiating a votekick against me. I spacebarred and exited before the timer ran out. Afterword I whispered the Sniper, apologised for not halting the vote and told him I'd happily run again with him any time. The Juggernaut and the Merc got ignored as griefers. So, how do I stop that happening again?
Spearshakers
||

DiLune
07.26.2012 , 03:29 PM | #2
I moved my social notifications (under the UI setup) to the other side because they were hiding underneath my chat box.

Asbash
07.26.2012 , 03:33 PM | #3
you click the quistoin mark @ the pop up screen you normally get and press no then

Fossman
07.26.2012 , 04:33 PM | #4
wow thats a bad apple...definitely make sure hes on your ignore so you never get grouped with him again

Eternalnight
07.26.2012 , 08:14 PM | #5
For the record, it really would not have made any difference if you had known back then how to vote.

2 people voted yes and 1 person did not vote
vs
2 people vote yes and 1 person votes no

The end result would have been exactly the same.

Sambril
07.27.2012 , 07:38 AM | #6
I would have to say that I find the social notification when a vote is underway very fiddly and hard to see. I now know what to look for but like the OP I was confused the first time it happened. I tried to find a way to input my vote which would have been No. My only option then was to drop group. I also added two names to my ignore list.
The Starlight Legacy

"Troopers do it in heavy armor"

EdratLightindark
07.27.2012 , 07:57 AM | #7
A lot of others probably wont agree with me but to kick someone it should be 3 votes and not 2. Just because of the scenario described by the OP.
Edrat - Jedi Sent (SWG-Shadowfire)(SWTOR-Canderous Ordo)

Flaminica
07.27.2012 , 11:58 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by EdratLightindark View Post
A lot of others probably wont agree with me but to kick someone it should be 3 votes and not 2. Just because of the scenario described by the OP.
Thanks for all the feedback. I'd agree with the above because it's clear that as it exists now, the system registers abstentions as an automatic 'yes' vote. This means that in a four-person flashpoint, all a team leader has to do to kick someone unilaterally is to initiate a vote when someone is AFK. Either abstentions should be defaulted to 'no' or a votekick should require four active voters.
Spearshakers
||

uniz
07.27.2012 , 12:21 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by EdratLightindark View Post
i have to agree with this. it should be three.