Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'm announcing my retirement.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
I'm announcing my retirement.

Pistols
07.26.2012 , 11:57 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by chadicus View Post
Actually, this is why PTs are fundamentally broken. Zero skill required to do massive damage. "Pro" PTs might actually have taunt and grapple hot keyed but lets be honest: Most of you don't even use those skills. You run in spamming auto shot til in 10m range and if railshot procs you hit it. Give me a break. There is no easier class to play.
Just because a class is easy, doesn't make it broken either. Now just relax, I'm sure the ice-cream truck will swing back around again.

chadicus
07.26.2012 , 11:57 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Rippeh View Post
thermal sensor override
explosive fuel
carbonize
taser
quell
death from above
regular taunt
aoe taunt
grapple
shieldy shield
warzone adrenal
warzone medpac
All of those you can click with your mouse and still do 500-600k damage

MidichIorian
07.26.2012 , 11:59 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Meanerr View Post
Wait, your team won 6-0 in a Voidstar vs a PT/Operative heavy team and you're complaining?

Not like the 8 times you died was an exuberant number either (low was 4, high was 17!).

In the second match, it looks like you played the same 4-man premade again but lost a close 4-6 Voidstar.

So what's the complaint again? That there's only 4 classes on each side in the game and that there's a good random possibility that you will face many of the same class in 8-man unranked warzones?
I actually skipped one game inbetween where I was the only guy +400K and out dps'ed the second guy with a good 50K. The point is that to be able to play this class I have to play it to 200 % in every game, if I don't I will end up like that sorc with 60K. That's not fun, that's work.

Another thing that annoys me is that I've recently switched faction so I now get to play people who, back when they played sorcs too, I'd consistently out-dps. They're now on other classes and on my level and beyond. I find it hard to believe that all of them suddenly became 200K dps better in every game.

And yes, dps dommandos have it worse.

Also, I play madness and it usually results in low objective points on VS, since I'm constantly being chased all over the map. Only an idiot would spec lightning since you will only be able to stand still 2 % of the time. Well unless of course you find a group that is significally better than everyone you face. We can't all do that so it's not a valid counter argument.

I should probably point out that I'm on a gamecard so I still have days left. Incase someone was wondering how I'm still posting.

chadicus
07.26.2012 , 11:59 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
Just because a class is easy, doesn't make it broken either. Now just relax, I'm sure the ice-cream truck will swing back around again.
Thank you for finally agreeing that PTs are too easy to play. Now, it's time to agree that they do way too much damage. Which, of course, is also true.

mangarrage
07.26.2012 , 12:00 PM | #25
LOL so funny to see PT trying to defend themselves. Go look at the vid of the pyro who only used 3 abilities in a wz and did 586k or something lol

3 keys man, sure you can use 4, sure you can say you use 10, it doesnt matter at all

Wow and some one actually used adrenals as a key a PT uses? cmon man

Rippeh
07.26.2012 , 12:00 PM | #26
All of those you can click with your mouse and still do 500-600k damage
what if you want to hop around your target like a crackbunny?

TheronFett
07.26.2012 , 12:01 PM | #27
Go try a class that requires every ability you have just to be competitive in pvp. You know, something other than Pyrotech. That statement my indeed be old but being old doesn't make it less true.
I'm Legacy 50 and have x5 level 50 characters, and nearly a 6th. All are Battlemaster or above. There is not a single class in this game that has a more complicated rotation or set of base skills than another. Period.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Pistols
07.26.2012 , 12:01 PM | #28
Thank you for finally agreeing that PTs are too easy to play. Now, it's time to agree that they do way too much damage. Which, of course, is also true.
I never said they were hard to play, your rage seems to be giving you derpitis, please try again to justify badness.

Cheers.

MbaxterBeau
07.26.2012 , 12:02 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
As a sage/sorc who refuses to re-roll I'm hereby announcing my retirement. I simply can't take it anymore and it's not fun.

I'm still doing "fairly" good but it's more exhausting than I can imagine it being on a professional level. Lose focus for one second and you are gone. Add to this that class distribution currently is way off and I rarely come across a class that I have the burst to match, meaning that if I don't have the range and upper hand from start I'm pretty much a goner. The problem with range is that as a sorc/sage you can't be in the zerg and if you try to hide in the outskirts you will instantly get focused since the concensus seems to be that "sage= fre kill".
It has reached the point where other classes will turn around and attack me even when they only have 20 % health and I'm on full, knowing that unless I have most stuff off CD there's a good chance they'll burst through me. My class has seemingly become the objective and there's rarely a moment when I'm not chased by one or two people.

Here's my last two games, showing current class distribution. I did not pick out these games, this is simply how it is in basically every game now and I blame you, the community, for the current situation. BW screwed up but no one forced you to re-roll mara/PT/sniper. I'm aware that it's a bit hypocritical for me to up and quit but I've endured for some time now and it eventually got the best of me. If I were to re-roll I'd be just as bad as you and BW would still get their money and keep on not caring. It doesnt help that BW isnt saying **** and potential tweaks seemingly are far into the future, assuming that they will change things since it's obviously a "L2P" issue. A L2P issue would mean that every dps sorc/sage out there currently is a sub-par player.

Example 1
Example 2

[/QQ]
Don't blame you OP. Once Aug 25th gets here let's see how much fun this community has being healed in pve content with an op healer lol. Most of the sorc/sage healers especially that play pvp will be leaving.

I often get top heals in the war zones I heal but it's just not fun to have 0 survivabilty and be marked every game and ave 6 or 7 people piling on you as soon as you enter the zone.

It's not a L2P issue at all and all the people crying about how you are qq'ing them are probably the same people who qq'd and got our class nerfed.
The best MMO I have played in a long time. Not perfect but pretty close to it.

chadicus
07.26.2012 , 12:02 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by mangarrage View Post
LOL so funny to see PT trying to defend themselves. Go look at the vid of the pyro who only used 3 abilities in a wz and did 586k or something lol

3 keys man, sure you can use 4, sure you can say you use 10, it doesnt matter at all

Wow and some one actually used adrenals as a key a PT uses? cmon man
^^^^^^^^^