Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Arsenal Mercenary Guide: 1.3 Updated!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Arsenal Mercenary Guide: 1.3 Updated!

Aerro's Avatar


Aerro
07.26.2012 , 11:14 AM | #1
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Doing-It-Right


Some of you may have already visited this thread, but I would like to formally post saying that I have officially updated it to 1.3! I know it took me a little time, but real life got in the way of things for a short period of time. I love constructive criticism and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Arsenal DPS Guide
One of the leading Mercenaries in a World Progression Guild.

Faulkal's Avatar


Faulkal
07.26.2012 , 12:20 PM | #2
awesome work!

Aerro's Avatar


Aerro
07.26.2012 , 02:49 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Faulkal View Post
awesome work!
Thank you! I've been doing my best to help the community, and will continue this effort.
Arsenal DPS Guide
One of the leading Mercenaries in a World Progression Guild.

Ssaffin's Avatar


Ssaffin
07.26.2012 , 05:31 PM | #4
I highly recommend this guide. I started following Aerro's work around 1.2 and never really thought about swapping out mods and enhancements to optimize my gear, until reading his guide. I always went with whatever the gear had to start with. I see a lot of mercs running around on my server with the high endurance black hole pieces, or no agile 26 mods and I know they aren't coming close to their dps potential.

SokoBro's Avatar


SokoBro
07.27.2012 , 12:43 AM | #5
Good start but needs some tweaks to end game stats a little bit, after you run a few simulationscrafts you would notice a change in the make-up of the priority of gear and which abilities to use.

Fossman's Avatar


Fossman
07.27.2012 , 01:51 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SokoBro View Post
Good start but needs some tweaks to end game stats a little bit, after you run a few simulationscrafts you would notice a change in the make-up of the priority of gear and which abilities to use.
What tweaks to endgame stats are you talking about? 2k+ aim 100% acc 30% crit 75% surge are ideal. and what do you mean priority of gear? This doesnt even really matter at endgame as long as your hitting the above mentioned stats which im pretty sure he explained how to do.

Instapeace's Avatar


Instapeace
07.27.2012 , 02:08 AM | #7
Why Railshot before HSM? Using RS expires the 5stack tracer lock, and negates the 25% damage buff it gives HSM.. (Although it seems bugged and doesn't buff it at all, it says it does however) HSM doesn't expire the 5stack tracer lock so wouldn't it make sense to use that first, and then RS??

Fossman's Avatar


Fossman
07.27.2012 , 02:14 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Instapeace View Post
Why Railshot before HSM? Using RS expires the 5stack tracer lock, and negates the 25% damage buff it gives HSM.. (Although it seems bugged and doesn't buff it at all, it says it does however) HSM doesn't expire the 5stack tracer lock so wouldn't it make sense to use that first, and then RS??
You need to go back and read your traits again. Tracer lock has absolutely no effect on HSM. HSM Damage is increased by heat signatures on the target which are applied by your tracer missles. Tracer locks increase the damage of your railshots. You want to use railshot before HSM because its a free hit that will help to mitigate some of your heat before throwing down HSM.

Instapeace's Avatar


Instapeace
07.27.2012 , 03:26 AM | #9
Roger that, thanks.

SokoBro's Avatar


SokoBro
07.27.2012 , 11:06 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Fossman View Post
What tweaks to endgame stats are you talking about? 2k+ aim 100% acc 30% crit 75% surge are ideal. and what do you mean priority of gear? This doesnt even really matter at endgame as long as your hitting the above mentioned stats which im pretty sure he explained how to do.
Well run few simulations maybe you'll understand. http://code.google.com/p/simulationcraft-swtor/