Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Terror From Beyond Speculation

RanisTheSlayer
07.26.2012 , 09:53 AM | #1
So, what kinds of encounters are you hoping for in terror from beyond? I think an ops version of something like the fight with malgus where everyone fights the boss on their own for a brief period could be really well done; I'd also like to see the use of turrets in the manner of colocid war games on an ops level.

Anyone else have similar desires for the next operation?

AshlaBoga
07.26.2012 , 12:55 PM | #2
I was actually hoping for some platforming - I know I know some people suck at this, but practice makes perfect.
I really liked the platforming in Soa, and it wasn't exactly that tough.

I enjoyed the clones in D7, but thought that even on HM they were too weak - borderline soloable.
I like the idea of a clone mechanic that either creates a stronger version of the character, or creates a full group at once - similar to the Infernal Council but a different fight depending on who you bring.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Darth-Malice
07.26.2012 , 12:57 PM | #3
The Dread Masters of course.
||||||||███████████████████████████████)

Khevar
07.26.2012 , 01:51 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Malice View Post
The Dread Masters of course.
+1 for the Dread Masters

DeltaEkotte
07.26.2012 , 02:01 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JeffKretz View Post
+1 for the Dread Masters
+2 for Dread Masters
Imperial General Ekotte, Captin of the Mandalorian Fist; E-Chimaera

Xiij
07.26.2012 , 02:22 PM | #6
I'd like to see a mechanic where random members are "banished" to another area, and after the whole group is banished the boss "banishes" himself.

Or something where you have to split your team (like pylons in EV) but then have to rejoin mid fight.

Or something where he has long casts that can be interrupted / have to be interrupted and if you interrupt him he casts an instant with a huge knock back or long stun, or every interrupt decreases the cast time of his next ability (stacks until next ability is instant cast) when a cast is complete the stacks go away, so you have to choose which spells you get hit by, and each spell alters the fight in some form or fashion.

I just hate to see "tank and spank" fights. Platforming is fun too.

Fossman
07.26.2012 , 02:27 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Xiij View Post
I'd like to see a mechanic where random members are "banished" to another area, and after the whole group is banished the boss "banishes" himself.

Or something where you have to split your team (like pylons in EV) but then have to rejoin mid fight.

Or something where he has long casts that can be interrupted / have to be interrupted and if you interrupt him he casts an instant with a huge knock back or long stun, or every interrupt decreases the cast time of his next ability (stacks until next ability is instant cast) when a cast is complete the stacks go away, so you have to choose which spells you get hit by, and each spell alters the fight in some form or fashion.

I just hate to see "tank and spank" fights. Platforming is fun too.
I think that could be an interesting fight. They definitely need to start thinking a bit more outside the box on these fights and for the love of god there better be more than 4 bosses in there.

nezitx
07.26.2012 , 02:32 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Fossman View Post
I think that could be an interesting fight. They definitely need to start thinking a bit more outside the box on these fights and for the love of god there better be more than 4 bosses in there.
Sure. But only as long as it makes sense. They've been trying to stick with mechanics that can be visually represented or hinted at. So if every time you interrupt him he yells something, arcs his back, glows intensely and gains a stacking cast speed buff, it will help push the mechanics in the visual direction. However if he just gains a stacking buff with no other indications it will just be another boring mechanic. Sure you'll learn it just the same after a few attempts, but it won't add to the fight as much as, for example, the dialog between Jarg and Sorno.
Nezy - 50 Marauder (main)
Nez - 50 Operative (alt)
Nezix - First 50 Sorcerer on Vrook Lamar. (retired)

Giondi
07.26.2012 , 02:35 PM | #9
It's called Terror From Beyond, the last boss should be Cthulhu. Have him never take a player below 1 HP, but balance it out by making him impossible to kill, locking you into a fight not against some computer generated NPC, but against your own mind as you slip into madness. I don't know if they're there yet with the technology of this game, but I'd also like it if even if you disconnect from the internet or unplug your monitor, Great Cthulhu still stares out at you, beckoning you to come back.

Or, you know, more enrage timers...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bedwarmer View Post
Dear Dps; I assure you that you were, in fact, nowhere remotely close to "One heal from soloing it."
Every MMO forum in under 30 seconds.

Xiij
07.26.2012 , 02:38 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by nezitx View Post
Sure. But only as long as it makes sense. They've been trying to stick with mechanics that can be visually represented or hinted at. So if every time you interrupt him he yells something, arcs his back, glows intensely and gains a stacking cast speed buff, it will help push the mechanics in the visual direction. However if he just gains a stacking buff with no other indications it will just be another boring mechanic. Sure you'll learn it just the same after a few attempts, but it won't add to the fight as much as, for example, the dialog between Jarg and Sorno.
You're absolutely right. However, I was simply talking about bare bones mechanics. With the way the game is done the visual aspect is very important.

But for your point, every time he gets interrupted he could say something like: "It's not nice to interrupt people", "You're making me mad!", "STOP IT!"
And when he casts and clears the buffs he could say something like: "Take that.", "How does that taste!", "PEW PEW!"
A visual indicator would definitely be useful too, like he could get bigger or turn more red or something to that effect (although that is already how to show the enrage so that might be a problem).

But to your point Jarg and Sorno is easily my favorite fight in the Ops thus far.