Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Open World PvP: better on PvE or PvP server?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Open World PvP: better on PvE or PvP server?

12.14.2011 , 03:30 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Kromzor View Post
You mean like all the "Concentrated RvR" that goes on in WoW's RvR (ghost town) zones?

Again, it'll be there at the start, because its new, and PvE players like grinding faction, but it wont last.
Coming from WAR PvE server there was certainly no shortage of ZvZ action in T4.

Though WAR RvR rocks the crap out of what SWTOR has.
<=======35m of dead pixels====.===>
"You don't need to be a better shot - you just need to shoot more bullets!"

12.14.2011 , 03:33 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Latorn View Post
No XD you're not going to lose your stuff if you die.
but a generated loot would be fine...some credits ,medals, crafting stuff..

12.14.2011 , 03:38 AM | #23
I myself am leaning more towards a pve server, even though i enjoy pvp. Why ?
Well, in my experience, pvp servers have alot of ganking , and the only places where pvp will be somewhat fair will be places like illum etc.
Another thing i noticed is that in time, pvp servers get a greater server imbalance in due time, because eventually 1 side will overpower the other most of the time, and the losing side will lose players.

Ofcourse, this happening in one game doesn't mean it will happen here, but it could happen :P

12.14.2011 , 03:40 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
Coming from WAR PvE server there was certainly no shortage of ZvZ action in T4.

Though WAR RvR rocks the crap out of what SWTOR has.
But WAR wasn't a PvE game was it? It was an RvR game, like DAOC.

TOR is going to have a completely different crowd because like WOW or Rift it is at its heart a PvE game.

This doesn't mean you can't find PvE in an RvR game or PvP in a PvE game... but it does give you a good window into the mindset of the majority of people who will be playing those games.

And the question is; In a PvE game will I find better PvP on a PvE server or a PvP server server? The obvious answer is inside the question itself.

12.14.2011 , 03:56 AM | #25
Well, if PvE servers have better PvP than PvP servers, why do they call them PvP servers? Huh?

Riddle me that, jack.
"Your chances come in two shapes. Slim, and fat." - Mace Windu

This is a story driven story.

12.14.2011 , 04:01 AM | #26
One word: "REPEL"

that makes pvp better on pvp servers then on pve ones.

12.14.2011 , 04:11 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Owidd View Post
One word: "REPEL"

that makes pvp better on pvp servers then on pve ones.
Repel? Not sure what that is. Care to explain?

12.14.2011 , 05:03 AM | #28
I peronally as a dedicated pvper am going to to a pve realm and am planning on living in llium and tattoine. The realm was decided by friends also starting swtor but i think even the pve realms should have a nice bit of action in the pvp areas.
Those things will kill you

12.14.2011 , 05:30 AM | #29
Some people are bringing nice arguments but nothing like the risk of getting killed anywhere, anytime on PvP server

12.14.2011 , 11:20 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Kromzor View Post
Listen its clear you were sold on the idea that everyone is rolling on a PvE server for the hardcore PvP from the beginning. So theres not much I can do here other than poke more holes in your logical fallacies for anyone else coming by.

Its clear you know nothing of PvP and probably still back peddle and turn with A and D.

Your main complaint is being able to find people to fight in PvP... you said 85% of a PvP server is ganking lowbies... but nobody forces you to do that, and if 85% of the player base is out ganking lowbies (impossible ratio btw) then you know exactly where to find lots of people to Open World PvP with! Which makes a PvP server the clear choice!

If 85% of people on PvP servers are out ganking lowbies throughout 10 differrent planets, YOU ARE GOING TO BE SEARCHING FOR AN HOUR TO FIND FIGHTS...the point I've been making all along, that you still cant comprehend. Read and Re-Read this over and over till MY MAIN point registers in your head.

And like i said, a HUGE chunk will be just grinding WZ's since its the fastest way, another HUGE chunk will be ganking lowbies throughout 10 planets. The rest of you guys will be wondering around the entire galaxy PRAYING to find a fight or'll end up giving up and then just queuing for WZ's.

This game is nothing like DAOC. Where is my keep? Where are my relics to defend? Where is my realm renown? Where are my 3 factions and shifting alliances? Oh its over there on the repetitive instanced planet, Alterac Valley In Space, which has none of those.

No one said this game is LIKE DAoC brainiac...I said 98% ALL DAoC servers ARE PVE servers, excluding mordred/andred. There is NO PVP in open world leveling zones, ALL PVP is in RvR zone (+DF). <--- is this not exactly what a PvE server is?? (no pvp in leveling planens, PvP only in ILLUM/OD/WZ's, and you have the flag feature as extra. Learn to read buddy.

No, i'm explaining the differences between PvE and PvP since thats the topic we're discussing. DO U THINK U CAN'T QUE 4 WARZONE ON A PVP SERVER??? HUEHUEHUE010101!

seeing as how I said in my last post WZ's will take a HUGE CHUNK of people on PvP and PvE servers... never mind...
I made this thread looking for input from real PvP'ers...go practice your back peddling some're the typical PvP server scrub who will sit in a lvl 25-30 planet ganking anything that walks...but hey if thats you're idea of fun, more power to ya!