RWZ - The group selection Meta.

Cybridwarform

Im used to playing the space fillers when it comes to PVP. The majority of the time filling in the healer roles / support / control / damage / whatever needs to be plugged for my PVP group.

This is a question mostly directed to the higher ups in ranks, If you had to pick which would you consider picking up for your group? and why? what is your priority system?

Show me your RWZ dream team.

And on a side note: What are my chances of getting into a RWZ group as a damage OP vs a Sniper?

Dno if this is our dream team or not, but this is our main team. Our highst rated player are 2.9k and most ppl are floating between 2.4-2.9k in our team. As much as possible we try to bring the player and not the class, but to some extend it cant be avoid that we have to bring certian class's

Jugg Tank

Darkness sin

Concealment Ops

Carn Marauder

Ops healer

Merc Healer

Pyro PT

Sniper/rage Jugg

This varies from time to time, but this is 9/10 our main grp. And I think we all feel pretty comfortable with it, our dmg is not as amazing as other grps, but we're able to focus down the ppl we need, and we got good control with it, along with survivability + CC.

Although I am sure you will get a wide array of answers on this the fact remains that the dream team is very similar to pt, pt, tankasin, op healer, op healer, mara, mara, jugg

You can easily interchange another mara for pt or jugg for mara imo, but that is the most efficient team

A sniper brings one thing to a table over a dps op and that their aoe skill is a great stop capping ability and has a good length of time. I could never see if my only choice is sniper or dps op that I would ever choose the op.

If I had my choice between a sniper, dps op or anything else, I wouldnt take the sniper or the dps op

Just looking at the majority of rated scoreboards and you will see outside of 4 archtypes the other are few and far between

It is one of the major issues with pvp now and especially rateds

Two Marauders/Sentinels is pretty much required for the constant speed boosting. What's the logic in bringing the Concealment Op? I have played Scrapper Scoundrel lately on our Ranked team rather than heals and though our healers do quite well and I can put significant damage down in short bursts, I feel like for objective play I don't have the sustained survivability that's required.

Stealth is quite useful for VS interrupts, but the Tankasin can fill that role while freeing up a spot for a Sniper instead of the Operative, for example.

jugg tank

darkness sin

healer merc

healer op

pyro PT

carnage mara

those 6 are musts for perfect composition.... last 2 dps spots are really up to skill of players you know. I'd take a good full dps sorc & another PT or sniper. Second mara or jugg would come after them.

Merc DPS would be the last thing I'd take, followed by a dps operative. Merc DPS has no utility/survivability in comparison to every other dps class & DPS Operatives are too squishy when focused and too easily negated without a charge-like gap closer.

Merc DPS would be the last thing I'd take, followed by a dps operative. Merc DPS has no utility/survivability in comparison to every other dps class & DPS Operatives are too squishy when focused and too easily negated without a charge-like gap closer.

Do you mean "Merc DPS" like you said? Or do you mean "Arsenal Merc"?

I play a Pyro Merc and there are only 1 or 2 classes that give me trouble in 1 on 1. Pryo Mercs put almost as much hurt down as Powertech Pyros. But the Merc off heals are huge if used correctly. Not to mention Sweeping Blasters for interrupting node caps. And I may be wrong on this one but I dont think PTs have concussion missile (Mez) like Mercs do.

Also I can LOS and heal back to full. Powertech Pyros have to just DPS until they die, which is more restricting to their play style. And have you ever seen Stealth Scan used regularly by someone with good reflexes and good instincts? I nail a stealther with it I'd say 3 times a match on average.

Merc DPS definitely is viable in ranked. If you're a Pyro.

Edited by DarthBloodloss

Jugg tank

Merc Healer

Operative Healer

Pyro PT (who uses his taunts correctly)

*Hulk* SMASH! Jugg (who uses his taunts correctly)

Sniper (spec is debatable for me)

DPS Sorc

Carnage Mara

That would probably be my "ideal" lineup if skill is a non-factor (meaning equal in all regards across the board). Though the Smash Jugg could probably be scrapped for another Pyro PT or Marauder really. The "potential" AOE burst when combined with the sniper and sorc is very enticing though for clearing blobs.

Do you mean "Merc DPS" like you said? Or do you mean "Arsenal Merc"?

I play a Pyro Merc and there are only 1 or 2 classes that give me trouble in 1 on 1. Pryo Mercs put almost as much hurt down as Powertech Pyros. But the Merc off heals are huge if used correctly. Not to mention Sweeping Blasters for interrupting node caps. And I may be wrong on this one but I dont think PTs have concussion missile (Mez) like Mercs do.

Also I can LOS and heal back to full. Powertech Pyros have to just DPS until they die, which is more restricting to their play style. And have you ever seen Stealth Scan used regularly by someone with good reflexes and good instincts? I nail a stealther with it I'd say 3 times a match on average.

Merc DPS definitely is viable in ranked. If you're a Pyro.

Meh... I've been playing pyro for 2+ years now dating back into beta. I've been playing my pyro merc on a 2500+ rated team as well as my healing operative.... It just doesn't come close to a good pyro powertech. They just flat out do better burst, better overall damage and have significantly better utility plus an interrupt which for some reason mercs don't have.

You're right about the 8s mez, but they have an aoe stun and pull which are both far more useful than a single target castable CC that breaks on dmg (both on shorter CDs btw), plus taunts & AoEs of their own for breaking caps. PT burst is also much better since they can pop 100% crit ability and spam flameburst which has 100% chance to proc combustible gas (which also procs the snare) plus procs the second railshot if jet punch fails. Both their abilities to proc the 2nd railshot are instant cast & uninterruptable unlike unload & powershot.

Mercs DPS isn't bad, it's just the lack utility and thus survivability in comparison to every other DPS class. You have a knockback that doubles as a snare and your 8s castable mez. Every other class has far more than that plus an interrupt which is required to kill any good healer. There's just zero reason to bring a dps merc over any other dps class because they only bring damage to the table.

Guardian tank

Shadow tank

Scoundrel healer

Commando healer

Combat Sentinel

Assault Vanguard

The last two dps spots don't matter to me, but you NEED one sent for improved trans and a VG for the burst dps (it also helps that they are targeted more than the healers).

Sniper

Pyrotech Powertech

Carnage Marauder

Vengeance/Immortal hybrid Juggernaut

Darkness Assassin

Sorcerer/Mercenary healer

Operative healer

Concealment Operative

Provided these players are good, that would be my dream team.

Edited by vimm

I would go with 4 good vanguards who proper use taunts and good at abusing LOS.

As healers I would take 2 scoundrel healers.

For tanking we have more choice, one kinetic shadow and one hybrid guardian, or two kinetic shadows.

I see the best approach is to stack OP and FOTM classes and abuse their mechanic advantages.

Edited by Roiz

My lineup is

Op heal

Op heal

Sin tank

Sin tank

PyroPT

PyroPT

Annih mar

Madness sorc(me)

Comp#2

Op heal

Merc heal

Sin tank

Sin tank

PyroPT

Annih mara

Carn mara

Madness sorc

Comp#3

Op heal

Op heal

Sin tank

Sin tank

PyroPT

annih mara

Madness sorc

Madness sorc

I prefer comp #3 most because having two best in class sorcs is huge for how much control you can put out while making easy swap targets for your melee partners. All my teammates are 2500-2900 and best in class players that's why the odd sorc comps can work I almost never see people run sorcs and specially not two at once.