Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Does Group Finder actually work for Black Talon?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Does Group Finder actually work for Black Talon?

Lodril
07.25.2012 , 04:44 AM | #1
When Group Finder was initially released, I was busy pushing a character through their story, and didn't pay much attention to it. I just started a new character, and was ready to do the Black Talon mission. There were over 150 players listed on the station, and usually I've found if it's over 100 I can easily rotate through the Black Talon with a new character four or five times in a row without much downtime... I'd just call out on the general channel and people would be eager to go.

So I turned on the group finder thing, and... nothing. I saw people running in and out of the mission, so people were doing it, but at no point did I get any sort of invite or further query from the tool, or anything. It just changed to a 'glowy' icon and that was that. I went on to DK, the first time I'd had to do so by shuttle, and ran a few missions, and after an hour or two, still no call to do Black Talon. What gives?

Pinging people about it over the general channel seems rude, since there's a tool for finding groups now, but if the thing doesn't work, then I guess I don't need to be shy about it. This is the first Flashpoint for new players, so it seems like this one should be the easiest to get going with. It used to be. Am I just using the tool wrong?

Utania
07.25.2012 , 05:28 AM | #2
I've had it pop for my new jugg, though I imagine it depends on your role and how many other people are around that level for how long it would take for normal mode black talon

Morgani
07.25.2012 , 09:05 AM | #3
Black Talon and Esseles are Fps you can get 4 dps or 3 dps and something that has a heal button together and run it without issue. But the LFG tool only puts together a group if there is 1 tank, 1 healer, and 2 dps lined up to go in the interface.

So if nothing tanky or healerish is queuing up for BT/Ess when you are, the tool won't help.

i still ask for BT/Ess in Gen chat or watch for people who are looking to run it ask over Gen chat. It's really the quickest way if you don't have an option to tank (even if you're dps vanguard or guardian you can still highlight the tank button.)

it's not rude as long as you aren't spamming.
Be to her Virtues
very Kind.
Be to her Faults
a little Blind.

Alterin
07.25.2012 , 01:08 PM | #4
In a way, it doesn't work... And it doesn't work for heroic 2's either. It will only find full groups consisiting of 2 dps, 1 tank, and 1 healer. BT and Esselles do not need a tank nor even a full group. Matter of fact, there aren't even tanking classes for the level range. Luckily classes can still queue as tank even though their incapable. (It's a bad habit though, and they're definitely giving newbies the wrong idea)

Lodril
07.25.2012 , 05:57 PM | #5
Wow, really? That's terrible... the whole concept of 'role balance' is just lazy anyway. So long as a group isn't all Tanks or Healers, just about any other composition can work if you effectively strategize. There ought to be a check box to tell it you don't care about composition or full groups.

My character is a DPS/Healer, so you'd think that would help, but I guess the tool just doesn't work for BT.

Thanks for all the input!