Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pro-skippers, politeness will get you further

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Pro-skippers, politeness will get you further

Hxxr
07.24.2012 , 11:25 PM | #11
What bothers me isn't people wanting to watch the conversation (unless it's Black Talon), but that they don't tell you that before and you're stuck in the 'waiting for players' screen.

Coincedentially it's often the same players that don't know the encounters and don't tell you so, which is rather unpleasant as well, adding up to a fowl mood and politeness going out the window.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rtwozero View Post
Just remember that combat logs only state mathamatical facts. They are not rude or arrogant.

Briq
07.24.2012 , 11:33 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Hxxr View Post
What bothers me isn't people wanting to watch the conversation (unless it's Black Talon), but that they don't tell you that before and you're stuck in the 'waiting for players' screen.

Coincedentially it's often the same players that don't know the encounters and don't tell you so, which is rather unpleasant as well, adding up to a fowl mood and politeness going out the window.
so it's too much of a leap for you to assume that because they want to watch the cutscenes that they probably are a new player and rather than build the (dying)community you'ld defend rudeness?

Mallorik
07.25.2012 , 12:09 AM | #13
I get impatient during cut scenes ive seen a hundred times too, but ive never yealed at anyone about it, i dont think ive even ever told anyone to hit space bar.

I think they need a special check box for the group finder for people that want to weatch the cut scenes, if you really want to watch them that bad then you can take the extra time it will take to get the group. Ofcourse bw cant even make the GF figure out what spec someone is, x server or give you your rewards reliably, so it will probably just remain a good idea forever.

LahLahSr
07.25.2012 , 12:20 AM | #14
The total amount of time for cut scenes in any and all FPs is small fraction of the overall time required to complete the FP. The self-induced, semi-hysterical state of impatience is the only thing that makes people perceive that it is longer,

Always assume and plan for 1 or more players wanting to enjoy the cut scenes and you can ONLY be pleasantly surprised and never disappointed.

There is zero excuse for being rude about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielErickson
Sith are evil.

Gwena
07.25.2012 , 12:31 AM | #15
I completely agree about a little politeness going a long way. I am pretty mellow about cutscenes, usually I can take 'em or leave 'em but I don't spacebar 'em unless someone asks as I figure there may be someone in the group that wants to see them. I am a reasonably patient person; it isn't a big deal to me.

But if someone was that rude about it, I would tell them they'd darn well better ask politely and that if they continued to be jerks about it I would drop the group (well, if the others didn't back me up at all). I can understand preferring to skip cutscenes in HM's when you've done them many times, but there is absolutely no reason not to be a reasonable and civil person about it.
Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

EternalChild
07.25.2012 , 12:45 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
In BT if you do things the slow way, it can easily take more than 90 minutes to complete the FP while it could be done in less than 15 minutes if you go for a fast run.
Nonsense. Fast run usually takes about half an hour. Watching all cutscenes adds 5 minutes. Killing all bosses adds another 10 minutes. The only reason i see for people to become mad at someone watching cutscenes is that they think that all cool kids skip them

Baphomet_x
07.25.2012 , 12:48 AM | #17
this is why i like preparing well beforehand...like assembling my group carefully for instance

because i watch all of the cutscenes,everytime....and if other people want to be in my story mode,or group for that matter...they WILL have to watch the cutscenes,otherwise they will be removed,as there is no need for a non cutscene watching person in my groups

see it works out better that way...forcing the people who spacebar through everything to be far away from the kind that like cutscenes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC1MsX0Qsao
post this link in your signature...use this link to help people understand where the future is going,why,and what to do about it
"Knights of the old republic-sub" since may 2012

KojiroChiba
07.25.2012 , 01:23 AM | #18
Rule of thumb is your doing story mode flashpoints, let the scenes play out. If you're doing Heroics well be prepared to be told to spacebar.

sepulhead
07.25.2012 , 02:15 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
Kind of looks like the OP is trolling

Can't take seriously anyone who claims watching all the cutscenes takes only 3 minutes in BT.

In BT if you do things the slow way, it can easily take more than 90 minutes to complete the FP while it could be done in less than 15 minutes if you go for a fast run.
We are taking about huge amount of time wasted there.

And first of all, if you want to watch all the cutscenes in BT, you can GO SOLO THE STORYMODE, anyone level 17+ (and many people even lower than that) can just solo it, and then you can take all the time you want without bothering anyone else.

Just because you "enjoy" watching the cutscene does not give you the right to make the fp run unenjoyable for 3 other people. Stop being a selfish jerk. Why should your enjoyment take priority over the enjoyment of the 3 other people?

And do remember that this is just a game. That means some people may have real life jobs and families and so on. Making a FP run last more than an hour (not 3 minutes but an hour) longer than it would have to take, is a big deal and can cause real serious inconvenience to some people.

In most of the other flashpoints watching the cutscenes may be alright (if you aren't being a jerk about it and slowing it down just for the sake of slowing it) but if someone is not skipping in Black Talon, I would see vote to kick and ignore as perfectly good options.
if you want to skip tell so b4 begining skiping is not the normal way and you can't force your way of playing to other player or tell them to solo it it is fun to see the roll of who gets to talk hust becouse you want to skip doesn't mean you have to take away to fun of those who want to watch

lightSaberAddiCt
07.25.2012 , 02:39 AM | #20
Usually I don't mind if people see the cut scenes. But if you are doing a hard mode, where you are 50...it is the normal operation to spacebar. If you haven't seen cut scenes for the majority of the instances besides maybe LE, LI or a couple of the high level flashpoints, that really is your fault, and the rest of the group should not be forced through it unless you are at least considerate enough to ask.