Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hybrid Sage PVP Build

MeSoKorny
07.24.2012 , 06:17 PM | #1
As the title states, I am looking to make a hybrid Sage PVP build. I am trying to maximize durability, crit chance, and instant cast damage. This is what I came up with but I am open to any changes.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600fMcRs0zZhGMRMdMd.2

I was unsure what all abilities functioned with Focus Insight so I have left it off but if it works with the right abilities it seems like it will be a solid choice.

For reference, I am going for a Disc Priest from WoW type feel with this build.

Tyrias
07.25.2012 , 05:03 AM | #2
Two things:

1 - If you're going for a crit build, the +1% healing on a DoT crit might be more useful than +2% incoming damage mitigation. It'll function off of Mind Crush and Weaken Mind (the latter of which can be running on multiple targets). I haven't tested it out though, so it'd be for someone else to advise on.

2 - Egress... personally, 20% runspeed for 3s feels like nothing, and certainly doesn't feel like a worthwhile way to spend 2 talent points. Personally, I'd put them into Psychic Suffusion to bolster the damage done by Force in Balance.
"If you've got a problem, stick a worm in it".

Jayshames
07.25.2012 , 07:30 AM | #3
Personally I'd go for the Telekinetics tree instead, as it focuses on saving force energy, both Seer and Balance tree are both heavy force users so you might find yourself low on force pretty fast.

Telekinetic Effusion for example lowers your next 2 skills by 50% force cost, that helps alot with the larger force cost heals, also gives mobility as force speed CD is lowered. Can spec into Bubble blinding opponents on break. +10% force regen (3 stacks 30%) from using disturbance etc

Paulman
07.25.2012 , 10:19 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MeSoKorny View Post
As the title states, I am looking to make a hybrid Sage PVP build. I am trying to maximize durability, crit chance, and instant cast damage. This is what I came up with but I am open to any changes.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600fMcRs0zZhGMRMdMd.2

I was unsure what all abilities functioned with Focus Insight so I have left it off but if it works with the right abilities it seems like it will be a solid choice.

For reference, I am going for a Disc Priest from WoW type feel with this build.
I see what you are going for but I think you want something more like this. You really need the 2 points in the telekintec tree or you'll run out of force. You want 2 points in containment because that's a big part of your defense if you get an additional player on you. This build focuses on semi-long cooldowns, like force in balance and rejuvenate and healing trance. Force armor and TK throw fill in the gap. Your TK throw will return force to you and proc PoM mind crush or disturbance. You want to use rejuvenate and then healing trance so you get the extra 25% crit. This will net you a large heal. The advantage of this build is versatility. The disadvantage is you lose some of the control and damage of straight balance and some of the healing of full heals.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#60...zZGhrRMd0zZb.2

marcusbjol
07.25.2012 , 11:14 PM | #5
My playstyle is a little more subtle. I like start combat doing some damage (not alot mind you). FiB, Project, TK-Throw are all not flashy skills (comaired to Sorc that is).

Healing trance... a big glowing line between the target I am healing... well that just gets me marked, so I dropped it. Spamming bubbles just makes the other team look for a sage, once again marked. So I wait till someone starts taking damage. Rejuv, bubble. DPS again. Unless the Fit hits the Shan... then start dropping a heal or two. Spamming any healing ability just gets you noticed.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#60...kZhGMoMZf00M.2

Going more into the TK tree makes me less mobile (preference really), tho TK effusion for the 20 sec CD on FSprint is nice, the 2 sec root on knockback is too, as is the 3 sec mez on shield droppign (effects resolv tho).

The instant cast Lift (can be done on the move) and FiB are too good to pass up.