Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BIS Relics

Bugattiboy
07.24.2012 , 03:11 PM | #1
I'm seeing a lot of discussion and controversy over which relics are BIS for dps classes. A lot of people are saying the War Hero Relic of Boundless Ages is BIS and a lot of people are saying the on-equip Campaign relics are BIS.

For a Watchman Sentinel like myself that does Hard/Nightmare Mode Ops, which is the better choice? When number crunched, parsed, simulated, and everything else, which relic BIS?
I didn't think anything could top the stupidity of no new group content in Fallen Empire...

...then Level Sync happened.

Fossman
07.24.2012 , 03:13 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Bugattiboy View Post
I'm seeing a lot of discussion and controversy over which relics are BIS for dps classes. A lot of people are saying the War Hero Relic of Boundless Ages is BIS and a lot of people are saying the on-equip Campaign relics are BIS.

For a Watchman Sentinel like myself that does Hard/Nightmare Mode Ops, which is the better choice? When number crunched, parsed, simulated, and everything else, which relic BIS?
I have not parsed it but it would just make sense to me that a constant +200 power is much better than an occasional extra tick of damage.

Cinemayor
07.24.2012 , 07:22 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Bugattiboy View Post
A lot of people are saying the War Hero Relic of Boundless Ages is BIS
These people are correct imo. +power, all the time, increasing all damage on all attacks is much better than a proc that MIGHT go off once every 4.5 seconds or +power for a set duration on activation.

Especially for biochems whose "MOAR POWER NOW" needs are met by adrenals.

Now there are going to be exceptions to this, especially 'bursty' fights like Kephess but in general I prefer the WH ones. Also, I get to save my loot rolls for the stuff I really want and leave the relics for people who have no intention of ever doing pvp at all ever.
Nighmare Lands
The Glendowr Legacy
Cor-vus - Jedi Sentinel (50)
Melvin - Mercenary (50)

Fossman
07.24.2012 , 07:40 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Cinemayor View Post
These people are correct imo. +power, all the time, increasing all damage on all attacks is much better than a proc that MIGHT go off once every 4.5 seconds or +power for a set duration on activation.

Especially for biochems whose "MOAR POWER NOW" needs are met by adrenals.

Now there are going to be exceptions to this, especially 'bursty' fights like Kephess but in general I prefer the WH ones. Also, I get to save my loot rolls for the stuff I really want and leave the relics for people who have no intention of ever doing pvp at all ever.
Kinda sad though the PvE DPS relics are worthless now. all the DPS in my guild just passes on them now if they drop. I just dont understand what would compel them to make a PvP item BiS for pve content :|

Samoth_Nomad
07.25.2012 , 07:26 AM | #5
According to this last Q&A, the devs seem woefully ignorant that the PvP relics are now BiS for PvE

Fossman
07.25.2012 , 10:40 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Samoth_Nomad View Post
According to this last Q&A, the devs seem woefully ignorant that the PvP relics are now BiS for PvE
I got the same feeling and that really has me very worried about what he next tier of gear is going to look like

AidanLightwalker
07.29.2012 , 03:50 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Fossman View Post
I got the same feeling and that really has me very worried about what he next tier of gear is going to look like
I agree. I mainly pve and now have to pvp grind if I want the best relics in game. I can't figure out why they did this.
Even the smallest of light sources can light up the darkness.
Nyren - Combat Sentinel Ewenn - Shield Vanguard
Kyrenn - Scoundrel SawbonesSyrenn - Telekinetics Sage

JediJudoChopx
08.09.2012 , 03:18 AM | #8
It's a time sink. More time spent to get the gear you want = more extra months of your sub paid. Cha ching!
Want macro's now? Get a Razer Naga mouse. It's pure heaven! 12 buttons on the side. 2 extra on the top left. Push in scroll button. Feels/looks fantastic! Even for my huge hand! Molten lava special edition on sale FTW!

Karasuko
08.09.2012 , 03:28 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by JediJudoChopx View Post
It's a time sink. More time spent to get the gear you want = more extra months of your sub paid. Cha ching!
How do you figure that out? you pay for 1 month regardless of whether you spend 8 hours a day or 18 hours a day.
It only costs you more if you werent going to sub for the following month and it took you a day extra to grind one up.

Karasuko
08.09.2012 , 03:30 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by AidanLightwalker View Post
I agree. I mainly pve and now have to pvp grind if I want the best relics in game. I can't figure out why they did this.
Weird, cause when i read the same post it came across to me that they know its unbalanced and they will be making changes to fix the issue.