Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companions Question?

xxMemphis
07.24.2012 , 02:16 PM | #1
I know you can gift to your companions but what does this do for you?

Also, the ship droid (RV something) is he worth gifting to? I have heard he offers no bonus and on the gift guides he is never listed.

I am a lvl 24 right now and only have Khem and the droid but do not want to put time into gifting if the payoff is not worth it. Please help

KuroshimaiHD
07.24.2012 , 02:19 PM | #2
Gifting increases the affection of your companions, which increase their chance to crit craft an item, which either crafts it with an augment slot or increases the amount of items received.

xxMemphis
07.24.2012 , 02:22 PM | #3
So if I get the droid to 2000+ affection he will bring back better stuff or craft better stuff?

TRDK
07.24.2012 , 02:24 PM | #4
The biggest thing it does for you besides getting there back stories and quests is raise their affection for you. That's good for crafting and the like. So if you have your droid craft you should give him some gifts to get his affection up because greater affection means less chance of failure and more chance of them coming back with stuff you'll really like.

xxMemphis
07.24.2012 , 02:29 PM | #5
I tend to use the droid for most of my crafting (cybertech, scavaging, underworld) and use Khem when I am not fighting. I was giving all my stuff to Khem but stopped when I realized that I can gift to the droid as well. Since the affection is a crafting bonus mostly it would be better to level the droid affection more...am I understanding this correctly?

**sorry for all the newbie questions this is my first MMO...former console gamer

TRDK
07.24.2012 , 02:32 PM | #6
It's for bonues and for success, if they don't like you they will fail more.

KuroshimaiHD
07.24.2012 , 02:33 PM | #7
You'll want to increase the affection the the companion that has the best crafting bonuses to your crafting skill. For example, Khem has +15 artifice efficiency, so if you have artifice then you should raise his affection.

xxMemphis
07.24.2012 , 02:40 PM | #8
Like I said I am cybertech so Khem really has no bonus (if I understand correctly) the droid has nothing for me bonus wise either but is my main gatherer/crafter so dump into him right

KuroshimaiHD
07.24.2012 , 02:56 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by xxMemphis View Post
Like I said I am cybertech so Khem really has no bonus (if I understand correctly) the droid has nothing for me bonus wise either but is my main gatherer/crafter so dump into him right
None of your companions have bonuses to cybertech, so you'll be fine to focus on your droid as your main crafter and give him a ton of gifts. Andronikus has a +2 to underworld trading, so you can give some gifts to him. Xalek has a +2 to scavenging, so you can dump into him when you get him, That's basically it.

xxMemphis
07.24.2012 , 03:27 PM | #10
Awesome thank you!