Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Read the Q/A this morning, Now I'm angry

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Read the Q/A this morning, Now I'm angry

Mechrophilia
07.24.2012 , 11:55 AM | #11
If you guys keep talking about this, they'll nerf my WHRoBA, and I'll be.... disappointed.

Quote: Originally Posted by scullzomben View Post
It's not just damage dude.

I have the campaign proc healing relic. In a NiM KP run, the relic healed in total for 9000 when we downed Karagga. In my eyes, this is pathetic.
Do not use any of the HOT proc relics under any circumstances. You are hamstringing your healing. They are absolute garbage, by far the worst relics in the game now. Go for a static power relic and an activation power relic, or just two static power ones, like me.

Spatology
07.24.2012 , 12:01 PM | #12
so you are bad, let me tell you why:

Toth and Zorn - have soft enrage mechanics post 10%, not to mention target swaps from fearful. If you arent timeing campaign relics with inspiration, you are doing it wrong.

Tanks - lower dps required for sheilds, again, timed relics with inspriation can help push you through one of your phazes so you dont have to deal with Double Destruction and possibly dropping lighting sheilds on the people you are dropping DD on because of pushing a defensive phaze early.

General Vorgrath - Rotateing cooldowns and keeping overall dps higher for the Probe droids is more important than haveing high dps after you beat the maze encounter.

Kephass - its clear how this fight and timed inspiration with relics are needed for burn phazes.

Regardless of these facts, you are compareing relics made for this teir of content to how useful they are on earlier teirs. None of these fights are as "tanks and spank" as you make them seem to be. The reason's they gave for not haveing proc relics in Warzones are clear. If you dont understand, its not the dev's fault.

GeckoOBac
07.24.2012 , 12:03 PM | #13
The difference isn't even that small tbh... Swapped the matrix cube and the campaign on hit relic (both augmented with lvl 22 purple aim augment) with 1 champion relic and 1 battlemaster relic I had leftover (+power ones), not even augmented.

Ta dah, straight up 100 dps gain. That's about an 8% improvement with PVP, STORE BOUGHT gear that costs nothing over TOP TIER pve modded gear.

Callianna
07.24.2012 , 12:07 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by blinkwise View Post
Not trolling, replying to the "active vs passive" argument for those that prefer not having to push a button.

As to the PVP one being BiS, they pretty much said straight up "not gonna happen this tier".

This is akin to the PVP people having to get datacrons to be the best, if people want to min max that severely, then yep they are going to have to put it more effort.

It sucks, and its bioware's intention to make pvp not BiS for pve, but its just not in the cards this time around and they answered the concern about pvp being BiS by saying "in the future we will try not to do this"
Hardly surprising, they seem to care much more about making sure the pvp players are happy than anything else at the moment. PvP people got to have custom crit crafted gloves and boots long before the players the did not PvP had access to them and now in order to get the BiS relics you must grind out valor 70 regardless of whether or not you want to pvp. Seems to be a very poor design to have players have to participate in an optional side part of the game in order to get BiS. Guess they are too busy firing everyone to understand that concept.

Gronkaarr
07.24.2012 , 12:07 PM | #15
what about the matrix cube relic? seems like having so much more on your primary stat is going to make matrix cube better for pve than the pvp relic which neglects your primary stat. not sure though, I fail at swtor maths

GeckoOBac
07.24.2012 , 12:09 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Gronkaarr View Post
what about the matrix cube relic? seems like having so much more on your primary stat is going to make matrix cube better for pve than the pvp relic which neglects your primary stat. not sure though, I fail at swtor maths
augmented matrix cube is 80 IIRC main stat. 93 or, even better, 113 power is going to be much better dpswise regardless of buffs/spec/current stats. That's what math says.

[Edit: Especially if you augment the pvp relic as well]

blinkwise
07.24.2012 , 12:10 PM | #17
Problem is these "number crunchers" are comparing overall dps peen to actual usefulness in downing a boss or burning down adds

theeANGELofDEATH
07.24.2012 , 12:12 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Spatology View Post
so you are bad, let me tell you why:

Toth and Zorn - have soft enrage mechanics post 10%, not to mention target swaps from fearful. If you arent timeing campaign relics with inspiration, you are doing it wrong.

Tanks - lower dps required for sheilds, again, timed relics with inspriation can help push you through one of your phazes so you dont have to deal with Double Destruction and possibly dropping lighting sheilds on the people you are dropping DD on because of pushing a defensive phaze early.

General Vorgrath - Rotateing cooldowns and keeping overall dps higher for the Probe droids is more important than haveing high dps after you beat the maze encounter.

Kephass - its clear how this fight and timed inspiration with relics are needed for burn phazes.

Regardless of these facts, you are compareing relics made for this teir of content to how useful they are on earlier teirs. None of these fights are as "tanks and spank" as you make them seem to be. The reason's they gave for not haveing proc relics in Warzones are clear. If you dont understand, its not the dev's fault.
You make valid points of each fight, but I think you are missing the point. The increased amount of damage you get from adding a full time power relic out weighs the gain in a burst. Trust me, I was in your camp until I was shown otherwise by people who spend way too much time crunching numbers. Even these crappy champion power relics outweigh the Campaign relics that proc or the give burst bonus. I wish it was not true, but it is.

GeckoOBac
07.24.2012 , 12:37 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Mechrophilia View Post
If you guys keep talking about this, they'll nerf my WHRoBA, and I'll be.... disappointed.
Tbh, they really should. Not nerf, per se, just change it this way:

100% chance on hit to do additional x damage to player targets or +x healing inside pvp zones.

Fixed. They already have ways to modify the effects of skills based on the kind of target (player, strong, weak, boss, etc). Shouldn't take much coding to do that. Either this or they'd have to split the damage/healing component of expertise from the dmg reduction component, which is surely much more difficult.

I can do both pvp and pve but if they're going to have them have a different gear progression, then fulfill the goal COMPLETELY. I'd be pissed if I had to get pve gear to be successful in pvp and vice versa.

ZudetGambeous
07.24.2012 , 01:46 PM | #20
It's pretty obvious that there is no one left working on this game who either A. Knows what is going on, or B. Cares at all.
I tell you this: though neither he nor they yet know it, he is the greatest of all the Jedi. Jacen Solo is the living Jedi dream. Even without the Force, he is more dangerous than you can possibly imagine."