Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy - Bound Item Transfer Suggestion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Legacy - Bound Item Transfer Suggestion

PuntaSur
07.23.2012 , 09:12 PM | #1
Suggestion:

Add a Legacy feature that allows the transfer of ONE bound item to another character in the Legacy. Put a 30 day cooldown on the feature if you like, which limits this to only 12 items per year.

There are some rare items that many players would like to move to other characters as they explore other alts, story arcs, etc. In some cases, they may retire a character after finding they like a different one as their "new main".

One item in particular that I have is a purple crystal from the temporary vendor that I acquired on my first character which is a sniper, and the color didn't enhance the combat visuals at all. I would much prefer to move this bound purple crystal to a lightsaber wielding character in my Legacy.

Chaori
07.23.2012 , 09:44 PM | #2
Legacy Unlocks are still in the early stage, I wouldn't be suprised if there are already plans to add BoL (Bind on Legacy) items to the game

Also, didn't you already make this post in the General Discussion forum?

PuntaSur
07.23.2012 , 11:01 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaori View Post

Also, didn't you already make this post in the General Discussion forum?
I posted in the general discussion forum about a dev chat quote that contradicts previous statements, and opened the topic for discussion.

This thread is placed in the suggestion box forum with details that outline a possible future mechanism to accomplish a limited use work around to the situation, while still meeting the vision the devs have to keep these "rare" in the game.

Irongut
07.24.2012 , 08:03 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaori View Post
Legacy Unlocks are still in the early stage, I wouldn't be suprised if there are already plans to add BoL (Bind on Legacy) items to the game
Bind on Legacy items were added in v1.2, where have you been?

It would be very useful to be able to transfer normal bound items from one character to another within the same Legacy. My main has lots of orange armour sets from flashpoints that he can't use because they are the wrong type which I would like to transfer to my alts. Atm they're just taking up space in my cargo hold.
◄[|||||||█[☼]█[███████████████████████████████████)

Pairaka
07.24.2012 , 08:22 AM | #5
While this would be nice, I can see why they might not implement it. Although the arguments about "well that would mean you could run fps on your Rakata-geared <insert class here> and then send all the drops to your <insert other class here> alt and get them geared without all the work" are really obsolete thinking. Especially with the Legacy system and how they are encouraging everyone to roll alts. If you do the work on one character, why shouldn't I be able to help an alt get geared? You can almost do it now by using the orange-modded BoL gear to send mods across characters, so why not just make it simple and send the entire thing?

What might be a more viable option, perhaps with the original suggestion of a long CD, is make the empty orange/purple shell a level 10 BoL once the mods are removed (but BoP if you replace the mods). I could live with that (because the models they chose for the orange BoL gear are ugly (imo).
Mera Virai | "You should be running..."

BenjaminminU
07.24.2012 , 09:06 AM | #6
I would like to see the ability for all colour crystals to become "bind to legacy on equip" that way i can take my black-green crystal on my sentinel, and use it on my guardian.
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

PuntaSur
07.24.2012 , 05:04 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by BenjaminminU View Post
I would like to see the ability for all colour crystals to become "bind to legacy on equip" that way i can take my black-green crystal on my sentinel, and use it on my guardian.
I'd love this. However, I'd "settle" to just have a chance to transfer a few on a limited basis using Legacy, etc.