Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

server lag

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sutii
08.11.2012 , 03:02 PM | #21 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Metalmac View Post
You are correct that my lag issues are almost gone but this post is on SERVER LAG and that current issue is still alive and kicking.
Server lag is as I stated when at the first hop at BioWare end the first game router is 29ms, then every single hop after that is 30ms or more.
So clearly the biggest slowdown is at YOUR end as that is 5 separate hops at 30ms each or 150ms total.

As per my research game servers should be faster then my home connection, especially since you purpose is to serve many players.
Why did you not address this issue?
Hello again Metalmac,

We are continually monitoring the servers for such issues and address them as and when they are identified, unfortunately I do not have any further information that I can share on this subject at this time.

With regards to the times you are quoting from hop to hop, as said in my previous post, the times listed in a traceroute are round trip times and as such should not be added together. Again, as said before, according to your traceroutes it's taking data packets 30ms to reach the server and return to your pc in total, not 150ms.

Thank you once again for the information and your input, if there is anything else we can help you with please let us know.
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Bowlickanator
08.11.2012 , 03:03 PM | #22
How about I used to pay you to figure out what's wrong on your end? You made the game, how come you don't know what is wrong with it? That makes me think there is more to do with the server lag than you let us know. Did you have funding cut from your servers? What happened to the servers that were running the servers that we transferred from? Maybe you can hook those 140 some servers power up to the six that you are using now? I don't know if you can or not though. BECAUSE WE ARE NOT ALL PROGRAMMERS OR NETWORKERS? I hope that the pay to win model works for y'all so you can get more kids that don't know any better.

For everyone needing technical support, there is a faq under the support section of this website that will be every response you get for every request for help you have. Don't bother asking for help, you will save yourself some frustration...

Bowlickanator
08.11.2012 , 03:13 PM | #23
How about I used to pay you to figure out what's wrong on your end? You made the game, how come you don't know what is wrong with it? That makes me think there is more to do with the server lag than you let us know. Did you have funding cut from your servers? What happened to the servers that were running the servers that we transferred from? Maybe you can hook those 140 some servers power up to the six that you are using now? I don't know if you can or not though. BECAUSE WE ARE NOT ALL PROGRAMMERS OR NETWORKERS? I hope that the pay to win model works for y'all so you can get more kids that don't know any better.

For everyone needing technical support, there is a faq under the support section of this website that will be every response you get for every request for help you have. Don't bother asking for help, you will save yourself some frustration...

warriorcat
08.11.2012 , 03:21 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Bowlickanator View Post

ermm double post and just because you got problems dont mean these guys dont help other people, these guys did not make the game their just the support, these guys are not the ones fixing the network so dont aim it at the guys who are attempting to help you, and if your so short sited about pay to win this might not be the game for you

Metalmac
08.13.2012 , 02:56 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Sutii View Post
Hello again Metalmac,

We are continually monitoring the servers for such issues and address them as and when they are identified, unfortunately I do not have any further information that I can share on this subject at this time.

With regards to the times you are quoting from hop to hop, as said in my previous post, the times listed in a traceroute are round trip times and as such should not be added together. Again, as said before, according to your traceroutes it's taking data packets 30ms to reach the server and return to your pc in total, not 150ms.

Thank you once again for the information and your input, if there is anything else we can help you with please let us know.
Thank you I did not know that you can not add up the hops. But that still does not explain why most of the hops are slower at your end then my end. An example is when I do this to Blizzard it is 15ms at each hop so why is it slower for BioWare at 30ms each hop?