Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoints too fast

grallmate
07.26.2012 , 07:24 PM | #21
The issue is really that there is no tough 4 man content available. Give people more tough 4 man content and fewer people will speed run T1 HMs. The issue is that the harder content needs to have better drops and be on the same 'lockout' as the T1 BH comms otherwise geared people will still run those.

For example: adding another T2 FP and making those give 6 or 7 BH comms would probably be enough to get most geared people running those instead of the T1 HMs. Alternatively, drop T1 HM rewards to 3 BH comms and keep Tier 2 at 5.

TL;DR - Make more Tier 2 FPs and make the LFG rewards better than the T1 HMs but with the same lockout system.

Utania
07.27.2012 , 03:36 AM | #22
As quite a few bonus parts of flash points require additional trash clear, add a 1-2 bh comms to the bonus boss, players can can then choose either a quick run or do the bonus parts.

Ancaglon
07.27.2012 , 05:05 AM | #23
That's what "Story Mode" is for -- learning the Story and the events. Hard mode is just for the boss fights and the gearing.

Pet hate -- people that level to 50 and queue for hard modes without ever bothering to do the Story mode versions or gear up at all, and expect to be told everything about the instance. I've no issues with filling in someone with the differences from Story mode, but that's not what they are asking for.

Sildroni
07.27.2012 , 07:11 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Ancaglon View Post
That's what "Story Mode" is for -- learning the Story and the events. Hard mode is just for the boss fights and the gearing.

Pet hate -- people that level to 50 and queue for hard modes without ever bothering to do the Story mode versions or gear up at all, and expect to be told everything about the instance. I've no issues with filling in someone with the differences from Story mode, but that's not what they are asking for.
Pet Hate #2 - Choosing a platforming shortcut to bypass 1(!) mob (that the group has melted in less than 10 seconds every other time we've run accross it). Takes me longer to respawn and get back to them after I miss the landing. Gonna solo it next time
Sqn ()
eleven*ELEVEN*eleven

"Improvised interrogations are my speciality."

Khevar
07.27.2012 , 10:08 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Sildroni View Post
Pet Hate #2 - Choosing a platforming shortcut to bypass 1(!) mob (that the group has melted in less than 10 seconds every other time we've run accross it). Takes me longer to respawn and get back to them after I miss the landing. Gonna solo it next time
False Emperor, right?

Let's jump across the platform to skip a single elite droid that can be soloed by a dps, or shredded by a group of 4 in seconds.

OOPS Joe missed the jump and has to run back ...

Sildroni
07.27.2012 , 01:50 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by JeffKretz View Post
False Emperor, right?

Let's jump across the platform to skip a single elite droid that can be soloed by a dps, or shredded by a group of 4 in seconds.

OOPS Joe missed the jump and has to run back ...
got it in one!!
Sqn ()
eleven*ELEVEN*eleven

"Improvised interrogations are my speciality."

DSafana
07.27.2012 , 02:02 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Sildroni View Post
I always ask them to kill the droid and tell them nobody can make that jump,
Then when someone insists its easy I say go ahead, and right before they jump I range attack the droid putting the group in attack status and watch as their jump lands short and they die.

Nishki
08.13.2012 , 05:32 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by DiLune View Post
Scholomance was not more fun and engaging when there was more trash in it. I would say people burn out on content more quickly when an instance takes longer to complete.
Haha! Ya that one early on would take hours! And one bad pull... But I have to admit I miss it. Overall, probably my favorite instance tho my headpiece would take forever to drop...

Rerkk
08.13.2012 , 06:01 PM | #29
I agree the FPs are getting shorter and shorter these dayz.. what a few of my guildies and i have started doing is 2 manning certain HMs to spice it up a bit.
Zadi'an Legacy
Rerkk - Geyo - Zekan - Xek'o
Company

Khevar
08.13.2012 , 07:40 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Rerkk View Post
I agree the FPs are getting shorter and shorter these dayz.. what a few of my guildies and i have started doing is 2 manning certain HMs to spice it up a bit.
I would TOTALLY give this a try if I weren't addicted to BH comms ...

Instead I pug FPs -- that can spice it up for sure.