Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoints too fast

Petnil
07.23.2012 , 03:11 PM | #1
i know someone used to say flashpoints were too long and they had too much trash. And while i agree to some point that a flashpoint shouldn´t take as long as an operation, and should take about the same amount of time i just hate how ever piece of trash and every possible boss is beeing bypassed theese days.(talking pugs here)

The big plus about longer FP is that it extends content a bit. When FP are speeded that much up, people get tired of them that much faster. So if people get in 3 times as many FP every evening they get bored with them 3 times as fast. And they get gear 3 times as fast wich also would have kept them dooing FP.

If FP were too long compared to operations, the fix was not to make FP faster, rather make operations longer.

SNCommand
07.23.2012 , 03:12 PM | #2
What do you expect after 6 months of playing the same ones? People are now experienced enough to probably do them in their sleep. Most people have now routes that skip 70% of the trash mobs
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

Urael
07.23.2012 , 03:15 PM | #3
Bah ... some say too long .. others say too short. This is perception thing.

midnitemonster
07.23.2012 , 03:18 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SNCommand View Post
What do you expect after 6 months of playing the same ones? People are now experienced enough to probably do them in their sleep. Most people have now routes that skip 70% of the trash mobs
^This

I have been running the HM Flashpoints since before 1.2 to gear up for EV. At this point in time I get frustrated when people actually do not know these flashpoints as well as they should.

When they create more content and add more flashpoints those will take a little longer until we master those... and so on and so on.
"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."

Petnil
07.23.2012 , 03:24 PM | #5
i know, but imo there´s just too much that can be bypassed, i dont do FP for the loot, it´s the "story" of the FP and it is a bit destroyed when so much is bypassed. Some are worse than others ofc, taralV seems to be bad.
dont realy know if it can be fixed. I´m sure many people would be agry if lets say agro range was made twice as big in FP so bypassing would be alot harder. i´d kinda like it.

Petnil
07.23.2012 , 03:27 PM | #6
and if mastering a FP is about how to bypass as much trash and as many bosses as possible, imo thats a designflaw. Mastering a FP should be about knowing what to cc and what to interupt. What to kill first and what to stay clear of and so on.

Valtrim
07.23.2012 , 03:44 PM | #7
I get your point about skipping trash, but yeah, most people would be annoyed if current FPs changed. Making trash harder to bypass in future instances is a decent idea, though allowing you to bypass patrols of mobs seems interesting, to me, and more in line with what happens in Star Wars movies, such as when Obi-Wan sneaks around the Death Star.

Though I know it isn't pug-friendly, I'd also like to see flashpoints that are non-linear. Having a space station to explore rather than just run from point A to point B would be fun, now and then. Having boss hard modes on individual bosses that are triggered by not turning off certain defenses is a method that's been successful in other games. For instance, have a droid boss whose shielding can be turned off via slicing or adds that can effectively be disabled by locking doors or spacing them.

DiLune
07.23.2012 , 04:01 PM | #8
Scholomance was not more fun and engaging when there was more trash in it. I would say people burn out on content more quickly when an instance takes longer to complete.

psandak
07.23.2012 , 04:03 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Valtrim View Post
I get your point about skipping trash, but yeah, most people would be annoyed if current FPs changed. Making trash harder to bypass in future instances is a decent idea, though allowing you to bypass patrols of mobs seems interesting, to me, and more in line with what happens in Star Wars movies, such as when Obi-Wan sneaks around the Death Star.

Though I know it isn't pug-friendly, I'd also like to see flashpoints that are non-linear. Having a space station to explore rather than just run from point A to point B would be fun, now and then. Having boss hard modes on individual bosses that are triggered by not turning off certain defenses is a method that's been successful in other games. For instance, have a droid boss whose shielding can be turned off via slicing or adds that can effectively be disabled by locking doors or spacing them.
Non-linear group content has been done and sorry to say but the vast majority want it simpler. Yes, this is a WoW mentality but the populous has spoken. Even when WoW players screamed for non-linear content (because at the time everything was EXTREMELY linear) and Blizzard gave them what they wanted, only a small percentage ever took advantage of it and only for a short period.

As for the HM bosses you described, how long would it last before gear caught up and bypassed the difficulty and players said, "who cares we out gear it anyway." A month or two MAYBE.

Darthaes
07.23.2012 , 04:58 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Petnil View Post
i know someone used to say flashpoints were too long and they had too much trash. And while i agree to some point that a flashpoint shouldn´t take as long as an operation, and should take about the same amount of time i just hate how ever piece of trash and every possible boss is beeing bypassed theese days.(talking pugs here)

The big plus about longer FP is that it extends content a bit. When FP are speeded that much up, people get tired of them that much faster. So if people get in 3 times as many FP every evening they get bored with them 3 times as fast. And they get gear 3 times as fast wich also would have kept them dooing FP.

If FP were too long compared to operations, the fix was not to make FP faster, rather make operations longer.
some of us have lives out side of this game. kids, wife, job. I personally would like the 30 min FP. dont have time to sit hour and half doing a FP.