Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2859 RWZ Rated Juggernaut PvP Movie

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
2859 RWZ Rated Juggernaut PvP Movie

Yeochins
07.24.2012 , 09:50 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Laforet View Post
Except you would get "LOS" faster strafing / mouse turning.
You would, but you would loose strategic information by turning your screen.

The willingness to accept backpedalling 2 steps to keep focus on the action and have situational information to make good judgements, show much more skill than someone who mechanically turns and strafes for those 2 steps to potentially be loosing some crucial piece of information - like what cooldowns the other players are throwing.

Megatfx
07.24.2012 , 10:01 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Yeochins View Post
You would, but you would loose strategic information by turning your screen.

The willingness to accept backpedalling 2 steps to keep focus on the action and have situational information to make good judgements, show much more skill than someone who mechanically turns and strafes for those 2 steps to potentially be loosing some crucial piece of information - like what cooldowns the other players are throwing.
If you are only moving "2 steps" you aren't losing that much strategic information. I doubt the entire game is going to change in 2 steps that take less than a second.

kjkdollarbanny
07.24.2012 , 10:20 AM | #43
gimme trcklist please.

Megatfx
07.24.2012 , 10:22 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Megatfx View Post
If you are only moving "2 steps" you aren't losing that much strategic information. I doubt the entire game is going to change in 2 steps that take less than a second.
In fact I just did it. I just backpedaled for two steps, that took nearly a second. Just strafed those same two steps and had my camera pointed at the action, that took less than half a second.

Next attempt at defending your inferior movement please.

CTHONICON
07.24.2012 , 10:47 AM | #45
So...if you're in a rated and thus, naturally have several pocket healers, I guess vig/tank spec is the way to go?? I watched about 9mins of the video. Nice editing and music by the way!

What I don't understand, is WHY I didn't see you use Master Strike/Ravage? Maybe I missed it, but given that our dmg output is already abysmal with vigilance/vengeance, it's puzzling that you'd leave out one of the few abilities that would boost your dps. Either way, its good to see a JKG/Jugg video up every once in awhile.

-Shakazulu
Watch my less than stellar pvp video here.
Server: Corellian Run (Republic of course, you scum!)
Guild: SEE YOU IN HELL

skotish
07.24.2012 , 11:04 AM | #46
Good video don't worry about the jelly crowd
Quote: Originally Posted by Frankenseuss View Post
Palpetine: "... Not from a TOR dev."
TOFN Farquar'hoffe/Val'korsin

Trauglodyte
07.24.2012 , 11:16 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by CTHONICON View Post
What I don't understand, is WHY I didn't see you use Master Strike/Ravage? Maybe I missed it, but given that our dmg output is already abysmal with vigilance/vengeance, it's puzzling that you'd leave out one of the few abilities that would boost your dps. Either way, its good to see a JKG/Jugg video up every once in awhile.

-Shakazulu
He used it in a few spots. I'm not sure if he was the same spec through the entire match as he eluded to switching between hybrid and something else (it was in his response). From the clips, it looks like he was generally trying to avoid rooting himself for Ravage. I could be wrong, though.

Good vid. I'll say that it was a tad disappointing that you billed it as a 2859 rated team only to show mostly clips against PUGs in non-rated games. And it is a little more disappointing that you're avoiding showing your actual high level games to prevent leaking of tactics when most tactics have already been hammered out and aren't much different from what people use (again, I could be wrong there). But, all of that will be nullified once you release a guild vid.

As for the backpedaling comment, grow the f up. Why would I want to camera turn and strafe when I can take a few milliseconds longer to back up? If there is even the remote chance of losing my target on screen, that time that you saves is all for not. Then again, this is all moot anyway as the person chiming in probably doesn't have a rating half of what the OP does.
To die is simply to end the cycle of pain!

SlimsPicken
07.24.2012 , 11:19 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Laforet View Post
It means a player is not playing up to 100% of his capacity, he can do everything that he does backpedaling faster with strafe + mouse turning.
simply not always true. There are times when a quick step or two back is much more effective than turning a half turn and strafing away. He demonstrated a few in the video- theres no significant loss of speed for two steps, and the time taken to turn and strafe would have affected his facing more than just backpeddling two meters and keeping facing.

For tanks especially backpeddle can be effective over short distance for facing reasons.

I find that clicking nearly always lessens your effectiveness, but backpeddle can be useful occasionally. I dont think backpeddle is as black and white as clicking when it comes to badness.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

oredith
07.24.2012 , 11:22 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimsPicken View Post
simply not always true. There are times when a quick step or two back is much more effective than turning a half turn and strafing away.
i'm wondering why no one has suggested that he has his cake and eat it too.
strafe-jump-turn.

you cover the same distance in the time that you would be strafing, but you never lose your field of view.
(╯□)╯┻━┻
flipp'n yo desk, like a bauss
Tankie

cs_Kimmo
07.24.2012 , 11:27 AM | #50
Quote:
Skulm The Unstoppable Juggernaut...
Whom I have stopped at least twice or thrice in every match we have played against each other?

This video is proof enough that ratings don't mean **** when skill is the topic of discussion. You backpedal. You turn with your keyboard. Some times you can't even manage to keep Croustibat alive, which is pretty laughable in itself, considering he's/she's a scoundrel.

Only thing I can give credit about is the choice of music: The songs actually fit the general theme of "pew pew look at me pwning in dah Pee Vee pee", unlike the ones in the previous Warmonger movie.

See you on the battlefield!