Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2859 RWZ Rated Juggernaut PvP Movie

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
2859 RWZ Rated Juggernaut PvP Movie

Hmille
07.23.2012 , 09:09 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by KantaUO View Post
I was hoping to see more action vs geared players. I swear every-time i looked it was a guy under 16000hp.
^This, but wow man the video is sick. And you definitely have some skills

MindSpore
07.23.2012 , 10:17 PM | #22
Nice video Skulm! Inspiring inspirational words continue to empower!
Spymaster / Masterspy / Sneaky-Pete - TOFN

Fdzzaigl
07.24.2012 , 04:39 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Megatfx View Post
Really??? You made it to nearly 2900 rating and you backpedal? Jesus christ. Sigh, hence why games higher than 3v3 games are terrible, too easy to carry bads to high ratings.
Dude, he backpedaled for 3s to position himself for a leap, he never backpedaled in combat.

It's better to use backpedal when you have time before a charge anyway, because you don't need to switch your camera around for such a minor adjustment then.

Btw, those are some nice tank stats you've got going there! What did you augment for exactly if I may ask?

faiaaar
07.24.2012 , 05:23 AM | #24
Very nice Skulm ^^
Good job

selimonengut
07.24.2012 , 05:28 AM | #25
Hello everyone,

Thanks a lot for your interest in the movie. I really appreciate all the comments you have given. Just to clarify certain aspects I am writing this:

- cooldowns are not an addon, play around with preferences in game
- I did not share full warmonger premade clips, since some officers disagreed about sharing all of our tactics with everyone (even though we have streamers, we actually hide some tactical play we have)
- In warmonger premades I am more restricted to play my role, when I was pugging against good republic premades in RWZ, I thought it would be more of a challenge so that's why you see me playing with people from other guilds against full premades consisting of full geared pvp ers. So, not all of the clips have 14k hp players in it. In fact, the majority of the clips are recorded at a competitive level believe it or not.
- about backpedal, I am a multigladiator from wow and I myself know how it is interpreted by other people, but let me share my opinion with you guys: 1) you can ADJUST your force push more accurate (05:24 in video) if you later want to charge him or you want your friend to be able to charge him, not to mention the flame pushes. 2) strafing to go back and then using camera PREVENTS you from selecting charge or intercede targets. Remember this is not WOW tab mechanics are slightly different. I am saying all of this from the Juggernaut perspective please keep that in mind.
- android normally never plays in rwz double premades. I forced him to play with us because he is extremely skilled. As I mentioned before, you can't see full warmonger premades going because some of our officers were against the idea of sharing our strategical play in my movie, we thought sharing them in a future guild movie would be better.
- the specs and gear choice are all linked+shown in the video, I am using endurance/power augments for tanking and str/endurance augments for hybrid.

Please feel free to ask anything, I would be more than happy to reply. Again, thanks a lot for watching and writing comments. Even flaming is a part of pvp I take it like that so I totally respect that.

Have fun and see you around !
Skulm

GM of WARMONGER
www.warmongergaming.com

platinumruggo
07.24.2012 , 05:32 AM | #26
Maybe being new to PvP has gotten the better of me, but I don't see what's so bad about back pedaling... If it's his choice to do so, why must that be a detriment to his skill level? SMH.

Good video dude. I've got a lvl 40 jug that I keep putting off to level up.

Dmasterr
07.24.2012 , 05:37 AM | #27
Watched the video. I am disappointed.

I was hopping for the video to be of RWZ against good teams, where where good stuff happened, stuff that was worth being put into a movie, and they were quite a few. At the very least i hoped the video was against good opponents.

Instead, you made a movie about facerolling players between bad and average skill level with mostly bad gear.

The majority of the video is running 4man premade in normal WZ against terribad players and/or very poorly geared, AND vs rwz pugs man... that stuff is not even worth recording, or at the very least you find 1 good fight in dozens of hours of footage.

Playing a jugg vs randoms with a very good pocket healer like croustibat is not hard at all.

The "best" part of the video was that one rwz vs sphinx and that guild has mostly average players. That being the high end in the video is saying something.

-------------->
You have the opportunity to make a great movie, we had really good fights in rwz against good teams.... and yet you chose to make an average movie, that is why i am disappointed.

You put the "Warmonger" name, the best team in the EU, on something average. And from your pov that might be ok, since you are the GM, i however would not put my name on something average...not when i want to showcase my skill.

Regarding your player ability : You are better than what it is shown in the video, why settle on average footage? Also i really wish you would stop backpedaling.

P.S. i know you probably really wanted to make a movie, and can't share rwz tactics w/e. But i would have chosen to not make a movie where i would have to settle.

PowerReaper
07.24.2012 , 05:40 AM | #28
Nice video, just ignore the trolls.
Prophecy Of The Five
Warlord Èschaton - 55 Sith Juggernaut
Elite Warlord Christine - 55 Jedi Sentinel

Maxkardinal
07.24.2012 , 05:43 AM | #29
And thats what people are calling "competitive PvP" ?

MOWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA
For now my impressions of SWTOR progect can be illustrated by this video
Dev team are the Uzzy, and his ring entrance is BioWare behaviour during pre release advertaising. And the end - is the clash with the reality. >>My characters<<

NoTomorrow
07.24.2012 , 05:46 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Megatfx View Post
Really??? You made it to nearly 2900 rating and you backpedal? Jesus christ. Sigh, hence why games higher than 3v3 games are terrible, too easy to carry bads to high ratings.
typical envying badie. Sees a new video posted, searches frantically for something to critique the videomaker. Anything just no to feel worse than him.

Personally, after watching this video I can say kudos to the op healer Croustibat. Amazing job.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.