Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

2859 RWZ Rated Juggernaut PvP Movie

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
2859 RWZ Rated Juggernaut PvP Movie

paowee's Avatar


paowee
07.23.2012 , 05:44 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Megatfx View Post
Really??? You made it to nearly 2900 rating and you backpedal? Jesus christ. Sigh, hence why games higher than 3v3 games are terrible, too easy to carry bads to high ratings.
I saw one where he backpedaled like 2 steps for charge range on the guy capping south novare outcoast. It's fine.... why do you have to be so negative? <3.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

furiousferret's Avatar


furiousferret
07.23.2012 , 07:05 PM | #12
Backpeddaling doesn't mean a player is bad, its just a useless keybind for PVP.
Theronot - Conqueror Juggernaut
Theranot - Conqueror Operative
Therinot - War Hero Marauder
The Bastion (formerly Black Vulkars)

Laforet's Avatar


Laforet
07.23.2012 , 07:44 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by furiousferret View Post
Backpeddaling doesn't mean a player is bad, its just a useless keybind for PVP.
It means a player is not playing up to 100% of his capacity, he can do everything that he does backpedaling faster with strafe + mouse turning.

Faster is better no?
Believer - Seer - Fatman - RETIRED

Jkelectronet Poledancer new healstar inc.

iphobia's Avatar


iphobia
07.23.2012 , 08:08 PM | #14
So those are the skilled groups that Dmasterr(Android, you can see him a few times in the video) tries to tell us you play against all the time on your server?

What I see in this video:
- Many people with 14-17k HP, there are even some with 12-13k
- Random groups, random groups, random groups (see guild names)
- People getting charged in their spawnzone over and over again
- Multiple people standing in Sniper AoE's trying to cap a point (I guess their healers loved them for doing this)
- Tanks guarding heals, but not peeling/taunting/supporting at all
- Dps not peeling for their heals at all
- Sorc-/Ops-Heals trying to facetank people while not moving one step
- People trying to backpeddal away
- Some seem to have nor organisation/communication at all, running around like headless chickens


I mean...Even if you are a structured, organised team with good communication...those are just the basics of competitive team play.
In addition, all of your team mates seem to be more or less well geared.

In my opinion, this is good, but it doesn't justify a rating over 400 points above the item with the highest rating requirement.

As long as there is no (working) ELO-system and more teams who know the basics and have more or less nice gear, rating in this game is no measurement for skill.

Nice editing btw.
Quote:
Stellt dir mal vor, wenn du Soldat gehst, Jeder Soldat braucht ein paar Gebärdenzeichen ohne Ton!!! Wenn einmal mit Ton oder ansprecht, Die feindliche kann hören, was ist dahintersteckt, dann... Feuer öffnet sich!!!!
Mhm, ich weiss genau was du meinst.

Laforet's Avatar


Laforet
07.23.2012 , 08:14 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by iphobia View Post
So those are the skilled groups that Dmasterr(Android, you can see him a few times in the video) tries to tell us you play against all the time on your server?

What I see in this video:
- Many people with 14-17k HP, there are even some with 12-13k
- Random groups, random groups, random groups (see guild names)
- People getting charged in their spawnzone over and over again
- Multiple people standing in Sniper AoE's trying to cap a point (I guess their healers loved them for doing this)
- Tanks guarding heals, but not peeling/taunting/supporting at all
- Dps not peeling for their heals at all
- Sorc-/Ops-Heals trying to facetank people while not moving one step
- People trying to backpeddal away
- Some seem to have nor organisation/communication at all, running around like headless chickens


I mean...Even if you are a structured, organised team with good communication...those are just the basics of competitive team play.
In addition, all of your team mates seem to be more or less well geared.

In my opinion, this is good, but it doesn't justify a rating over 400 points above the item with the highest rating requirement.

As long as there is no (working) ELO-system and more teams who know the basics and have more or less nice gear, rating in this game is no measurement for skill.

Nice editing btw.
Yeah this video totally compromises Dmasterr claims of being "best in the world" at anything really.

Average gameplay at best, solid proof that ELO means nothing in this game ATM.

Sympthons of a low skill cap/dead game.
Believer - Seer - Fatman - RETIRED

Jkelectronet Poledancer new healstar inc.

Blasphemerr's Avatar


Blasphemerr
07.23.2012 , 08:26 PM | #16
Something pretentious.

Evil_Santa's Avatar


Evil_Santa
07.23.2012 , 08:37 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Megatfx View Post
Really??? You made it to nearly 2900 rating and you backpedal? Jesus christ. Sigh, hence why games higher than 3v3 games are terrible, too easy to carry bads to high ratings.
lol i noticed that too
Quote:EA CEO John Riccitiello's"When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6-u8OIJTE

clearsighted's Avatar


clearsighted
07.23.2012 , 08:46 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by selimonengut View Post
Greetings, this is a SWTOR PvP video of me(Skulm, Sith Juggernaut) currently at 2859 RWZ rating. The video has:

1- Rated Warzones at 2800+ rating.
2- 1v1
3- 2vx
4- 1vx
5- Entertaining PvP videos

ANY type of criticism is appreciated (I take flaming as a part of PvP so feel free)

Be sure to like+subscribe if you like it Here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxFl_lJMX7E&feature=plcp
Great video. True skill. There's nothing wrong in backpedaling to get LOS for a leap, lol. Ignore the trolls.

clearsighted's Avatar


clearsighted
07.23.2012 , 08:47 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Evil_Santa View Post
lol i noticed that too
So long as you control the space around you, it doesn't matter if you backpedal or not. When you are playing positionally, and finessing the distance for various leaps, intervenes, slows, or aiming a shove, spaz-running to turn around and then turn back around, takes more time than backpedaling.

Speaking as someone with considerable PvP experience, the OP definitely controls the space around him and shows an exceptional level of situational awareness.

And keep in mind, he's playing a class which can instantly be anywhere he wants to be within 30m, every 15s to an enemy, every 20s to a friendly.

Laforet's Avatar


Laforet
07.23.2012 , 09:05 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by clearsighted View Post
Great video. True skill. There's nothing wrong in backpedaling to get LOS for a leap, lol. Ignore the trolls.
Except you would get "LOS" faster strafing / mouse turning.
Believer - Seer - Fatman - RETIRED

Jkelectronet Poledancer new healstar inc.