Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2859 RWZ Rated Juggernaut PvP Movie

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
2859 RWZ Rated Juggernaut PvP Movie

Siberian_Menace
07.25.2012 , 04:17 AM | #121
Forget backpedalling! What amused me - are there REALLY so many recruit geared noobs in rateds, or the op just picked out the biggest hits on them to look cooler?

If there are REALLY so many recruit geared noobs in rateds, imma be farming them like crazy starting today!

cs_Kimmo
07.25.2012 , 04:20 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by clearsighted View Post
Spoken like a true forum warrior who has never had to time a leap or intercede just right, while wrestling with TOR's stupid camera and tab-targeting. lol.
Not only is your statement untrue, it also makes you look like a jack a s s. I've had to time numerous leaps and Guardian Leaps, it's just that I don't suck hard enough to have trouble doing those things WHILE maximizing my movement speed in all situations.

BiggDirty
07.25.2012 , 04:27 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by cs_Kimmo View Post
You keep telling yourself that. This isn't Counter-Strike, this is an MMO, and backpedaling limits you, period. There is nothing you can achieve by limiting your movement speed via backpedaling that you couldn't achieve strafing, which doesn't limit your movement at all.
Learn to read.

There are situations where it DOESN'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE whether you backpedal or strafe.

Pressing S for half a second is a lot more comfortable to me than holding RMB + turn quarter circle + D + hold LMB + turn camera quarter circle.

Why would I make the extra effort to back up 2 steps when the situation doesn't warrant it? Just so I can feel awesome about myself for being a non-backpedaler like you?

cs_Kimmo
07.25.2012 , 04:32 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by BiggDirty View Post
Learn to read.

There are situations...
Name one.

If you're already at 10+ meters from the enemy, ready to leap, then no movement is required, instead of pressing the S-key for 0.5 seconds, you can just give yourself a quick w a n k while waiting for the GCD. If you are at less than 10 meters from the enemy and the situation requires a leap, then you're limiting yourself by maximizing the time it takes for your character to run into suitable range.

The first step of defeating a problem is admitting it. You're limiting yourself, period. If strafing and rotating the camera is too much for you to handle in addition to spamming your rotation and being aware about the flow of the match, then I have no clue why you're playing ranked PvP in the first place.

pureeffinmetal
07.25.2012 , 04:33 AM | #125
Whats more pathetic?

That a dude backpedaled in his PVP video for a few seconds

OR

That numerous people are willing to spend over a dozen forum pages arguing about the pros and cons of backpedaling and its merits in pvp.

People will argue over anything on the internet.
Fallschirmjager
Lightning Sorcerer
<Rapture>
The Shadowlands (Formerly Shadow Hand)

Tankqull
07.25.2012 , 04:40 AM | #126
You keep telling yourself that. This isn't Counter-Strike, this is an MMO, and backpedaling limits you, period. There is nothing you can achieve by limiting your movement speed via backpedaling that you couldn't achieve strafing, which doesn't limit your movement at all.
you can due to the craptastic camera snapback system you cant disable in this game. and loosing your coursor while mousemoving.

so you have to chose to either beeing able to move and switch your target on the run or beeing able to move by mousemovent wich is faster no doubt but having to tab through the enemies like the noob you claim a backpaddler is
both is worthwhile in different situations

BiggDirty
07.25.2012 , 04:47 AM | #127
Name one.

If you're already at 10+ meters from the enemy, ready to leap, then no movement is required, instead of pressing the S-key for 0.5 seconds, you can just give yourself a quick w a n k while waiting for the GCD. If you are at less than 10 meters from the enemy and the situation requires a leap, then you're limiting yourself by maximizing the time it takes for your character to run into suitable range.

The first step of defeating a problem is admitting it. You're limiting yourself, period. If strafing and rotating the camera is too much for you to handle in addition to spamming your rotation and being aware about the flow of the match, then I have no clue why you're playing ranked PvP in the first place.
How about when I'm solo defending a node and there's nobody there, and I feel like running around randomly because I'm bored?

How about when I'm in the pit and I want to leap to someone who is just a bit too far for me to get line of sight, so I'm jumping up and down spamming my leap key while moving back and forth slightly since it's impossible to actually measure the exact spot that I need?

How about when I'm 1v1 against an infiltration shadow and I don't want to turn my back to him so that he can use shadow strike on me?

How about the fact that I don't play every single minute of this game like it's the olympics, and I just don't FEEL like strafing because it's simply easier to press S and it makes no gosh darn difference anyway in a WZ full of scrubs who I am going to dominate either way.

The part that you idiots are continuing to ignore is that I can strafe any time I want and the majority of the time that is what I'm doing. The point is that just because someone backpedals for 2 seconds in a 15 minute game, does not mean he is some horrible noob, and anyone who entertains that opinion is a giant moron.

kweassa
07.25.2012 , 04:52 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by pureeffinmetal View Post
Whats more pathetic?

That a dude backpedaled in his PVP video for a few seconds

OR

That numerous people are willing to spend over a dozen forum pages arguing about the pros and cons of backpedaling and its merits in pvp.

People will argue over anything on the internet.
Meh.

It's usually from people who love to pepper other's input with negative opinion, but too cowardly to post up their own examples to back their claims, that idiot posts like these turn up.

Basically, there's nothing to really criticize, but still there's that twisted, pathetic need to degrade other's performance and voila, there you have it. Arguing over "backpeddling" *snicker*.... as if that never happens in their own game... or meeting people with lesser gear and stats.. right, I'm sure those hypocrites always move away from those weaker than themselves and always try to engage those stronger. Yeah, I'd bet.

The thing is, backpeddling or strafing or what not, means nothing. Its just a method. A preference. Can you use strafing and get better results? Well woop-dee-too, good for you. Can someone else just use backpeddling now and then and still get reasonable results? Maybe. To each his own.

But really, any real PvPer who has certain amount of pride and confidence in their own skill don't look at meaningless petty stuff like whether you strafe or not, or use mouse clicks in some cases, or whatever. Those are unimportant and trifle things. Anyone with any bit of knowledge into PvP looks at how the person in the footage uses his skill at what timing, which enemies he chooses to engage first, what kind of exit strategy has, and if there's a move you can't understand, thinks about what made the guy in the video make such choices.

THOSE are the things that matter.

In short, ALL of the flaming idiots blabbing about backpedaling in this thread, has basically shown the PvP community what kind of PvP level their mind is set to... which, IMO, would be close to "zero".

Oi, you backpedal haters. You are welcome to post your own video of a character with higher RWZ ranking than the original poster, and show us how massively skilled you are by not using backpedaling at all. Show us your own ungodly super-duper maneuvering expertise.

If you can't do that, all of you are just simply smearing someone for petty reasons.

Really, I enjoy people coming up with "oooh the video footage so sucks.. I can do things 100 times better" comments, because then I can always request them of proof. I'm a sucky mediocre player, so any footage better than this one, I'd love to humbly watch and learn.

Let's see those footages of someone who has higher than a 2800+ ranking and does not use backpedaling at all, never fights lower geared opponents, and always fights someone fairly. Popcorn ready, let the show begin!
"90% of PvP complaints come from people that are thoroughly unqualified to comment about anything in the first place. Stop assuming that you are a good player, then an answer will come; why you die so often, why you are CCd so often, and why you complain about healers so often - You're simply a bad player. Harsh truth."

cs_Kimmo
07.25.2012 , 04:57 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by BiggDirty View Post
How about the fact that I don't play every single minute of this game like it's the olympics, and I just don't FEEL like strafing because it's simply easier to press S and it makes no gosh darn difference anyway in a WZ full of scrubs who I am going to dominate either way.
Here we get to the real reasons.

1) You don't give a **** about your perfomance.
2) You underestimate your opponents.

I agree, both are totally fine in PUG Warzones, since due to the lack of strategic gameplay from both parties it's the gear and team composition that decides the outcome of the match. But when you're playing RWZs against people who are in the best possible gear and "who treat it like the Olympics", no need to wonder why you will get your butt whooped, if you keep limiting your gameplay. Any player with half a brain cell can outmaneuver you if you keep backpedaling. I just wish this game had no autoturning like WoW back in the day, it would make an even bigger difference.

BiggDirty
07.25.2012 , 05:06 AM | #130
Who said I get my butt whooped?

I don't have any problems in pvp thx.

And btw, this entire debate was sparked by a video showing a juggernaut who massively outgears his opponents. So I don't see how it being rated warzones has any relevance.