Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Saboteur PvP quick-start guide

LenrocNewDawn
08.10.2012 , 02:45 AM | #21
I would love to see a sustained damage rotation for the saboteur tree. I'm currently SS speced but I'm in the mood to explore new things . Can you guys help out please?
“Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.”

JeepWithGuy
08.10.2012 , 06:22 AM | #22
Saboteur isn't meant for sustained damage. AoE attacks are highly energy inefficient. You could skip the AoE attacks, but that would take away a lot of the spec purpose and utility. This is more of a burst/control spec for single targets, or to overwhelm healers with your AoE. Sharpshooter is still your best bet for sustained damage, or maybe Dirty Fighting if you wanted to try something new.
Constant Warfare: MMO helpsite. You just have to ask.
Pylan Traitine

Brool
08.10.2012 , 12:08 PM | #23
incin grenade is pretty energy efficient.

Sweeping gunfire is highly energy inefficient.

That being said I have never used a target dummy, ops or pvp wise on any of my builds/toons. I do know how quick targets drop when im involved and when I am not involved.

Sabs can put out really good burst on single targets as well, we do(my build) have a small lul in dps while maintaining our energy. This is the time that hot pursuit is used for the free quickshot to let the energy build back up for a quick second. usually about 6 seconds worth of quickshots before I am back into full rotation.

edit: The dps loss for energy management to maintain peak rotation can be circumvented by using coolhead then sabatoge and coolhead again. However, you then have a 1 min cooldown on sabatge/coolhead again.
Phalanx
The Harbinger
We are playing a game of rock paper scissors.
Quit asking to nerf rock when you are obviously playing scissors.

JeepWithGuy
08.10.2012 , 12:23 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Brool View Post
incin grenade is pretty energy efficient.
Incendiary grenade is something i'd rather save for CC or area denial as opposed to keeping it on cooldown in a rotation. Again, my point of view purely from a PvP perspective.
Pylan Traitine

Brool
08.10.2012 , 01:11 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by JeepWithGuy View Post
Incendiary grenade is something i'd rather save for CC or area denial as opposed to keeping it on cooldown in a rotation. Again, my point of view purely from a PvP perspective.
I completly agree with you, however i usually keep it non stop on a node or door. different for huttball tho.

I also take into account i pve as well.
Phalanx
The Harbinger
We are playing a game of rock paper scissors.
Quit asking to nerf rock when you are obviously playing scissors.

JeepWithGuy
08.15.2012 , 06:47 AM | #26
I've added a video for Voidstar strategy. you can also view it from the original guide page on my website. If it was useful, please toss it a like!
Pylan Traitine

JeepWithGuy
08.16.2012 , 09:23 AM | #27
Hey guys, I am having to stop my Star Wars subscription because of some unexpected and large bills of late. I plan to return when it goes free to play, but free players won't have forum access. I also still have a few videos for this guide to post on my website. You're welcome to come ask questions or leave comments on the main guide page itself. Again, I plan to return when Star Wars goes free to play and keep the Saboteur PvP Quick Start Guide updated.

Thanks to all of you for your great feedback and responses. I hope this forum thread helped at least one person enjoy the game a little more.
Pylan Traitine

ElderGlorfindel
08.28.2012 , 06:29 PM | #28
I save Incendiary Grenade for area denial or cast it on my self if a melee attacks me. One set-up which melts ppls faces off is shock charge, sab charge, flurish, vital, and speed shot. Speedshot base damage + contengency charges + the traited Speed shot dot + our other dots = epic face melt for the target

currann
08.28.2012 , 07:05 PM | #29
I was looking at the skill summary for pandemonium and saw that you had it listed as a free charged burst, rather than a instant charged burst. Which is nice to get that extra hit of damage right after the pushback and not break the root

GalnarDegana
09.13.2012 , 03:04 PM | #30
One big defensive cooldown that was not included was Cool Head, as it returns 6% health. Also, Sabotage itself is a big defensive-style cooldown, as it resets the cooldowns on Cool Head and Defense Screen.

On the questions about rotation, Sabotage Charge and Flourish Shot are the first things most people agree on. Sabotage Charge is a HUGE source of burst damage, and it should be on cooldown as fast as possible so you can use it multiple times in a fight (due to the 30-second cooldown). I usually start with a Sabotage Charge, Flourish Shot, Speed Shot, Vital Shot, Shock Charge. After that is situational based on spec and opponent.
Gunslinger Guide | Complete Valor Points List | Official Gunslinger Representative Questions Page
Harbinger: Geldarion ('Slinger), Shadowlands: Geldaria (Sniper)
Owner of The Fanatical Swordsman, cohost for Casual Core Radio, PvP Writer and former cohost for Corellian Run Radio