Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Q&A Thread Blog Discussion: July 23rd, 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Q&A Thread Blog Discussion: July 23rd, 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

scullzomben
07.23.2012 , 09:40 PM | #21
Wow. That was extremely lackluster.

AxeX
07.23.2012 , 10:53 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
Purple crystals are easy to come by, just run HM EV and grab any columi weapon token from Gharj or Soa.
Empire side only. Absolutely no gaurantee that weapons in future item tiers will have higher rated purple color crystals. Same goes for Republic and Cyan crystals.
Kemira - Level 50 Miraluka Jedi Shadow Tank Ashonde - Level 50 Chiss Powertech Tank
Kel'nera - Level 50 Twi'lek Sith Sorcerer DPS Epick - Level 50 Sith Pureblood Juggernaut DPS

Elmillia
07.23.2012 , 11:04 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hello everyone,

Please discuss this week's Community Q&A blog in this thread!
What is the point in playing a Jedi or a Sith if I can't have a violet lightsaber like Jaina Solo or Mace Windu. >.<
SWTOR is a MORPG. Multiplayer online Roleplaying game.

There is nothing Massively about it.

Polebreaker
07.23.2012 , 11:19 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalthalos View Post
What the hell does that even mean? That's not an answer! That doesn't even make sense!!

Can someone decipher what he's trying to say??
Yeah I puzzled over that one... it really doesnt make any sense at all. Total garbage response.

And that bit about not being any fun to not have a chance to fight back... geez has he even played this game?

I can understand and even agree with abilities not resetting on death, but with one exception. The cc breaker ABSOLUTELY should reset. This game is stunwars enough without dealing with that little hell.

ZionHalcyon
07.23.2012 , 11:56 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalthalos View Post
What the hell does that even mean? That's not an answer! That doesn't even make sense!!

Can someone decipher what he's trying to say??
Its real simple if you followed the patch notes up till now.

Originally, based on the design, certain mods were bound to the item and not the custom mods you can swap - its why on raid armor, older sets have the bonuses attached to the armor. Newer sets have the bonuses attached to the armoring mod, but it had the unexpected side effect of auto-generating mods that were more endurance-focused than class skill-focused.

They'll be correcting that in the future.

But if you don't raid, no surprise the question is over your head - most raiders will get what he said.
BobVader - We will always remember.
Remain civil in the face of incivility, lest you be the barbarian.

MajikMyst
07.24.2012 , 12:17 AM | #26
Purple does not and should not be a rare crystal... It should be fully craftable by Artifice for various charater levels..

Bioware.. You ruined the chance to make them rare by giving them to mobs.. Now fix it by giving them to all..

And another thing.. Why on earth are you putting crystals in chests to drop?? When can Artifice get some love.. There is little point to that crew skill.. I would love to see an Artifice schematic drop in an op some time.. Instead of Sythweaving, Armormech, Biochem, and all the others.. Stop exploitng our craft by just giving away things that we should be making for people..

Any of the color and black crystals should be rare.. Any solid colors should not be rare.. Simple as that..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

AxeX
07.24.2012 , 12:47 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
Purple does not and should not be a rare crystal... It should be fully craftable by Artifice for various charater levels..

Bioware.. You ruined the chance to make them rare by giving them to mobs.. Now fix it by giving them to all..

And another thing.. Why on earth are you putting crystals in chests to drop?? When can Artifice get some love.. There is little point to that crew skill.. I would love to see an Artifice schematic drop in an op some time.. Instead of Sythweaving, Armormech, Biochem, and all the others.. Stop exploitng our craft by just giving away things that we should be making for people..

Any of the color and black crystals should be rare.. Any solid colors should not be rare.. Simple as that..
On the contrary, Artifice, alongside Cybertech and Armstech, has the highest money making potential. These crew skills craft the items that are the most rare and hard to learn scematics: grade 26 barrels, hilts, and non slot-bound armorings.

My main knows the Might Hilt 26, and has made well over 20 million credits crafting these. I know a Cybertech that has made 10 million from selling Guardian armoring 26.
Kemira - Level 50 Miraluka Jedi Shadow Tank Ashonde - Level 50 Chiss Powertech Tank
Kel'nera - Level 50 Twi'lek Sith Sorcerer DPS Epick - Level 50 Sith Pureblood Juggernaut DPS

Paokzu
07.24.2012 , 05:25 AM | #28
Very good Q&A. Good questions, good answers.
The only thing Id really add is about the regularity of class balancing. When I read the words 'class balancing' I cringe. I started playing MMOs with games like EQ where the classes were drastically different and people knew it, loved it, knew their role and rocked it out. Im not very happy that MMOs haved turned so far from this but, I accept that times change. I love this game but I feel that the continued balancing acts are a bit overdone. I play every Imperial advanced class. The only issues I can see are where the balancing has hurt the classes, like the Mercenary and the Assassin. Sure both classes are still playable and fun, but a bit less than before. Id just like BW to not have its hand poised over the nerf/balance button when a group of players complain about something. Anyway what Im saying is knowing that balancing would be taking place regularly kinda scares me.
"You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die."
http://www.cracked.com/blog/understa...ario-brothers/

Alavastre
07.24.2012 , 05:33 AM | #29
BW, I know you don't want to talk about the new stuff, unfortunately, that is what the community wants to talk about. I'm interested in the future, not so much the distribution of stats on mods.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Thomas Jefferson

Paokzu
07.24.2012 , 05:41 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Cupelixx View Post
Really? You want purple to be rare so that only some people can have it, yet more than half of the mobs/NPCs I see while leveling on the empire side have purple color crystals? Come on, I run into sith marauder NPCs half my level that run around with 2 purple crystals! For a game that so highly touts character customization, why all of the arbitrary restrictions on color crystals? If people want white and purple, let them have it! And let artifice craft them for crying out loud. These ridiculous restrictions don't make any sense.
Im all for giving artifice the ability to craft those. I do love craftin.
I know Im in the minority to say this but I'll say it anyway. I for one really liked the alignment restriction. I thought it had a much more starwars feel to have the red sabers/sith, blue and green sabers/jedi.
"You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die."
http://www.cracked.com/blog/understa...ario-brothers/