Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Q&A Thread for July 27th Blog Post

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official Q&A Thread for July 27th Blog Post
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Styxx
07.23.2012 , 04:17 PM | #11
Are there plans or will we ever have the current Bind on Pickup gear converted into BIND ON LEGACY?

Background: the initial Bind gear was developed to fight off gold sellers. Now, we have LEGACY, which is pretty much account on server. Therefore, bind gear is no longer needed per character, so it can and should be extended to Legacy, or account. It is quality of life, or normality, since we can keep the original idea intact : gear cannot leave the account, but it can be traded freely among the characters within the account, while still preserving the "no GTN sell".

Lt_Morke
07.23.2012 , 04:21 PM | #12
As it stands right now, our companions are not very vocal. They currently only express their opinions during a few of the class quests. Our companions are deep characters; I think they would be more expressive.

Are there any plans to have our companions talk (banter?) outside of our class quests, like during side quest/flashpoint conversations?

SithEBM
07.23.2012 , 04:32 PM | #13
Is Alyson Bridge on the server: The Fatman?

frubio
07.23.2012 , 04:34 PM | #14
Why are the dailies in the Black Hole area non-phased for Republic players, while Imperial players are phased? Are there any plans to change this to where Republic players can be in phased areas for their missions.

BenjaminminU
07.23.2012 , 04:42 PM | #15
Will we ever see gear that is designed for companion characters that actually is designed around them as a character? Such as mandalorian armor for Akaavi Spar, or Sith Juggernaut armor for Lord Scourge?
Companion appearence is important to me and it annoys me how these two characters essentialy get forced into trooper/jedi gear in order to be useable in combat.
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

barbosoo
07.23.2012 , 04:44 PM | #16
Why is my server Mandalore the Indomitable so empty all of a sudden?
We Who Dare Win Never Give Up The Fight
A spark of hope can kindle the fire of freedomThere is hope if we ignite our passion

Proud Officer Of The Grand Republic Army

MayoJar
07.23.2012 , 04:46 PM | #17
Lately you have been implementing "Server stability" fixes. Can you explain what exactly that is? I keep visualizing some intern sliding napkin shims under a corner of the server. Is this to fix lag issues, log in times, or transition screen load times?
Sith Talk Podcast
See you in the pit

Armadillos
07.23.2012 , 04:46 PM | #18
With Valve annoucing that they are going to make Left 4 Dead 2 as well as Steam work in linux, has the SW:TOR team ever thought about making the game work natively in linux, and what challenges would you see if it was possible?

Costello
07.23.2012 , 04:52 PM | #19
With all the talk of free to play and a many many posts about people quitting, when will we see better communication? Most the time the QA thread is awful with few answers and nothing about anything thats going to make the game better or encourage people to log in?

Fireblazer
07.23.2012 , 04:55 PM | #20
Any word on future ingame events like the Raghoul disease? Most people were expecting one after update 1.3 and wondering if we will see one before the next game update.