Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Low Framerate Issues


lunakatty's Avatar


lunakatty
12.19.2011 , 03:11 AM | #11
Hey Xairon,

What power supply do you have? do you know the wattage? is it stock?
Do you know the model number of you're desktop?

I'm actually surprised that you're getting this bad of a performance since I had a similar setup desktop once and it had no trouble with single client games.

You're help on the info of the power supply is most appreciated.

o/
12/13 December crew! Better late than never

Your_dominus's Avatar


Your_dominus
12.19.2011 , 03:11 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Xairon View Post
Pointless as XP 32-Bit can hardly read more than 3 GB of RAM anyway.

First of all it's more like 3.5.
Second, single channel is gimped memory bandwidth. should be running in pairs. 3gb is a odd number.

4GB( 2x2gb) in a gaming pc was quiet standard, for years.
Not 3

lunakatty's Avatar


lunakatty
12.19.2011 , 03:13 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Breezer_ View Post
Game seems to be running like crap on every system. We need to wait patch. Im getting horrible fps drops from around 60-70fps to 10-19fps without no reason like every 1 min.
Is there word of a patch regarding this ??? can you please link the info?
12/13 December crew! Better late than never

Breezer_'s Avatar


Breezer_
12.19.2011 , 03:15 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by lunakatty View Post
Is there word of a patch regarding this ??? can you please link the info?
I didnt say there is patch coming, i said we need to wait for patch -.-. Also im sure Bioware will fix this, or they will lose players.

Xairon's Avatar


Xairon
12.19.2011 , 03:17 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by lunakatty View Post
Hey Xairon,

What power supply do you have? do you know the wattage? is it stock?
Do you know the model number of you're desktop?

I'm actually surprised that you're getting this bad of a performance since I had a similar setup desktop once and it had no trouble with single client games.

You're help on the info of the power supply is most appreciated.

o/
XPS Gen 4 - The XPS Gen 4 featured either a Intel 925XE Express or Intel 925X Express chipset with a Pentium 4 processor with Hyper-Threading technology and a 512 KB, 1 MB, or 2 MB cache. They supported up to 4GB of 400-MHz and 533-MHz DDR2 unbuffered SDRAM in four memory slots. The Gen four also featured an on board 10/100/1000 network interface controller, an 800-MHz or 1066-MHz system clock, one PCI-Express x16 video card slot, 4 PCI slots, and four Serial ATA 2.0 connectors.[8] It was powered by a 460 watt proprietary power supply and featured decorative LEDs on the front of the case that the user could change the colors of in the Bios.

^ Source - Wikipedia.

Only differences listed on my system are the upgrades in the OP.
Fable Herbkindle - Jedi Sage, Ajunta Pall
Founder, Collector's Edition
Forum Member: Nov. 2008

Your_dominus's Avatar


Your_dominus
12.19.2011 , 03:19 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Xairon View Post
XPS Gen 4 - The XPS Gen 4 featured either a Intel 925XE Express or Intel 925X Express chipset with a Pentium 4 processor with Hyper-Threading technology and a 512 KB, 1 MB, or 2 MB cache. They supported up to 4GB of 400-MHz and 533-MHz DDR2 unbuffered SDRAM in four memory slots. The Gen four also featured an on board 10/100/1000 network interface controller, an 800-MHz or 1066-MHz system clock, one PCI-Express x16 video card slot, 4 PCI slots, and four Serial ATA 2.0 connectors.[8] It was powered by a 460 watt proprietary power supply and featured decorative LEDs on the front of the case that the user could change the colors of in the Bios.

^ Source - Wikipedia.

Only differences listed on my system are the upgrades in the OP.
In other words, you're on a old, store bought big box store pc, with a pentium 4, and a no name power supply. You had to use wikpedia cuz you don't even know how to check system info, or take the side panel off and tell us the amps on your psu.
And you're compalining about low fps...for some reason.

You guys can keep on thinking im a jerk, and a troll, I'll leave you now cuz you just don't seem to get it.

lunakatty's Avatar


lunakatty
12.19.2011 , 03:21 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Your_dominus View Post
In other words, you're on a old, store bought big box store pc, with a pentium 4, and a no name power supply. You had to use wikpedia cuz you don't even know how to check system info, or take the side panel off and tell us the amps on your psu.
And you're compalining about low fps...for some reason.

You guys can keep on thinking im a jerk, and a troll, I'll leave you now cuz you just don't seem to get it.
/golf clap
12/13 December crew! Better late than never

Breezer_'s Avatar


Breezer_
12.19.2011 , 03:25 AM | #18
Game is known to overheat systems. And your system doesnt cut it for SWTOR at all, requires as minimum dual core processor and P4 is not dual core. Although it has HT but SWTOR doesnt take any benefit from that.

So if you want to play SWTOR, you need to upgrade to dual core atleast. 8800GTS should run game on medium settings paired with strong dual core.

Xairon's Avatar


Xairon
12.19.2011 , 03:29 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Your_dominus View Post
In other words, you're on a old, store bought big box store pc, with a pentium 4, and a no name power supply. You had to use wikpedia cuz you don't even know how to check system info, or take the side panel off and tell us the amps on your psu.
And you're compalining about low fps...for some reason.

You guys can keep on thinking im a jerk, and a troll, I'll leave you now cuz you just don't seem to get it.
No, Im asking if I can get a better framerate by changing out my card, to run it without having to get a new system. Along the way of you stroking your Computer Skill Epeen, you managed to tangent from the actual premise of this post. Thank you for your lackluster generic "Upgrade Your PC" I was aware that option was on the Table.
Fable Herbkindle - Jedi Sage, Ajunta Pall
Founder, Collector's Edition
Forum Member: Nov. 2008

Sardeya's Avatar


Sardeya
12.19.2011 , 04:04 AM | #20
My rig;
Windows 7
i5 Quad Core
Gainward GeForce GTX 560Ti 2GB PhysX
6 GB DDR3 RAM

You can get all of this (including Win7) for less than 500 these days, probably even less.
And as other people have mentioned earlier in this thread, OP's computer just barely reaches the MINIMUM requirements to play the game.

Computers and technology requires better hardware to use better software. You can compare it to a jar of water. If you've got a big jar filled just a little bit, you can fling it around without spilling (High framerate), but if your jug fills up to the limit, it spills when you fling it (choppy framerate). And if your jug can't even contain all the water it needs to contain, it's useless (old computer).

Investing in a mid-range computer is not expensive, and well worth buying if you want a pleasant computing experience.