Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Leveling up too slow

aresnicCat
07.23.2012 , 08:15 AM | #1
Hello, I'm pretty new to the game and I don't think I am leveling up fast enough. For instance, I just hit level 22 but my story is taking me to Tatooine which recommends I be level 24. I Do all side quests and space battles but Its to not be enough. I don't do many group quests because I none of my friends have purchased the full game yet. Is there anyway I can level faster in order to keep up with the story line?

JediMasterBurst
07.23.2012 , 08:36 AM | #2
Usually if you did all the side quests at the level your suppose to do them at, you should be slightly over level, not under. You probably missed some parts of the Taris Quest (if Republic) or Balmorra (if Imperial). Also recommend doing some flashpoints and 1-49 PVP to make up the difference.
Website Mansurus Ordo Forums
Guild Co-Leader, Officer, Founder, Forum Administrator
Survivor of Beta Weekend # 3, 4, and 5

aresnicCat
07.23.2012 , 08:48 AM | #3
Ok ill head to taris thank you

Owsley
07.23.2012 , 08:51 AM | #4
Are you a stealth class? If you really did everything, you should be over leveled. If you stealth pass combat then you don't get all the XP that is possible. Also, be sure you are doing all the bonus quests that open up (kill x of y). Sometimes if you go right to the main objective, the bonus is cancelled. There are also the planet bonus series for Balmorra (Imp) and Taris(Rep). Be sure you didn't miss them.
"But war, organised war, is not a human instinct. It is a highly planned and co-operative form of theft."
Jacob Bronowski - The Ascent of Man

roblinb
07.23.2012 , 09:04 AM | #5
Yea man, you must have missed some stuff. Even if you're only playing solo and not doing Heroics you should be at least a level ahead of the minimum when you get to each planet. Maybe you overlooked something.

Have you used the group finder to do any flash points? That's a good way to get some experience and decent gear. Also, like you said, space missions are good for experience and also PvP warzones are decent.

Good luck

aresnicCat
07.23.2012 , 10:20 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Owsley View Post
Are you a stealth class? If you really did everything, you should be over leveled. If you stealth pass combat then you don't get all the XP that is possible. Also, be sure you are doing all the bonus quests that open up (kill x of y). Sometimes if you go right to the main objective, the bonus is cancelled. There are also the planet bonus series for Balmorra (Imp) and Taris(Rep). Be sure you didn't miss them.
Yes I am a jedi shadow so I do stealth past a lot of npcs when I dont want to confront them. I try to do bonus missions and right now im doing the Taris bonus series.

aresnicCat
07.23.2012 , 10:22 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by roblinb View Post
Yea man, you must have missed some stuff. Even if you're only playing solo and not doing Heroics you should be at least a level ahead of the minimum when you get to each planet. Maybe you overlooked something.

Have you used the group finder to do any flash points? That's a good way to get some experience and decent gear. Also, like you said, space missions are good for experience and also PvP warzones are decent.

Good luck
No I haven't used group finder... and this might sound dumb but are flash points like group missions?

Owsley
07.23.2012 , 10:43 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by aresnicCat View Post
No I haven't used group finder... and this might sound dumb but are flash points like group missions?
Most are, but the FP(2) can be done with you and your companion. FP(2+) can also be soloed if you are a few levels above it and properly geared, but it will be more of a challenge. FP(4) require multiple players.
"But war, organised war, is not a human instinct. It is a highly planned and co-operative form of theft."

aresnicCat
07.23.2012 , 11:42 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Owsley View Post
Most are, but the FP(2) can be done with you and your companion. FP(2+) can also be soloed if you are a few levels above it and properly geared, but it will be more of a challenge. FP(4) require multiple players.
So these FPs, are they the only way to get "properly geared"? Does gear include your weapon? Cause I have yet to find a good double sided lightsaber that I can modify

Owsley
07.23.2012 , 11:46 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by aresnicCat View Post
So these FPs, are they the only way to get "properly geared"? Does gear include your weapon? Cause I have yet to find a good double sided lightsaber that I can modify
No, you get decent loot drops from your class missions as well as others. You can also upgrade your mods with planet commendations. You should be looking for orange gear, on which you can upgrade the componants.. You can get a DB lightsaber (orange) from your capital world commendation vendor. All class weapons are available on this vendor. After you have an orange piece of equipment, buy upgraded mods on the GTN, craft them, or use your planetary commendation to purchase them. BTW when you selected your advance class, you should have recieved a modifiable DB lightsaber. I hope you didn't sell it.

At end game (lvl 50) HM FPs, Ops, and running Dailies are the really the only way to upgrade for PvE. While leveling, FPs are totaly optional, although they do drop good gear.