Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Redeem your product registration code

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Redeem your product registration code

skaidar
12.19.2011 , 02:55 AM | #1
I just received an email to redeem my product registration code... What is this, I can already play the game?
Also I cant choose a subscription because I have to redeem my code 1st...

Wooderon
12.19.2011 , 02:57 AM | #2
I'm confused too. I ordered a virtual copy from Origin and kept every email I got from them. I can't find the code anywhere. Do they send them out on the 20th or what?

HansMortis
12.19.2011 , 03:07 AM | #3
I'm in the same situation, never received an origin email with the code :S
[SENTENCIA]
:: PVP and PVE Sith Empire Guild ::

Mabro
12.19.2011 , 03:09 AM | #4
You'll probably receive them tommorow. I've got mine via box on 14th.
Bwarghhll !

Amarinth
12.19.2011 , 03:12 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by skaidar View Post
I just received an email to redeem my product registration code... What is this, I can already play the game?
You can already play right now if you are in early access, but later tonight (around 6pm CST / midnight GMT) the servers will go down and early access will end - shortly after this maintenance the game will "launch" and you'll need to enter a full product key (found in your game box or emailed to you by the digital copy retailer) and set up a subscription plan to continue playing.

There is however a 2 day grace period after this, so you can effectively continue playing with your current preorder account for another 2 days (up til the 22nd) before you are definitively cut off.

If you don't enter a full product code by this time (the 22nd), then you will be temporarily cut off from game access until you do add this code. Nothing will be deleted or lost though, it'll be there waiting for you until you can log in again.

Quote: Originally Posted by Wooderon View Post
I'm confused too. I ordered a virtual copy from Origin and kept every email I got from them. I can't find the code anywhere. Do they send them out on the 20th or what?
You should have gotten your full product code emailed to you already by the 16th. At least that's what I gathered from others who ordered through Origin.

You should probably check to see if you've been charged on the payment method you submitted for the preorder. If not there may have been insufficient funds or some other error and the order may be cancelled or pending.

If you have been charged and didn't receive an email (check your spam box!), AND if there's no way to look up your full product code through the Origin store/account page anywhere, then you need to contact Origin support and have them investigate or resend you the code, as you will need it to continue playing after the 22nd.
We all have our heroes. And when we watch them fall, we die inside...

Toccss
12.19.2011 , 03:13 AM | #6
Apparently they were sent to your e-mail on the 16th of December, i havnt recieved anything either but my wife and brother have, very odd indeed.

Toccs

likantrope
12.19.2011 , 02:59 PM | #7
those who preordered on the origin applycation , go to the preorder history and u can see the code there , u wrote in the "preorder code" first time but know u should write in the normal game code

tricksterbro
12.19.2011 , 03:04 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by skaidar View Post
You can only play the game until the Head Start finishes, to play further you have to redeem your product registration code and add a payment method, the email was only a reminder to input your code before the headstart ends tomorrow or after the grace period expires whenever it does on Thursday, hopefully you'll have recieved your code by then if you haven't already

sagittairre
12.19.2011 , 03:04 PM | #9
Same issue. I check my EA account and those no order information at all for the game. My account on the TOR site says I have the pre-order and am good to play but when I go to setup a subscription it tells me I need to enter a redemption code....
Flying is easy. You just throw yourself at the ground and miss

Eclypz
12.19.2011 , 03:11 PM | #10
I haven't received a code, either. They better be sending it. I contacted Origin and they said to contact SWTOR and SWTOR right now doesn't have phone support so I had to fill out the web form and pray for a response back. :-\