Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

game is crashed after one hour of plaing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
game is crashed after one hour of plaing
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ahaya
07.23.2012 , 03:19 AM | #1
Hi
I've bought new computer and now i can not play with swtor longer then 1 hour. after that time game is totally crash (grey, black or orange screen and trash in speakers) and only hard reset can help to run computer.
please help me how solve that problem. i am plaing with that game since january and after patch 1.2 i've got the same problem on my old computer. I've bought this new one computer 5 days ago.
here is my dxdiag
Spoiler

PLEASE HELP ME I love this game and i don't wan't to resign of it.

This post has been edited to include spoiler tags. – CS Forum Team

Bronholz
07.23.2012 , 09:17 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Ahaya,

Can you please try running the Repair function from the launcher, this will check for and repair any corruptions in your game files. You can find this by logging into the launcher and clicking the cog icon.

Please can you also go to Windows Update(either through the Control Panel or by typing it into the start menu), check for an download any available updates from here.

Please also make sure that you have the latest available Graphics card and Chipset drivers.

If you are overclocking anything, or if you have changed your RAM voltage settings in the system BIOS, please reset them back to their default settings. If possible find, download and run the appropriate CPU and GPU temperature monitoring software for your computer and see if you can observe what happens the CPU and GPU before a crash.

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

Ahaya
07.23.2012 , 10:22 AM | #3
hi
I have last version of bios , graphic driver and cpu (download yesterday when i install system)
Temperature was appr. 55 deg on GPU and 47 on CPU (speedfan readings)
About overlocking ; i've got 7850 OC graphic (overlocked by manufacturer) - then what ? schould i change original parameters (now is 975/1200) ?
regards
Ahaya

Bronholz
07.23.2012 , 10:55 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks for that information Ahaya.

As the overclock was by manufacturer, that is fine and not an issue.

I'd like you to try a few diagnostic tools for me. First of all to make sure there isn't an issue with your memory can you please run Memtest86+ a minimum of 6 times.

I would also like you to run CHKDSK(you can find this using the start menu search).

Please can you do the above and then report back with the results.

Thanks for your patience.

Ahaya
07.23.2012 , 02:31 PM | #5
hi
i have made memory test and it was ok . memory is ok
i made chdsk and window only flash. i think it is mean is ok ?
regards

Bronholz
07.23.2012 , 04:14 PM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks for trying that for me.

For further assistance in this, I'm going to ask you to please contact our Technical Support team.

You can contact them through a mail to support@swtor.com or by calling the numbers below:
Spoiler

First though, I'd like you to go to the game files, by default you will find them here:
  • Windows 64-bit: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic
  • Windows 32-bit: “C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic
Here you will find a tool name 'launcherdiag.exe' this will collect together your DxDiag, MSINFO and pack them into a .tgz file.

After running the application you will see a new file called “diag<number>.tgz”(“<number>” will be replaced with an actual number) in your SWTOR folder.

Please can you attach this file in a mail to the support address(support@swtor.com) with a description of the issue and all the troubleshooting steps that you have tried. Doing so should expedite your case, as we will not need to come back with a request for this information.

Our technical support team will be able to provide you with more in-depth troubleshooting and hopefully be able to pin point the issue.

Thanks for your patience in this matter.

Ahaya
07.23.2012 , 05:15 PM | #7
hi
thx for explanation, i will do that.
meantime i reduce cloak in my graphic card from 975 to 920 and i was able to play constantly over 3 hours .
maybe reduction of manufacturer overlocking will help me play normally ? we will see. if not, i will contact with Technical support department.
regards

dvrocc
07.23.2012 , 07:31 PM | #8
Hi, still having your issues or they some what sorted? if not I highly recomend you try the settings in Step 1 below and see if that helps you, thiat step will will sort a lot of those screen issues you have.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=114264

Ahaya
07.24.2012 , 11:12 AM | #9
hi
i have got still problem with a freeze/crash (after 2,5 h of play) i will try this method and i will give you now.
thx for advice.

Ahaya
07.24.2012 , 12:29 PM | #10
nothing help - 1 hour graphic crash / freeze - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr