Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dealing With Your Opposites

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Dealing With Your Opposites

Highborne
08.05.2012 , 12:07 PM | #11
An interesting question.

My LS Mercenary deals with Gault by sharing a low sense of humour and a high love of money. He deals with Skadge by looking for the (few) redeeming traits Skadge has (honour, care for his own - these come into evidence in his companion conversations) and generally keeping him on the ship where he can't do much harm. As a Lawful Good character once remarked of a Chaotic Evil teammate, "it's like a work-release program".

My LS Sorcerer deals with Khem by keeping him firmly in line (the alternative is to wait for Khem to either leave or try to kill him), with Andronikos as a battle-buddy (little does Nikos know that Sorc-boy is lusting after him) and with Xalek in a kind, but firm, Master-student relationship.

My DS Marauder deals with Vette by making sure she's not around whenever he has to kick a puppy. He prefers to go out fighting with Quinn, anyway - the heals are nice, and it's always possible that Quinn might catch a fatal shot. We can but dream.

BradTheImpaler
08.06.2012 , 05:48 PM | #12
My only complete 'opposite' is Scorpio. My IA Sniper just ignores her, because the game wouldn't let me destroy her.

I leave her on the ship, and still have negative affection points with her.
In the Imperial Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.

Kikilicious
08.06.2012 , 08:38 PM | #13
For my BH, it goes like this:

Mako is like a little sister to her. Sweet, but also fiesty. They get along great; they tease one another all the time.
Gault is such a smart ***. Asania loves it. They joke and clown around at times, but can have a serious talk once in a while. She appreciates it immensely.
Torian is the love of her life. I'm trying to come up with a haedcanon about how they finally got together (like, her parents force her into an arranged marriage to keep her brother alive, as he is force sensitive and the Chiss nromally disapprove). Either way, they're both powerful Mandalorians, in both physicality and love for one another.
Blizz is the cutest thing ever. He is the baby of the group. Everyone is nice to him, and they get along swimmingly
Skadge is the one who Asania used to have issues with. Since he is overly violent, it took the crew a while to get used to him. He's loyal, Asania gives him that. They get along okay, but they butt heads.

I haven't met all the warrior companions yet, so I maybe will update this later
Asania Tapfer'keit : Chiss : Bounty Hunter : Powertech

bright_ephemera
08.06.2012 , 09:15 PM | #14
Uggh. My hardcore mercenary smuggler deals with Corso by insulting him when he insists on talking and avoiding him the rest of the time. She grudgingly tolerates Bowdaar. At least he appreciates good business most of the time.

My LS warrior just ignores Broonmark. No reason to take him out unless there's killing to do. Honestly, I would've rejected his service if I could've.

My Agent indulges Kaliyo when he can, because hey, she's funny, but he simply smacks her bad-for-the-Empire ideas down. Then sleeps with her to make it up to her. We have a good "amusedly tolerant" vibe.

My Inquisitor ignores Ashara. Her conversations are bewildering because at some point she decided I was a reasonable human (Pureblood?) being and started talking accordingly, so I kind of smile and nod because I have no idea what she's talking about. My brutal DS lady actually changes her ways to accommodate Talos, because he's just that damn adorable.

My pure-LS Knight respects Lord Scourge. And lays off the Jedi preaching, trying instead to genuinely engage with him. I'd like to corrupt him to my side as much as he would like to corrupt me. Meanwhile, as a very serious kind of guy, my Knight gets along with Doc because we're both very interested in preserving life. I still feel dirty agreeing with him; he's so slimy he actually manages to taint things like "rescuing orphans" and "saving planets from blowing up."
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Vesaniae
08.07.2012 , 07:38 AM | #15
Ooh, interesting question!

My SW's attitude can basically be summed up as, "I kill all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but I don't kill all of the people all of the time." Thus, most of the disagreement with her policies come from Vette, Jaesa when she's having a DS day, Pierce, and Broonmark.

...wait a minute, that's everyone but Quinn. Oh, well.

My SW handles any such disagreements with either a reasoned explanation (Vette, Jaesa) or a glare and a reminder that "I am the Sith here and you will do what I say." (Pierce, Broonmark) If that's not enough, there's always the Pureblood racial...

My SI, being the darkest of all my characters, gets along well with most of the crew. As for Ashara, I just pretend that
Spoiler

As far as Talos goes, well, I think bright_ephemera said it best:
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
My brutal DS lady actually changes her ways to accommodate Talos, because he's just that damn adorable.
Yeah. I think he's the only person that my SI goes out of her way to be genuinely nice to.

My IA started out neutral and then took a plunge over the DS cliff at the end of chapter one. It only got worse from there. She also remained pro-Empire, despite...certain plot events. If anyone objects to her actions, she tends to ignore them. The only person whose opinion actually matters to her is Vector, and they've pretty much agreed to disagree on the whole killing people thing. Love doesn't always make sense.
Serence Legacy Ebon Hawk
There's always lightning.

Evgen
08.09.2012 , 07:27 PM | #16
Give them lots of presents they like, and have them perpetually on crew missions?
Thought this was the default answer XD

bobmcbo
08.10.2012 , 08:53 AM | #17
My assassin is (mostly) lightside, and despises most other sith. The only time Khem seems to get along with me is when I kill other sith.
.never forget

RCcarroll
08.10.2012 , 10:11 AM | #18
Hm. My Knight rarely agrees with Scourge or Sergeant Rusk (Scourge moreso) but still respects them. They don't spend a ton of time with each other anyway so it's not a huge deal. He tries to persuade Rusk away from his ways but doesn't even bother with Scourge.
The Dracon Legacy

Posted by the man known as Valtor Dracon before server transfers.

epicfear
08.10.2012 , 11:06 AM | #19
My LS sith warrior gets along fine with vette and jaesa. He has a few disagreements with peirce and broonmark, but keeps them around because theyr'e useful. (peirce because he keeps quinn in line, and broonmark because his loyalty is to me, not the empire)

He does enjoy insulting that idiot moff that ruined quinn's career though.
Copy this signature if you believe Timothy Zahn should take over the Star Wars EU

Striges
08.10.2012 , 02:42 PM | #20
Iíve only had a couple that were real opposites.

My LS agent despises Kaliyo, to the point where Iíve headcannoned that, using Lokinís medical expertise Vectorís Killik pheromones, (story spoilers)
Spoiler
sheís brainwashed into being at least semi-loyal. Sheís still a anarchist nut, but sheís my anarchist nut. Thatís got to be a fate worse than death to someone with her personality. Donít have SCORPIO yet though so I canít comment on her.

My DS warrior, on the other hand, gets along fine with Vette. He wasnít always DS, so he liked Vette in the beginning. Later she became the voice of his conscience, and finally, more like a child. An indulged niece. Such quaint notions, you go right on believing the galaxy works that way, dear. We grownups know better, but I wonít burst your bubble. And no, he didnít romance her.