Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This is why GW2 will take most of your subscribers away

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
This is why GW2 will take most of your subscribers away

Helig
07.23.2012 , 01:46 AM | #41
GW2 doesn't really seem to be an MMO in a usual sense. Got bored with the frist game pretty quickly, wil likely get bored with the second game just as fast.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Dmasterr
07.23.2012 , 01:58 AM | #42
Propaganda thread is propaganda.

Luciferhawke
07.23.2012 , 02:06 AM | #43
GW2 pvp is boring and confusing.

see you there!

vimm
07.23.2012 , 02:13 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Crawelc View Post
He brought it up, I was just laughing about it. see the 2 sabers in my sig
They're pretty (:
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

Gnugthreeonefive
07.23.2012 , 02:21 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by antmag View Post
I'm on SW from the start, but 1 week at GW2 was enough to realise HOW POOR your pvp is!
I don't know what to say, other than I find GW2's pvp .... bad, while SWTOR's simply rocks. The ice skating sensation is especially off-putting.

DarthMaulUK
07.23.2012 , 02:43 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Blasphemerr View Post
GW2;pvp requires no leveling or character progression ... that's going to overtake swtor;pvp? Keep dreaming because as much as you hate the twinkie that sob tastes great.
Actually you do gain experience during PvP and pick up tokens (in World v World) that can be exchanged for weapons or blueprints for defence structures.

The one thing that seperates SWTOR pvp from GW2 pvp is the word FUN. Because of Biowares outdated cloning facilities on the planet Blizzard, PvP is such a grind fest and thats the reason why its littered with quitters. GW2 has put the fun back in PvP - no coms to collect, no stupid gear grind - FUN. It reminds me of Star Wars Galaxies PvP at launch.

Ghostuka
07.23.2012 , 02:53 AM | #47
So... What you are saying is... if you replace the commendations with tokens... . the gear grind is gone! Magic. I wonder how BW could not figure this out... huh.. go figure...
Knn - Tards - Gn
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Drinking game: Take one shot if you take my post seriously
Take two if you don't.

TheronFett
07.23.2012 , 03:10 AM | #48
I look forward to GW2 coming out. It will purge the PvP queue of several FOTM gamers, who inevitably move on to the "next big thing" coming out.

Buh-bye.

DarthMaulUK
07.23.2012 , 04:22 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghostuka View Post
So... What you are saying is... if you replace the commendations with tokens... . the gear grind is gone! Magic. I wonder how BW could not figure this out... huh.. go figure...
No. GW 2 pvp requires zero gear grind. The tokens can be exchanged for blue prints for Arrow carts, and other defences. They also can be purchased for small amounts of cash instead.

Believe it or not, there was a time that people would pvp just for the FUN of it, without a requirement to be given something in return.

TKMaster
07.23.2012 , 04:27 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by sauerkraut View Post
If what I heard is true about GW2 there will be no gear grinding and PvP will be strictly skill based. I would go there in an eye-blink if it was not an idiotic cartoon style MMO, but our PvP rejects will be back in a week.
That'll keep 99% of mmo pvp'ers away real damn fast.
Pyrotechnic - BH / Powertech
Ariss - Agent / Op
Lord Monger - Sith Inquisitor / Sorc
Darth Wraithus - Sith Warrior / Jugg