Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Launcher Won't Open

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AcidWashAvenger
07.23.2012 , 08:45 AM | #11
I had high hopes for this one, Zorano, but it didn't change my situation at all. Thanks for the info, though. I've already opened a support ticket, but no response as yet.

Quote: Originally Posted by zorano View Post
I received an email from Customer Support with the following suggestion:

Please reset your internet explorer as per this link:-

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Open your Control Panel
Select Internet Options
Click on the Connections Tab
At the bottom please open the LAN settings

Please ensure that no setting in there is currently ticked, if so please uncheck the box and save the changes.

Once the above has been complete please try launching the game again.

This seems to have worked! I am now downloading the game.
It is odd as I do not even use Internet Explorer... but as long as it works, I'm happy.
I did not made a new admin account.

I suggest you submit a ticket via the website http://www.swtor.com/support/form, Acid.
They will reply and ask you to run a LauncherDiag to see exactly what your problem is.

I appreciate all the help here Sutii!!
Prompt and kind customer service is a big factor in whether I will continue to invest in a game.
Thank you!

Cerimon
07.23.2012 , 08:52 AM | #12 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings AcidWashAvenger,

Please add your Dxdiag, MsInfo and most recent Launcher log file to your support request ticket. This will allow us to effectively diagnose your Launcher issue. Hopefully we can get you back in-game quickly.

Please see this post for information on retrieving your Dxdiag and Launcher log: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=83908

To obtain the MSinfo file, please use the following link: http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/2032

We apologize for any inconvenience caused

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

AcidWashAvenger
07.23.2012 , 09:05 AM | #13
Thanks for the info, Cerimon. I'm essentially opening a new ticket, because I can't find where I have an open one? As well, I'm just putting these out there as text, because I have no ability to attach files. Is that the right call? This support system is different than I am used to. Thanks for your help!

Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post

Please add your Dxdiag, MsInfo and most recent Launcher log file to your support request ticket. This will allow us to effectively diagnose your Launcher issue. Hopefully we can get you back in-game quickly.

Please see this post for information on retrieving your Dxdiag and Launcher log: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=83908

To obtain the MSinfo file, please use the following link: http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/2032

We apologize for any inconvenience caused

AcidWashAvenger
07.23.2012 , 09:10 AM | #14
O foulest of ironies! I am unable to post my ticket. "An error has occured. Please try again later."

Any ideas?

AcidWashAvenger
07.23.2012 , 09:15 AM | #15
And trying and failing to send a ticket counts against my "three per hour" limitation.

Cerimon
07.23.2012 , 09:16 AM | #16 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  

Please send a regular email detailing the issue and any troubleshooting attempted to support@swtor.com

That way you will be able to attach the requested files rather than paste their contents. The MsInfo file can be huge so it is best to attach it as a text file.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

AcidWashAvenger
07.23.2012 , 09:19 AM | #17
Many thanks, Cerimon! This is the first day I've had to troubleshoot, so thank you for your swift replies. Will send that e-mail out presently.

Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post

Please send a regular email detailing the issue and any troubleshooting attempted to support@swtor.com

That way you will be able to attach the requested files rather than paste their contents. The MsInfo file can be huge so it is best to attach it as a text file.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Nerfherd
07.23.2012 , 05:33 PM | #18
Hey AcidWash,
one thing to try is go to the \Windows\SysWOW64 folder and see if there is a file libcef.dll
If there is, try remaning it. This file and some others get left behind by the launcher writing into a system folder it should never touch. If you have an old one there it will screw up the new launcher.

Not sure if this is your problem but it fixed the launcher crash for a few people at least.

Not sure why this has not been added to the FAQ, I guess it woudl be an admission of poor coding.

RgrHills
07.25.2012 , 01:18 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Sutii View Post
Hello again zorano,

Could you please try the following for me:
  1. Open 'Control Panel'
  2. Select 'Network and Internet'
  3. Click on 'Internet Options'
  4. Open the 'Connections' Tab in the window that opened
  5. Click on 'LAN settings' near the bottom of the window
  6. Ensure that 'Automatically detect settings' is deselected in the window that pops up
  7. Click 'OK' to close both windows and save the setting
After doing this could you please try to run the Launcher again.

Let us know if this resolves your issue or if you require further assistance.

Thanks.

Been trying for about 3 hours = this fixed it thank god for you mate! It was registered to my work;s network - saved the day - hope they give medals to service droids where you are based! gj

Sutii
07.25.2012 , 02:02 PM | #20 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by RgrHills View Post
Been trying for about 3 hours = this fixed it thank god for you mate! It was registered to my work;s network - saved the day - hope they give medals to service droids where you are based! gj
That's great to hear RgrHills, if we can help you with anything else please let us know.

Take care and have fun playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support