Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Canon ten most powerful Jedi and Sith.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Canon ten most powerful Jedi and Sith.

Aurbere
11.23.2012 , 05:06 PM | #191
Quote: Originally Posted by Airmo View Post
I wonder how Malak ate.. I guess he must have..

*Sunglasses*

Forced food down his throat
Probably feeding tubes, as that is how Vader was supplemented. He probably lived off of a liquid diet, probably some applesauce too.

He probably was forced to gain sustenance in the same way as Vader, as Malak was like the Vader of KOTOR.

Although that is a good joke!
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

MasterMe
11.23.2012 , 05:52 PM | #192
Quote: Originally Posted by Airmo View Post
I wonder how Malak ate.. I guess he must have..

*Sunglasses*

Forced food down his throat
LOL!

You sir are hilarious!

Andge
11.23.2012 , 06:00 PM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Let's compare Revan with Mace Windu, then we can make our predictions.

Mace Windu:
Second-best Lightsaber duelist in the Jedi Order, second only to Yoda. Mastered all seven forms and created Vaapad. Bested Darth Sidious in a Lightsaber duel. Mace Windu is a strong candidate for Top 5 Duelists.
Shatterpoint
Force Crush
Force Choke
One of the most powerful Jedi of his time. Mace Windu is one of the few members of his Order that can stand amongst the Jedi of the New Jedi Order.

Revan:
Second-best Lightsaber duelist of his time, with great skill with the Lightsaber.
One of the most powerful Force-users of his time. He has some tough competition with Surik, Kun, Traya, Nihilus and others.
Tutaminis
Exotic powers
Some Dark Side abilities, but mainly uses Jedi powers.

Overall, we could say that they are equivalent in status for their times. Not equivalent in skill or power, but in where they stand for their time. This type of comparison shows that Luke and Yoda are of comparable status as they are both Grandmasters of their Orders, but Luke is the better Jedi.

Victory points to Mace Windu on this one.
It's been raised hundreds of times that there is a definite possibility that Sidious let himself lose to Mace, simply to use that to push Anakin towards the dark side. As you said yourself, Mace is supposed to be second to Yoda. Dear Yoda, who was pushed back and fled his duel with Sidius. This only makes the speculation that Sidious lost on purpose to Mace come credible.
This questions the greatest of Mace's feats on your list.
Guess your love for hating Revan didn't have anything to do with you casually ignoring that? XD

All in all, I'll say at least your tenacity earns you a Top 5 spot in this week's The-More-I-Can-Show-I'm-Above-Thinking-That-Revan-Is-As-Powerful-As-People-Think-The-More-Superior-My-Intellect-Will-Seem-competition.

Rayla_Felana
11.23.2012 , 06:04 PM | #194
Quote: Originally Posted by Andge View Post
It's been raised hundreds of times that there is a definite possibility that Sidious let himself lose to Mace, simply to use that to push Anakin towards the dark side. As you said yourself, Mace is supposed to be second to Yoda. Dear Yoda, who was pushed back and fled his duel with Sidius. This only makes the speculation that Sidious lost on purpose to Mace come credible.
Guess your love for hating Revan didn't have anything to do with you casually ignoring that? XD
Or it's because Lucas himself confirmed in the commentary that Windu defeated Sidious cleanly in the duel.

Aurbere
11.23.2012 , 06:14 PM | #195

All in all, I'll say at least your tenacity earns you a Top 5 spot in this week's The-More-I-Can-Show-I'm-Above-Thinking-That-Revan-Is-As-Powerful-As-People-Think-The-More-Superior-My-Intellect-Will-Seem-competition.
Except Lucas said Mace beat Sidious. Soooo... yeah.

Troll attempt=failed
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Andge
11.23.2012 , 06:17 PM | #196
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Or it's because Lucas himself confirmed in the commentary that Windu defeated Sidious cleanly in the duel.
In which commentary does Lucas confirm that Windu defeated Sidious cleanly in the duel? Upper hand is not the same as defeating.

Aurbere
11.23.2012 , 06:19 PM | #197
In which commentary does Lucas confirm that Windu defeated Sidious cleanly in the duel? Upper hand is not the same as defeating.
ROTS commentary. And since Palpatine was sitting on his butt cowering in a corner, I'd say Mace Windu won.

Andge
11.23.2012 , 06:21 PM | #198
ROTS commentary. And since Palpatine was sitting on his butt cowering in a corner, I'd say Mace Windu won.
God you two are a joke! XD

There; http://www.swtor.com/de/community/sh...d.php?t=499124
Good read a nice comment on the Mace - Sidious duel.

And stop presenting speculations as if they were facts! It doesn't support your biased claims. On the contrary, it undermines your credibility even further.

Andge
11.23.2012 , 06:22 PM | #199
Except Lucas said Mace beat Sidious. Soooo... yeah.

Troll attempt=failed
He did not say that. Read my comment above.

So, ditto, my little troll

Aurbere
11.23.2012 , 06:29 PM | #200
God you two are a joke! XD

There; http://www.swtor.com/de/community/sh...d.php?t=499124
Good read a nice comment on the Mace - Sidious duel.

And stop presenting speculations as if they were facts! It doesn't support your biased claims. On the contrary, it undermines your credibility even further.
No need to insult others. Who's the real joke?

Mace Windu won the duel. Sidious was on the ground, defeated. It doesn't matter if he was holding back or not. He was defeated.

This may be Mace Windu's greatest feat, but why argue against it to support Revan. Revan would never touch Sidious or Mace Windu in skill.