Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Only a single instance can run at a time error.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Only a single instance can run at a time error.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

gamerphreak
07.22.2012 , 12:58 PM | #1
I keep getting this error where when I start the launcher it says "Launcher updating..." , then it closes and has "Only a single instance can run at a time" , I've done EVERYTHING the Moderators have said to try and fix it and nothing has worked. Thanks for wasting half of my subscription .

Bronholz
07.22.2012 , 01:03 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings gamerphreak,

I know you have stated that you have followed all the steps, but just to confirm have you done the following:

Go to this location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic

Here, you should find a folder called 'Patch', delete this.

Then run FixLauncher.exe (also in the above location) and then run the Launcher again.

If not please could you try this for me, you may also wish to try getting a fresh copy of the launcher from here.

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

albertozv
07.24.2012 , 04:45 PM | #3
Exactly the same thing is happening to me. And i did all the steps you wrote in the thread.

Ratae
07.25.2012 , 02:55 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello albertozv,

Could you please attempt the following? - rename the launcher file to launcherabc.exe and then run the fixlauncher.exe, also please make sure you run the game as an administrator.

If this does not help, could you please post your DxDiag and full latest launcher log and we will try to help you further?

Please see this thread for information on how to obtain these logs.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

albertozv
07.26.2012 , 09:26 AM | #5
I solved the issue downloading the "setup.exe", here in the official SWTOR page. After downloading and installing it, i have played with no problems.

Cerimon
07.26.2012 , 10:13 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings albertozv,

We are glad you have resolved the issue. Please post again should you need assistance in future.

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

albertozv
07.31.2012 , 10:53 AM | #7
After today's patch, again the same problem, and this time running the "setup.exe" wont fix it.

marney
07.31.2012 , 11:24 AM | #8
I'm also getting the same error when the launcher tries to update. I've tried to run the setup again but to no avail and it's really frustrating!

Cwiver
07.31.2012 , 11:24 AM | #9
I can also add that I have this error - I have followed all steps including renaming the launcher to launcherabc.exe

Shai-Huluud
07.31.2012 , 11:25 AM | #10
same problem and tried all the steps above
Neil.
RIP SWG - Jonni Mnemonic (Bria)