Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"because your bad"- it's not an argument

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
"because your bad"- it's not an argument

vimm
07.22.2012 , 05:28 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Twor View Post
C'mon not everyone has english as their native language. I wouldn't call you out if you'd make some mistakes while communicating in german with me either
I wouldn't use German to communicate.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

vimm
07.22.2012 , 05:32 AM | #72
To the OP,

How about "Because you're* bad"

Is that better?
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

Elear
07.22.2012 , 06:05 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by DaedalusV View Post
The OP is 100% correct. there is a fallacy in logical arguments that is used constantly on these forums. L2P = Argumentum ad hominem =/= a logical rebuttal.
Ao you're saying that no matter what problems people have, source of those problems never lies between chair and keyboard? That's very interesting opinion.

Elkirin
07.22.2012 , 06:15 AM | #74
I have great faith in humanity, not that forums have much to do with humanity.

darksidechemist
07.22.2012 , 08:08 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by FodderofCannon View Post
I understand a lot of you kids have never gone to college or studied any form of logical thinking, so maybe you think this is actually a reasonble argument. I mean the motivation for someone posting is imporatant right? They are bad so they complain about something. You think because they have motivation to post something that invalidates their opinon.

NO. Just no. Their motivation is irrelevant to the argument they use. It is the evidence that they present that matters. So even if you could prove they are the worst player on the planet; IT STILL WOULD NOT MATTER. It is the evidence they present in their argument that matters, you have to deal with that: not "if they are bad or not".

In logic this is what we call argument ad hominem, or "attack of the person". I know politicians do it all the time, I know in grade 6 school yard they do it, it is used all the time, but in LOGIC it is a fallacy.

Any time you use it: You FAIL.

http://philosophy.lander.edu/logic/person.html
A very long winded way to say that anyone that disagrees with you is wrong. Please shorten it up a bit in the future.

Slamuel
07.22.2012 , 08:16 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by FodderofCannon View Post
Also you just attacked my person, where I did not attack yours.

See the difference?
Well, It seems that he was not attacking your person, just calling you on a lack of evidence, which you already suggested doing previously in your post.
Copy this signature if you believe Timothy Zahn should take over the EU.

Kehtal
07.22.2012 , 08:34 AM | #77
Quite the elaborate troll. Good job!
Windforce
Kiavi (retired)
<S Key>

mortatoe
07.22.2012 , 08:34 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by kjkdollarbanny View Post
i completed university. and now im engeneer(not kinda useless guy like most nowadays)
and "you are bad" is a good argument, when you know something, but dont want to bother yourself explaining it to a guy who not deserves to know truth.
Its like with resolve system: it works, but some guys have no brains to understand how.
why need i bother explaining?
But why would someone bother to reply "L2P" or the equivilent (incorrect spelling) when they have better things to do?

Kehtal
07.22.2012 , 08:38 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by vimm View Post
To the OP,

How about "Because you're* bad"

Is that better?
You clearly never went to college.
Windforce
Kiavi (retired)
<S Key>

Talsyrius
07.22.2012 , 09:01 AM | #80
I must say this thread is very interesting, and I am surprised that the OP hasn't commented on a couple of things.
First off, the "You're bad" reply to someones post is usually used in order to discredit the person rather then actually replying to the thread. It is kind of like when Rita's mother from the TV series Dexter tell her son: "Dexter does drugs, he is wrong". Although both the statement and the conclusion might be correct, one does not validate the other.

Which brings us to next point, all the complaining about the OP's condescending tone of the first post, his spelling and whatnot, is a perfect example of someone who try to discredit the person rather then replying to what he actually said.

Third, logic and spelling are two separate fields, where one is universal, and the other is local, so just because someone, like me, don't speak English as a first language, doesn't mean that their knowledge about logic, or any other matter for that matter ( ), is any less valid then someone who lives in england/US.
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
Assassins use Jedi mind tricks to deflect blame to other classes to avoid getting nerfed.

Those aren't the DPS you're looking for.