Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"because your bad"- it's not an argument

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
"because your bad"- it's not an argument

FodderofCannon
07.21.2012 , 05:18 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Gidoru View Post
Its called hypocracy.
It's "it's" wise guy.
Learn to Think
L2T

FodderofCannon
07.21.2012 , 05:21 PM | #22
Its called hypocracy.
Also it's spelled : hypocrisy
Learn to Think
L2T

Gidoru
07.21.2012 , 05:21 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by FodderofCannon View Post
Yet it's spelling and grammar. Not logic. Also notice the quotes.
Spelling and grammar are things someone who is educated and has gone to college should quite adept at. Particularly given that the difference between your and you're is something you should have learned before high school.

Please continue thinking yourself brilliant because you have taken possible 1 or 2 Philosphy courses. Judging by the fact you cannot spell, it must not have been a very good college.

Rompdomp
07.21.2012 , 05:21 PM | #24
I understand a lot of you kids have never gone to college or studied any form of logical thinking, so maybe you think this is actually a reasonble argument. I mean the motivation for someone posting is imporatant right? They are bad so they complain about something. You think because they have motivation to post something that invalidates their opinon.

NO. Just no. Their motivation is irrelevant to the argument they use. It is the evidence that they present that matters. So even if you could prove they are the worst player on the planet; IT STILL WOULD NOT MATTER. It is the evidence they present in their argument that matters, you have to deal with that: not "if they are bad or not".

In logic this is what we call argument ad hominem, or "attack of the person". I know politicians do it all the time, I know in grade 6 school yard they do it, it is used all the time, but in LOGIC it is a fallacy.

Any time you use it: You FAIL.

http://philosophy.lander.edu/logic/person.html
Man this made me laugh, how about you put that philosophy major to better use than arguing on the SWTOR PVP forums.... oh wait.....

FodderofCannon
07.21.2012 , 05:23 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Rompdomp View Post
Man this made me laugh, how about you put that philosophy major to better use than arguing on the SWTOR PVP forums.... oh wait.....
What else is there to do with a philosophy major??
Learn to Think
L2T

Gidoru
07.21.2012 , 05:25 PM | #26
Also it's spelled : hypocrisy
Pretty substantial difference between making a typo and error of a single letter while thinking of something else and not knowing the difference your and you're.

Also a pretty substanial difference between you and i given that you are calling people uneducated and then showing yourself to be. Whereas i have not done the same.

Rompdomp
07.21.2012 , 05:25 PM | #27
What else is there to do with a philosophy major??
Become a stripper

FodderofCannon
07.21.2012 , 05:27 PM | #28
Spelling and grammar are things someone who is educated and has gone to college should quite adept at. Particularly given that the difference between your and you're is something you should have learned before high school.

Please continue thinking yourself brilliant because you have taken possible 1 or 2 Philosphy courses. Judging by the fact you cannot spell, it must not have been a very good college.
How am I somehow thinking myself brilliant because I know about arugment ad hom??? Did I say this?? Like ever?? lol. Dude, just relax.

I am not brilliant, but I do know about a BASIC fallacy. Why isn't it that you don't agree with me?

I don't get it.
Learn to Think
L2T

FodderofCannon
07.21.2012 , 05:28 PM | #29
Pretty substantial difference between making a typo and error of a single letter while thinking of something else and not knowing the difference your and you're.

Also a pretty substanial difference between you and i given that you are calling people uneducated and then showing yourself to be. Whereas i have not done the same.
Who have I called uneducated?

People in general?? lol. Fair much?
Learn to Think
L2T

mortatoe
07.21.2012 , 05:30 PM | #30
Even if I fail at one argument (who hasn't failed in one argument?) which I did not here, would not mean I fail at argumentation in general. This is equivalent to saying if someone makes a mistake they always make mistakes. This would be another fallacy called: slippery slope fallacy.

See no Latin.
I always thought the slippery slope fallacy was that "if you allow X then this will lead to Y" in situations where X does not lead to Y.
Specifically when X is something unimportant or acceptable and Y is something much more important and less acceptable.

I do however accept your OP as replying with L2P is lazy. The reply should of course be pointing out the abilities available to avoid getting roflstomped.