Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lost Island Boss Tactics

LeDogg
07.21.2012 , 12:44 PM | #1
So. here thought about making this thread. Everyone interested could post their little hints and tricks here or ask about something.

I would start with few hints and tricks of my own.

1st boss. That giant droid all of you probably hate, who has caused u great harm in the past!
My vision how to do him with all the melee's in group:
First of all. NO fear! he is easy for melee. Every1 stack behind him and tank starts kiting him from 1 corner to the other. (which way u do it is up to you) Every1 nukes, healer heals etc. the thing is to interrupt any incinerate u see! marauders, sentinels, juggernauts and guardians you guys are best at interrupting so its your job to do it. when you see aoe planted to the ground near you....start running really fast to the next designated corner and do it fast enough so you dont take damage from the aoe. that includes tank. Now when boss casts incinerate during that time when you need to run. 1 of you! marauders, sentinels, juggernauts or guardians just leap to the boss!!! yes u will take abit of damage from the aoe that boss put down under him where he stands, but its not that bad that u should fear it. Just leap and interrupt and everything gonna be fine. boss gonna run to tank and u can continue beating him.
Everything else boss does is irrelevant so you can just ignore it and nuke the boss(that includes adds). Alltho if tank gets some time to look around he could shoot something or taunt them 1 or 2 ranged adds out there so they wont shoot the healer.

Anyway thats my way of doing it and it becomes pretty simple like this. Your thoughts and ideas are welcome!

xJACKTHERIPPERx
07.21.2012 , 07:54 PM | #2
I'll start by saying I've done this multiple times as Tank, Healer and DPS, so I've been able to see it from all different points of view.
Trash
One thing I've noticed about the trash, although not necessary, is to CC the security droids because of the scorch shot that they do. It acts like a mini Incinerate, and can really eat through a group if it hits too many people. It's a little thing, but when you have 1 or 2 agents/marauders who can slice them, its really no trouble to do, and really makes things a lot smoother...but trying to get a marauder to help the group and be a team player might be more of a challange than 2 manning Toth and Zorn in level 49 greens lol. (also, obviously, kill the utility droids first, and watch AoE's for the observation probes)
LR-5 Sentinel
As for the first boss, aside from what OP mentioned, remember that operative/merc healers can cleanse incinerate, so if your tank misses an interrupt, cleanse it asap, especially if 2 or more stacks. Really, the most important thing about this fight is for the group to avoid taking as much damage as they can. A bit here and there isnt bad, but when people have the reaction time of a potato, and take 4 seconds to move out of a bubble, it can really hurt the healers resources.
Mini-Boss
For the mini-boss after this, the only thing I've really noticed is to interrupt his Improved Roar, and all stay close together in the hallway behind where he spawns. It'll minimize his knockbacks, and make it possible to utilise the sorcs AoE heal, and the sniper's bubble shield if you have either of those in your group.
Sav-Rak
As for Sav-Rak, a few useful tips I've noticed are, if you're a sniper/GS, entrench/hunker down is your friend. Camp by the button and use it when you can. If you're MM/SS specced, you can usually keep it up all the time and never have to move during the fight. If you're a sin/shadow tank, when going for the button, make sure to pop force shroud just before you press it, it'll help your healer because you're not taking any damage from his spit for 5 seconds. Also, as is true for every main boss in LI, keep him faced away from the group. Sav-Rak has a cleave, so DPS/heals should stay behind him to avoid unnecessary damage.
Bonus Boss
For the bonus boss, not much to say, aside from, that the tank, if you want, can just walk in a circle around the boss and keep some dps on him while everyone else is moving around.
Lorrick
As for Lorrick, again, stay out of the bad stuff, and DPS him really hard, (can generally get him to go to phase 2 afterthe 3rd kolto tank) and jump on the kolto tanks asap. Mercs, and i htink operatives, even if not heal specced can cleanse the DoT from the green goo from themselves, so help your healers, and take it off of yourself if > 3 stacks. Tanks, you can dodge his satchel charges, just keep on the move back and forth when he starts throwing them. For the final phase, I usually have the group stack up in a corner of the room, again to utilize the sniper bubble/sorc AoE if available, but also so he doesnt knock everyone back so far. And healers, if you have to let someone die in this phase, let it be the tank, you want to keep up as much DPS as possible.
Thats about all I can think of off the top of my head. Will add more if I think of anything.
<Shadowlands> Munda - 60 Sniper | Seever - 60 Juggernaut | Kaasra - 60 Assassin | Vasius - 56 Mercenary | Innoss - 57 Sage | Sediya - 60 Vanguard | Yellow'Polka - 56 Sentinel | Vi'da - 55 Scoundrel

Aurojiin
07.22.2012 , 12:58 AM | #3
I'm pretty sure everyone knows this by now, but you can skip all the trash up to opening miniboss, and you can skip the second miniboss by pulling the associated trash mob back far enough.

LeDogg
07.22.2012 , 02:18 AM | #4
Lorrick fight!
Lately i have had alot of trouble with this when getting groups through group finder. It looks as if different people using different tactics for him or do not know what they are doing at all.

First of all. dps and healers. You shouldnt stack up on phase 1. You should keep moving instead to better avoid initial stack from landing green goo. Cause if u stand at place and u see the red aoe mark under u then its already too late to start moving in order to avoid stack number 1. Also if you are stacked up for this fight its alot harder to avoid the goo cause they cluster around you, that often makes u move more distance in order to avoid it. Also in this way if you get hit then generally all ppl stacked will get hit and thats losing fight for healer. it doesnt look for me as if u can remove this dot. i have tried with sorcerer, but nothing happens. there was something about using rakghoul vaccine against it, but i havent tried it out yet. anyway if you let it stack above 5 stacks then final phase becomes murder to heal. keep that in mind!

Now every1 should nuke the boss obviously and nuke kolto tank after the boss disapears into it. When add comes out of it. You should however split the dps for better overall outcome. Incase of melee/ranged dps setup, ranged is advisable for add. Otherwise put your weaker(geared) dps on it while other dps keeps nuking the boss.
This way you should get through phase 1 fast enough so you dont end up having to kill champion mob from final kolto tank. (thats for them weaker geared dps)

Tank can and should avoid satchel charges that boss starting to throw at you little bit after 2nd goo has landed.
If you eat 4 of them on you they pretty much kill you if your not gettin 1 giant heal in between and generally eat away healers resource. Best way to avoid all of them is to start kiting boss around the kolto tank so u break the LoS with him. You shouldnt worry about that healer cant see you aswell cause if u manage to avoid all satchel charges you dont need much healin

2nd phase! You really have 2 things to worry about here. Staying far away from burning rakghouls and Interrupting Revage. What many healers and rnaged dps tend to not do is put enough distance between them and the burning rakghoul. Boss tends to do aoe stunn once in a while what gives burning adds enough time to catch you.
What they do when they catch you? ohh ye they gonna keep you locked down to the ground(similar to the boss's revage). if that happens to the healer its very bad for the whole group.
Once in a while in this phase Boss is gonna revage the tank, saying something like ''im gonna rip you to pieces''. When that happens you must interrupt him or he basically revages tank to death.

And finally last phase whats actually the easyest in away. (not for healer ofc.)
You stack up (for aoe heals) and you nuke the boss as hard as you can and pray that you have enough dps to kill him especially if u got debuffs stacked on you from phase 1. That gonna hasten your demise by alot in final phase!

Aurojiin
07.22.2012 , 04:17 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by LeDogg View Post
it doesnt look for me as if u can remove this dot. i have tried with sorcerer, but nothing happens. there was something about using rakghoul vaccine against it, but i havent tried it out yet. anyway if you let it stack above 5 stacks then final phase becomes murder to heal. keep that in mind!
The stacking DoT from Lorrick's aoe is definitely cleansable.

LeDogg
07.22.2012 , 12:29 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
The stacking DoT from Lorrick's aoe is definitely cleansable.
Has it been like this since the beginning or nerfed lately? Cause i deffenetly remember 1 try (was abit time ago) where healer was moaning about it alot, that he cannot cleanse it. He was merc healer if i remember correctly. But i guess if you can cleanse it then healers out there...get on with it!!! Last few failed runs with pugs that i had ppl managed to pick up over 10 stacks of this debuff and i didnt see any cleansing happening!

xJACKTHERIPPERx
07.22.2012 , 12:40 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by LeDogg View Post
Has it been like this since the beginning or nerfed lately? Cause i deffenetly remember 1 try (was abit time ago) where healer was moaning about it alot, that he cannot cleanse it. He was merc healer if i remember correctly. But i guess if you can cleanse it then healers out there...get on with it!!! Last few failed runs with pugs that i had ppl managed to pick up over 10 stacks of this debuff and i didnt see any cleansing happening!
always been like this. and mercs and ops can even cleanse it if theyre not specced for healing.
<Shadowlands> Munda - 60 Sniper | Seever - 60 Juggernaut | Kaasra - 60 Assassin | Vasius - 56 Mercenary | Innoss - 57 Sage | Sediya - 60 Vanguard | Yellow'Polka - 56 Sentinel | Vi'da - 55 Scoundrel