Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operations lag is out of hand ....

Rasticles
07.21.2012 , 07:02 AM | #1
Since server transfers, in which my guild moved TO a server, Operations lag has been occasionally bad, to horrendous. On our old server, we never experienced this lag.

We're all grateful being on a busy server, trust me.. the game has re-invented itself for the bulk of us......However......

Ops lag needs to be addressed. Now.

Whether it's EV SM, HM, KP SM or HM, Denova, huge lag spikes are experienced by ALL 8 members of the Op, at the same time.

This complaint isn't new, anymore, and has been brought up plenty of time to warrant serious attention to this issue.

Try offloading the Ops to some of these recently decommissioned servers ? /shrug.....

Just get it done please.....
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

Also, as a friendly reminder, the purpose of this blog is not to highlight the most talked about issues on the forums, but fun, interesting, and productive threads outside of General Discussion.

Rasticles
07.23.2012 , 05:03 AM | #2
My guild, and several other higher end raid guilds on my server endlessly complain about lag spikes in Operations, and to a lesser extent, in Flashpoints......

I have one toon on my old server, and that server's populace, though very small, also experience these lag spikes..........and no response here?

Oh well.......
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

Also, as a friendly reminder, the purpose of this blog is not to highlight the most talked about issues on the forums, but fun, interesting, and productive threads outside of General Discussion.

SalBasss
07.23.2012 , 07:47 AM | #3
It is bad, and especially bad in LI. Noticing a lot of spikes there. One lag spike when LR5 uses Incinerate could mean a wipe.

A group I was in also hit an enrage timer on a KP boss (forget which) with came along with a lag spike, but it didn't matter as he was at 1% or 2% at the time anyways, so we were fine.

Bonesmello
07.25.2012 , 07:56 AM | #4
Fight HM Kephess -> Bomber spawns -> lag spike! -> lag spike ends and Bomber instantly explodes -> 5 minute run back.

As a healer, 90% of the time, I don't even notice lag because no one takes any extra damage during these spikes. The problem is that enrage timers and countdowns continue for those 5-10 seconds of lag.
Zoo'phobia - Sorc Healer <Remarkable Circumference> of The Shadowlands
Knocked his head clean off.
<Remarkable Circumference> is recruiting for 16 man content. PM me for info.

sang
07.25.2012 , 10:44 AM | #5
At this point, I'm not sure what there is we can do. Not to sound like a complete jerk to the CS reps as I know they are just doing their job, but some simple research/awareness/personal experience would tell them this is not a random thing effecting only a handful of people. Here is a timeline I pulled up with about 5 minutes of forum searching:

6/12/12 - 7/1/12 Character Transfer Details Announced & Available

6/20/12 Denova and other Operations Lag

7/06/12 Server Lag killing Raid's with High instance numbers

7/10/12 Lag in Devova

7/10/12 More instances for EC

7/13/12 Denova Overfilled (Lag)

7/17/12 Denova HM Issues persist even after today...

7/21/12 Operations lag is out of hand ....

7/24/12 Thanks Bioware

7/24/12 Server Lag tonight, anyone else?

This is not a coincidence and anyone who has stepped foot in EC on Tuesdays in particular would clearly see this is a server-side problem regarding an inability to handle the population load. What has become the most frustrating, however, is that not only is this issue so painfully obvious to anyone who has actually attempted to raid EC on Tuesdays, but Bioware's complete lack of communication that the problem even exists. I mean seriously, has no one who actually works at Bioware tried to raid on Tuesdays? How about the repeated and consistent complaints since transfers began? It's been over a month since server transfers were made available and we still haven't heard word one from Bioware of even an acknowledgement that they are aware of the problem.
Sang - Sangz - Sanglol - Sanglul - Sangrawr - Sangocity

pure_laced
07.25.2012 , 11:41 AM | #6
I think they are aware of the problem, they just do not know how to fix it, so they are being hush hush about it. Solutions through obscurity.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter

sang
07.25.2012 , 12:00 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by pure_laced View Post
I think they are aware of the problem, they just do not know how to fix it, so they are being hush hush about it. Solutions through obscurity.
Not exactly the best business strategy imo.
Sang - Sangz - Sanglol - Sanglul - Sangrawr - Sangocity

DiLune
07.25.2012 , 12:22 PM | #8
One thing would be to have multiple instances always available, regardless of how many people are on. 8 people in Denova? Three instances available. Then you don't face the depopulating problem and people can self correct individual instance load problems.

Mavery
07.25.2012 , 12:41 PM | #9
What time does everyone raid? This is more curiosity than anything. My group starts raiding at 9pm ET and regardless of what we raid, we never see this crippling lag. We've had a bit of lag during trash pulls (very infrequent). Never on bosses.

I just want to provide more information to Bioware. Is it because everyone raids at 7pm ET and servers are at their peak?
Elidibs Draconis, Kinetic Shadow
Yup, I'm back. Miss me?

pure_laced
07.25.2012 , 12:54 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavery View Post
What time does everyone raid? This is more curiosity than anything. My group starts raiding at 9pm ET and regardless of what we raid, we never see this crippling lag. We've had a bit of lag during trash pulls (very infrequent). Never on bosses.

I just want to provide more information to Bioware. Is it because everyone raids at 7pm ET and servers are at their peak?
You are raiding just outside of peak times so you are getting into a different instance number. Next time you raid on a Tuesday, look to see what instance you are in. If you are in 3 or greater, you won't experience as much as lag as 1 and 2 does. A lot of guilds raid at 8pm EST and are all crammed into 1 and 2 where there are severe lag issues. We force ourselves into 3, but it wastes time reclearing trash, etc.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter