Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Launcher doesn't install English VIdeo 1

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Launcher doesn't install English VIdeo 1

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ImmortalAlien
07.20.2012 , 02:40 PM | #1
Earlier, I had a problem with SWTOR crashes and BSOD while playing as well as "Missing Granny" textures. The BSOD began to frequently persist outside of TOR, so I did a System Recovery. So far, the BSOD has not appeared again and I've begun to install programs I had before. All other programs so far installed with no issue.

However, when reinstalling SWTOR, the launcher will download the English Video 1 file first and begin installation, only to stop at a certain point around 30%. Closing the launcher and starting it again has English Video 1 being installed to the exact same percentage. Uninstalling the launcher and SWTOR, then reinstalling and downloading everything results in English Video 1 being installed to a different percentage near 30% and stopping. The lack of progress in installation persists for over an hour.

Any fix or troubleshooting tips would be appreciated.

DxDiag
Spoiler

Ogada
07.20.2012 , 03:11 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi ImmortalAlien,

When you reinstalled all of your programs did you install an anti-virus or firewall software. If you did, have you added swtor.exe and launcher.exe to the allowed programs/exceptions list?

Thank you.
Ogada | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

ImmortalAlien
07.20.2012 , 05:44 PM | #3
avast! Free Antivirus is installed and on any exclusion list I know for it. It's on Windows Firewall's exception list. The problem is persisting, only it was able to install up to Main Assets 1 to a certain percent and freeze.

Ogada
07.20.2012 , 05:56 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi again ImmortalAlien,

Thank you for that. Can you please post your launcher logs here inside spoiler tags.

In a default installation these files can be found here:
  • 64bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs
  • 32bit: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs
    Example file name: launcher_20111122.Log
Thank you.

danpen
07.20.2012 , 05:58 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalAlien View Post
avast! Free Antivirus is installed and on any exclusion list I know for it. It's on Windows Firewall's exception list. The problem is persisting, only it was able to install up to Main Assets 1 to a certain percent and freeze.
Hello have you been able to get back onto the game yet or not.???
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

ImmortalAlien
07.20.2012 , 08:59 PM | #6
I attempted one of the suggested troubleshooting guides of uninstalling then reinstalling the launcher.

Downloaded Main Assets 1 and now it's installing, yet has been stuck at "Installing Main Assets 1 (0%)" for over 20 minutes.

Launcher log
Spoiler

Also, another thing that might help, when the Launcher is frozen like this during installation, it cannot be closed normally. The "Exit" button is greyed out and the "X" exit button can be clicked with no effect. There isn't even the standard warning of "SWTOR is in the middle of patching, are you sure you want to close?". However, as evident by the log, I can still fully interact with other features of the Launcher including pausing the installation process and checking updates.

Ogada
07.20.2012 , 09:22 PM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi again ImmortalAlien,

Thank you for the logs. However, this log shows that the game has fully patched and updated successfully. Can you confirm what currently happens if you launch the game please. If it isn't installed, can you please close the launcher and send another log in case this one hasn't updated.

Thank you.

ImmortalAlien
07.20.2012 , 10:43 PM | #8
From looking at the log, this is supposed to happen:
Spoiler

And then it should repeat for all the assets unless I'm mistaken.

Instead, the logs show:
Spoiler

For nearly 20 minutes, the INFO Patch Complete and INFO ManifestState=Complete logs do not appear for assets_swtor_main, current=-1 which should signify a completed installation. .

The SWTOR.exe game is not installed and unable to run.

To demonstrate my issue, here is a picture of the launcher at 11:27 PM.

Here is a picture of the launcher at 11:36 PM.

While I understand that the percent progress in installers isn't an adequate display of installation progress, the problem in the pictures where the percent installed remains static continues up to an hour from my experience.

The launcher is now closed. As stated in my previous post, it was not closed as intended. I have to close it through Task Manager.

Here is the updated Launcher log in full:
Spoiler

Ogada
07.20.2012 , 11:20 PM | #9 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
It is possible that your launcher has become corrupt. Please delete the patch folder, the patcher.version file from the SWTOR installation folder and then download the launcher again from www.swtor.com/download. Let me know how you get on.

Thank you.

ImmortalAlien
07.21.2012 , 03:56 PM | #10
Deleted the Patch folder and patcher.version file. Downloaded the Launcher from the link that you gave me.

What happened:
The downloader recognized that I had parts of SWTOR already installed in E:Programs\EA\Bioware\Star Wars The Old Republic and asked if I wanted to restore things to default. I did. The patcher was reinstalled. I opened the patcher and entered my log in information, which included my email, password, and security key. I chose the SWTOR environment. The patcher checked for if I had all of Main Assets 1 downloaded. It confirmed that I did and began installation.

The Launcher log indicates that the installation of Main Assets 1 began at 1:36 PM.
Spoiler

I went out to do some errands and returned with the installation of Main Assets 1 stuck at 28% at 4:09 PM. [PICTURE] The computer did not go to sleep.

In order to help you suggest other troubleshooting ideas, here is a list of what I've done since the System Restore:
  • Everything suggested in this thread
  • Uninstalled all of SWTOR and downloaded the Launcher from the SWTOR.com main page. The problem persists.
  • Uninstalled all of SWTOR and downloaded an outdated Launcher from pre-launch through a friend. The problem persists.
  • Used CMD in administrator mode to check for registry errors through the SFC/scannow command. It was a 100% verification that nothing was found.
  • Used avast! Free Antivirus to scan all of the computer for viruses. Nothing was found.
  • Ran the Launcher in Windows XP SP3 compatability mode. First attempt resulted in a BSOD. Second attempt resulted in the patcher beginning installation yet running into the same problem.
  • Did a chkdsk of the E: drive and Windows found no errors.
  • Confirmed with the BIOS that there is no overclocking.
  • Updated Nvidia and motherboard drivers.
  • Ran FixLauncher.exe. Problem persists. EDIT
  • Pinged cdn-patch.swtor.com and got the IP 68.142.122.70

New Launcher log:
Spoiler